Request: Godzilla Design and Poster

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Request: Godzilla Design and Poster

Postby MovieBrat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:02 pm

This concerns the story War of the Giant Beasts. What I'm requesting is basically I'm asking anyone to design Godzilla for the story. I'm not a very good artist so I'm just asking anyone to draw it.

Since the story takes place after Godzilla Raids Again, I'm requesting for this Godzilla to resemble the classic look from his debut in 1954.

And as for the poster, I'd like for it to have a Drew Struzan-esque feel to it. I always dig those kind of posters. As to what's on it. Here's how I describe the poster,

Godzilla is basically standing over everything in a menacing manner, preparing to fire his atomic blasts, hlaf of Jadeite's face is on the background with an evil smirk on his face, Ranma and Akane embrace each other and they're on bottom right corner with their faces turning to the left with concerned looks on their faces, Anguirus approaches Godzilla on the left side, Varan's face is on the upper right corner, Baragon is on the right side, Sailor Moon holds her Moon Sceptor in the center of the poster, the rest of the Inner Senshi are in the bottom left corner with their usual poses like they're ready to kick ass.
MovieBrat
Senshi Cadet

Re: Request: Godzilla Design and Poster

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Nice elements but your arrangement suggestions just don't work for me. The mid ground is almost too busy and if Godzilla's about to flame then his back spines should be glowing? So what kind of position would you be able to put him in without it seeming like he's standing like an idiot flaming in a direction without his enemies in it?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby MovieBrat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Nice elements but your arrangement suggestions just don't work for me. The mid ground is almost too busy and if Godzilla's about to flame then his back spines should be glowing? So what kind of position would you be able to put him in without it seeming like he's standing like an idiot flaming in a direction without his enemies in it?

Like he was aiming at Anguirus. However, if the arrangements don't work, feel free to arrange them in places which would be more sutible.
MovieBrat
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 pm

I wonder if anyone could really pull off that poster style without allot of practice with an airbrush. I haven't even attempted to draw Godzilla since the 1980's. I was just curious who the target of the breath was.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby MovieBrat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Spokavriel wrote: I wonder if anyone could really pull off that poster style without allot of practice with an airbrush. I haven't even attempted to draw Godzilla since the 1980's. I was just curious who the target of the breath was.

Ah. Well, again, I'd like to see someone try a Drew Struzan-esque poster for the this concept. Recently I've become a fan of the guy's works since I watched The Nostalgia Critic's tribute to the guy.

And I'd like to see you try drawing Godzilla. Since I requested classic Godzilla, I can give you a reference if you want.
MovieBrat
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:29 pm

I have allot of refference images. But I know I wouldn't be able to achieve the quality you are looking for. I'm no where near that good.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby MovieBrat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:37 pm

Spokavriel wrote: I have allot of refference images. But I know I wouldn't be able to achieve the quality you are looking for. I'm no where near that good.

Doesn't matter if it doesn't look good. Just try your best. In fact, here's a reference image.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/AdvHTML_Upload/gojira.jpg

Would that do?
MovieBrat
Senshi Cadet

Return to Fan Art