Concept art: Sailor Sol & sailor Iris

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Concept art: Sailor Sol & sailor Iris

Postby Cheb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 pm

I'm not sure where this should go, as it feels more fit for "Outlines and Scenes". Still, pictures usually go here.

I'm developing different outlooks, to further distance my fic from the Sailor Ranko extended universe: better to cut the ties than to fracture the already fragile SR canon.
I'd appreciate if anyone has some criticism points on these drafts.

Made it in the Senshi Maker first, then roughly retouched by hand.

Ranma:

Akane (note her power is based on elemental rainbows, thus the color scheme):

It's 3:30 in the morning. Brain.. going... shutdown... :x Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Re: Concept art: Sailor Sol & sailor Iris

Postby frice2000 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Sol should be...brighter. I always think that's lacking when most authors make a person the Senshi of the Sun. Make some sort of coronal lighting effect really. Show a kind of barely restrained sense of destruction in the uniform, a precarious balance. I'd really just make her look less tamed then the other Senshi in general in regards to outfit. Put in some more exotic features into it, make it look significantly different considering the relative stability of a planet versus the more chaotic and ever changing nature of the Sun itself. Also not too much of a fan of the sandals. Could do something pretty neat with those, perhaps make them like they are made out of plasma? That could be neat.

In regards to Akane...too much rainbow on the skirt. Think you need to tone that down looks way too gaudy, unless of course you're playing on that for humor.

All in all some nice work there.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:52 am

since she really did design it all herself

Yes, but she had practically a hero worship/a strong desire to be "one of", so there's a reason for her to copy them, even if unconsciouusly (considering the uniform is a manifestation of her will). I greatly admire Silver Sun and would like to comply with it if possible (we'll see yet how that story unfolds)

I was thinking an off white like R 250, G255, B 225

White is also the color of purity.

I like how Rainbow turned out.

I'm also thinking about distorting it slightly in a starburst pattern -- but that's of no importance now. Finally I can get on with the actual retconning. There's a ton of work ahead, starting with merging the Russian and English versions into one bilingual source code. Which means copy paragraph, paste paragraph, copy paragraph, paste paragraph... ad infinitum. Five chapters in this manner. Woe me. :cry:
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:04 am

At least its self imposed, No new Stalin or anything making gulags again or the like.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fan Art