Fanart for And If That Don't Work ch7

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Fanart for And If That Don't Work ch7

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Major spoiler for this image.

If you haven't read the chapter here, please do so first.

Imagehere.

Drawn by J. St.C. Patrick
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Re: Fanart for And If That Don't Work ch7

Postby frice2000 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:28 pm

Very interesting image and a nicely done piece of art. Don't particularly like the eyes though. I wonder what bit of 'SCIENCE!' inspired Insana to use high heeled boots...Doesn't seem to be conductive to ease of movement and solid footing.

Anyway, the similarities of this characters new 'look' to another cyborg inspired me to do a quick 10 minute photo manipulation which I'll attach below. It's not particularly good in fact it's pretty awful. But for 10 minutes or less of work and using Paint Shop Pro with me and zero artistic skills...Well it makes me laugh.
Attachments
nukuangel.jpg
nukuangel.jpg (164.83 KiB) Viewed 11292 times
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:48 pm

Very interesting image and a nicely done piece of art. Don't particularly like the eyes though.

[Yeah Pat did real good. I like how he got the retro styling and Eva themes in.
[As for the eyes, that's what Unit 02's eyes look like, under the green lenses.

I wonder what bit of 'SCIENCE!' inspired Insana to use high heeled boots...Doesn't seem to be conductive to ease of movement and solid footing.

[What science for high heels? Well you've gotta! Robot girls have high heels. That's just how it goes ;p

Anyway, the similarities of this characters new 'look' to another cyborg inspired me to do a quick 10 minute photo manipulation which I'll attach below. It's not particularly good in fact it's pretty awful. But for 10 minutes or less of work and using Paint Shop Pro with me and zero artistic skills...Well it makes me laugh.

[hehe. Yay for earblades.

[she doesn't look a part of the action at all, but that's the perspective at work.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:24 pm

When it comes to the High Heels have you considered the potential of using them to reduce a turn radius or make it so there is a smaller "Footprint" on the ground. I'm surprised more Giant Robots don't have Geta so that the contact zone is less than that of a car but still stable for bots of that size.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:29 pm

When it comes to the High Heels have you considered the potential of using them to reduce a turn radius or make it so there is a smaller "Footprint" on the ground. I'm surprised more Giant Robots don't have Geta so that the contact zone is less than that of a car but still stable for bots of that size.

[Turn radius is a valid point... on a big robot.
[But on a big robot you actually don't want a small contact zone.
[The pressure would be enormous and be even more damaging = M(robot)/A(contact)

[Really the mecha would just sink into the ground, negating the effect of the heels/geta.

[Kiko doesn't have that issue, being humansized. Though she's probably pretty heavy.
[Even if the eva armor is a composit.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:36 pm

It comes down to design but I do admit the feet have to have enough contact area for the ground to handle the mass. Technically any time they fight outside of the area of the Geofront's roof all the Evangellions should have their feet sinking into the ground at least to mid calf like they were a person in beach sand or snow drifts.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:36 am

It's all about the AT fields. If it isn't feasible to have a real giant robot, just add magic soul force fields, they allow you to fudge the physics just like Kryptonians picking up cruise ships with their bare hands thanks to solar powered instinctive tactile telekinesis.
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:02 pm

As her eyes are a little hard to see in the picture Sunshine posted, Here is a link to a close up of her head and shoulders.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Shouldn't there be some difference in color between the lens round and the socket? I'd have to find the scene but I'm fairly sure once you got off the round it wasn't a matching color.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Not according to this picture: Link
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:46 pm

That's rather disgusting. But consider that at least one of the eyes is burst. There's a chance that the "whites" area is dark there because they are flooded with LCL.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fan Art