Heir to the Empire fanart

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Heir to the Empire fanart

Postby Kadunta » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:05 pm

A drawing of Ranma and her magical girl bodyguards out of uniform in Ozzallos's Heir to the Empire. I consider the drawing finished and do not intend to make further adjustments. I already did some post-scan editing of the lineart and am trying to learn to live with my mistakes.

Known errors:
- Ranma and Michiru are too tall.
- Ranma and Haruka have wrong arms to the front.
- Ranma's hands are both botched up.
- Ranma's legs shouldn't be as much in a line.
- Ranma's shirt is too tight.
- Hotaru is about to run into Ranma's barn-sized backside.
- There's something strange going on in Haruka's pelvic region.
- Michiru's breasts are too small.
- Her poise is more akin to a gorilla.
- She's just plain ugly.

If you notice something else, feel free to pipe up.

Google Street View was useful here. The background was drawn to imitate a storefront in Nerima (or close by)... with the exception that I decided to drop the 7-11 colours and logo of the picture.

The link will stop working at some point, after which it's up to Ozz to find a place to keep the picture if he so wants.
"Nothing desiccates a mind so much as its repugnance to conceive obscure ideas."
-- E.M.Cioran, "All Gall Is Divided", translation by Richard Howard
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

RE:Heir to the Empire fanart

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Is this the 7-11 north of the Ward office not too far from some kind of overpass? Actually I think the only person you didn't make the chest a bit small on is Hotaru. Ranma's hair is a bit too small All of らんま½ cast tend to have allot more volume to their hair. Ranma's face kinda reminds me of Kodachi. The shirt ties are nicely done but I don't remember any of Ranma's shirts with the ties that didn't extend all the way. And they all tended to be worn tucked in.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Heir to the Empire fanart

Postby Kadunta » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:10 am

Not quite the 7-11 you meant. And apparently I missed a door.

When doing crossover fanart, I deliberately draw all the characters in the same style (which is neither of the original art styles) for consistency. That is why Ranma's hair has less volume... still maybe a bit too much. Then again, imagining the senshi with as much volume to their hair as Ranma is rather interesting. As for the shirt ties... selecting clothing isn't my strongest suit and it's been years since I last looked at the manga. Same goes for how they were worn. So that's two more notches against the drawing.

Regarding Ranma looking like Kodachi... still, I suppose that's better than looking like an uncute male, which was the case before some post-scan changes to her jaw and cheeks. Strike number three.
"Nothing desiccates a mind so much as its repugnance to conceive obscure ideas."
-- E.M.Cioran, "All Gall Is Divided", translation by Richard Howard
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Heir to the Empire fanart

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:37 am

I think the biggest difference that could get it from Kodachi to Ranma-chan would be to give her slightly chubbier rounded cheeks. You know that sometimes subtle roundness just below the eye line? Its part of what makes Ranma-chan look less severe than Kodachi.

On the Hair Volume. If you went much shorter on Ranma it would seem more like Principal Kuno got to her for a haircut but missed the pigtail. But a point between where the hair is now and where it would be on those overly large and Round Ranma cannon heads might have the right effect.

Looking at the map the 7-11 I was thinking of is only 14 blocks away. Guess we both like looking at the neighborhood around the Ward Office.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fan Art