Random fanart v4

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Re: Random fanart v4

Postby Vocaloid » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:05 am

She looks good, almost has the feel of a resin casting to her as well
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:02 pm

Much better.

Could do a bit more shading on her skin though. As her flesh looks a bit flatter than her armor.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Any better? Ideally, it should be highlights, but I can't do it well (which is why I'm cheating instead with gradients).
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Much better, much more even shading.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:24 pm

I'd call it perfect if I believed it were possible. I'll find something to nitpick about eventually. Maybe. ;) Its Great!
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:11 am

Jadeite, wip. Still DKA fanart, although this can probably stand on its own as generic SM fanart.

rant: apparently, my monitor is wildly miscalibrated. When I saw some of my pics under another monitor I saw so, so, so many mistakes especially in the dark areas. For example, I thought that Ami pic shadow was subtle. Its anything but in some monitors. Argh.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:42 am

As I understand it, few people outside the printing industry bother with gamma-correcting or otherwise calibrating their monitors.
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:49 am

Some times when I am bored I delete and redo a set of graphics for calibrating bright dark and gama. Mathematically you should be able to get all the gama boxes to be unnoticeable. I haven't gotten a single screen yet to manage both the Dark and Light Gama sets at the same time. This computer doesn't have the full set of images on it but its on just about all the other ones. Part that sucks though is this is the only comp without a floppy drive.

Edit: I've posted the images to help set the high and low ends of the RGB scale so you can see as much as possible. Still need to redo the Gama Blocks and color scales to help see if things are in balance. http://www.explodingrabbit.com/forum/th ... rge.13756/ They end up messing with computer graphics over there with all the video game things inspired by the Super Mario Bros. Crossover game.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks spok, but I need to register in that forum to see the pics. And its my monitor that's the problem -- fixing the black point messes up the white point.

Jaw's a bit too wide.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:28 pm

The jaw doesn't seem wide to me... Remember it will seem narrower with shading.
You've probably already seen if you've been in the Fan Art board I've reposted the images here. Still missing one color scales and gama blocks but the other images should be viewable for you now.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Image Image

Coloring started.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:46 am

Tada.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:42 am

The face seems a little soft now that its shaded. Almost more like Zoicite. The hair doesn't have as much definition as it needs to stand up with the quality of the shading in the clothing. Its really close...
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Nose and cheeks editted a bit to make them sharper and less rounded. Hair is editted a bit.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:38 pm

This is a little tough to explain so I hope I don't just end up confusing you. But before the hair was edited the eyes worked better. But now with everything else a bit better defined the eyes are coming across as if they are painted on instead of actually part of his face.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art