Final Fantasy Unlimited

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Final Fantasy Unlimited

Postby Atlan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:07 am

Serously, is there ANYONE ELSE out there that has watched Final Fantasy Unlimited?
I mean, i've asked a coupple of people about it, and mentioned it on a coupple of forums (not this one), but few have even heard of it.
I reckon it could work as a SM crosover, but is there anyone out there who would reckonize Kaze and Makenshi?
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:40 am

I've seen an episode but I didn't care for the show.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Adyen » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:30 am

It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. And I don't mean it in a good (ha ha) way either. More of a... "This is so sad. I can't believe it has the name Final Fantasy on it" kind of funny.
Adyen
Senshi Cadet

Postby crystlshake » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:44 am

I suffered through it. Most of the adult main characters (and to some extent the villians) were ok. The basic premis of the plot was lame/poorly executed in my opinion. I think its a case where the characters were the victims of the plot. I think a big part of the problem was that the kids were too young, or incapable to really add much to the story or the party.
The main villian was a dissapointment as well. The summons were decent, but they were a little to prevalent considering they were about the only special attacks used. I think Lisa only used like 2 or 3 attacks thrue 7 discs. She played baby sitter keeping the kids out of the crossfire till kaze showed up to do the fighting.
There were a few points where they would have been well served to expand on like the 'boss' clown like guy.
In all honesty, the old animated final fantasy (legend of the crystals) was better in many ways. Not the best movie ive ever seen by any means but it was more enjoyable by far. At least it didnt feel like i was forcing myself to watch the next episode in hopes it gets better. The final boss encounter seemed better to me as well.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:14 pm

legend of the crystals

Never heard of that one. Whats it like, and which FF is it set in?
I gotta say, i liked FFU. I mean, one you totally forget you ever played any FF game, it wasnt too bad.
But for FF on DVD- give me advent children any day! Oh, the fight scenes! Not a lot of plot, but dear god the fight scenes!
Come to think of it, did anyone see Final Fantasy: The spirit within, and not want to go murder its creators? I mean, about its only conection to final fantsay was the fact that the bad guy wore a coat like Seifer from ff8!
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

FF

Postby Misfortune’s Delight » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:38 pm

Don't even start on Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. I couldn't even seat through the whole thing. Man it was terrible.
“Well the outrages I have suffered today will not be soon forgotten, I will not be forgetting those outrages, No they won’t be forgotten, No not the outrages.........
Yeah, Yeah the outrages I think we got it.”- Stewie, and Brian from Family Guy
Misfortune’s Delight
Initiate

Advent Children

Postby Dark Magic » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:45 pm

Advent Children is amazing it made me want to play FF 7 all over again.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:04 pm

About the only FF movie/series I've seen is Advent Children. Plot was decent at least, and brought about a bit of closure to FFVII, but as Atlan said; Sweetest fight scenes in existance, bar none. Heh, even the Matrix effects and fight scenes pale to Advent Children.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:21 pm

Anybody going to get Dirge of the Cerebus for the PS2. It's going to star Vincent Valentine. I'm thinking about getting but not certain at this point.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:27 pm

Haven't got a PS2, so it's not very likely.
The Devils Creed

Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Atlan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:17 pm

Isnt there another Vincint game? I cant remember much about it, but I heard it was on cell phone or something
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:21 pm

Atlan wrote:Isnt there another Vincint game? I cant remember much about it, but I heard it was on cell phone or something

No clue haven't heard of that only the PS2 version. But I don't really know alot about cell phone games so there could be.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:21 pm

The Devils Creed

Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:35 am

I haven't decided if I'll get Dirge of Cerberus when it comes out or not. If another game that I'm more interested comes out at around the same time then I'll probably wait ask for it as a birthday gift.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:33 am

I hold firmly to the belief that if for spirits within, they recycled the FF8 plot for the movie it would have sold out the box office. Out of all of the FF games I think 8 would have been the easiest to condense to a movie length without loosing much of the story. It also has the most extra content (like the connection to Laguna) that could be cut without hurting the story. Cool weapons and locations combined with a romance/adventure/action motife would have made a much more fullfilling viewing experience. Not to mention it wouldnt have cheesed off the fans as much, and been a less risky venture. The animation was excellent, but the story was about as far as you could get from ff, in my opinion. I honestly dont know how the script got approved for a project taking up that much of square's resources.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Anime / Manga