Art for The Return ch 28: "Sailor" Nuit

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Art for The Return ch 28: "Sailor" Nuit

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Here's a character that appears in the start of ch28.

That first scene can be read here

And the picture of Nuit by J St C Patrick can be found here
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Re: Art for The Return ch 28: "Sailor" Nuit

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:59 am

I thought Marvin the Martian's garb was a parody of Roman armor... She's clearly Egyptian.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Spokavriel wrote: I thought Marvin the Martian's garb was a parody of Roman armor... She's clearly Egyptian.

Marvin is clearly Roman. The Queen has a much more Egyptian flavor.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:07 pm

Heh, I wasn't actually thinking of Marvin or his Queen. Though I'll confess to some stylistic similarities. But Nuit's styling are cobbled from Ancient Egyptian mythology and stereotypical Ancient Egyptian fashion.

Spokavriel: The martian Queen was introduced in the new Duck Dogers series. I think. If you mean Nuit; she was just introduced in the First scene of ch28, a link to it can be found in the first post of this thread.

frice2000: I would have preferred a different pose and more elaborate background too, maybe even Setsuna. But when this was drawn Pat was very busy so I'm still quite happy with the piece as it is. There's pretty good odds that there will be more art on her too. I do think the texture on her skin and detailing on her really help make it, as those are big parts of her.

Don't worry about Egyptian-Stargate stuff. ;p There's a specific purpose she is Nuit (both her traditional powerset and being of the Egyptian pantheon) and it doesn't have to do with Stargate.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Return to Fan Art