Game Boy Video Game Accessory, Sorry not Anime.

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Game Boy Video Game Accessory, Sorry not Anime.

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:56 pm

I just recently got a used Game Genie and sadly the code book that was included has had pages ripped out. So I'm making Sticker labels to put on my Game Boy games. Galoob also included stickers but well they were low quality and included no graphics. Not all of my Game Boy games have official codes and the Fan codes are a bit hard to work out what I would want to include. But regardless, here is my first Sticker using Official codes for Dr. Mario™
Game_Genie_Dr,_Mario_Code_Sticker.PNG
Game_Genie_Dr,_Mario_Code_Sticker.PNG (539.28 KiB) Viewed 6034 times

I know it is a little excessive but I even copied the font and spacing for the code characters as shown on the Game Boy screen.

Edit: Someone did add one of the original stickers onto the outside of the Game Boy. I hadn't thought to add it at first but for comparison here's what you originally had for sticking on the back of your Game Boy Game Pack.

CODE_STK.png
CODE_STK.png (334.6 KiB) Viewed 6029 times

Edit Again.
Keep thinking of more things sorry about that. I'm half tempted to redo the title line using D℞. Mario™ to be closer to what the actual title on the cart has. Oh and I think I should point out all this is based on scans and that 2 1/8 inches in the corner of my label is a print size reminder. The D℞. Mario™ graphic in the corner is a 1/3 scale reduction of the actual cart label. Both of these images are to scale with each other.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Game Boy Video Game Accessory, Sorry not Anime.

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 pm

Here's a relatively blank copy of the Label if anyone out there has a Game Boy Game Genie and would like to do the same style sticker.

And for the codes. http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/Galo ... books.html This page has a zip with just about all of them for all the systems.

I'll post the other code labels as I get the ones made up for the games in my collection.

And maybe sort out this big mess of codes and make my own Master Book. Wonder if anyone made some Game Genie codes for the Pokémon Trading Card Game cart.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Good start but a long way to go on another part of this project. Galoob published allot more codes than are in the original Code Book after the system was launched. And this image is a cover for a code book that will take up most of the space provided in the Game Genie for the book. 1 mm shorter in each direction than the maximum capacity. So if I can find a way to get all the codes to fit on few enough pages for a 1.5cm thick book with pages only about(Not counting spine allowance 5.4cm 4.2cm. That is not allot of space but I think its possible.

So here's the cover for it and if its printed 540mm wide then it should be about 990mm tall. Ended up going metric for this image because inches keep rounding too soon for it to be as useful for printing it the exact right size.
New_Game_Genie_Code_Book_cover.PNG
New_Game_Genie_Code_Book_cover.PNG (223.67 KiB) Viewed 5891 times

You might notice that although I included most of the text there are a few minor changes. Like lack of lightning around the logo. And printed location or rights statements. I figure since I'm printing it myself for my own use why fib and repeat all the other information?

Edit: Maybe that back cover would be a bit easier to read if I flip it around.
New_Game_Genie_Code_Book_back_cover.PNG
New_Game_Genie_Code_Book_back_cover.PNG (29.71 KiB) Viewed 5889 times

That should help. And I didn't repeat the whole image. Its just better to have it as one piece to print it out. I was half tempted to change the direction of the text to make it more like a normal book but that wouldn't look right if I did it on the back cover but not the front. Or weird through the window in the Genie's storage compartment if the logo were mostly hidden and sideways.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:27 pm

Finally have some color ink. And I have a long way to go before I can print out and bind my own copy of the Game Boy Game Genie Code Book. Updating and adding in the other codes is not easy. But here is a scan of what I showed above printed out. I did end up making some changes to the book cover because the text on the back cover turned out to be nearly unreadable as it is on the already posted copy of the book cover.
GG_WIP.png
GG_WIP.png (1019.78 KiB) Viewed 5825 times

Little note without the scroll bars its hard to actually view the whole image in the browser window unless you have a screen with higher rez than I am comfortable with.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fan Art