Random fanart v4

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Re: Random fanart v4

Postby mondu_the_fat » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:30 am

Better? Took the opprtunity to make the skirt longer and the top of the head whiter (hair is supposed to be white on top then black on the ends and back).
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Better though you might have gone a bit too bright on the shirt. You didn't make any change to the boots. They could also use at least some definition. While the hair conveys the effect you mentioned it doesn't quite make it all the way to white. Its still a bit darker than platinum gray at the crest of her head.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 pm

refs

Dungeon Keeper Ami, WIP. Shoulder paldrons are off. I may or may not fix it (the geometry is annoying and I can't get the two layers to fit together properly), depending on my mood. Posing a scythe is problematic. It looks much cooler with the flat face facing outward... but it often isn't a realistic depiction on how it would be wielded.

Freaking awesome fic. I marathoned the entire 140+ chapter thing in a day then went back to reread it the day later.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Good start. Looks like you got the armor Yeah I think you kinda just have to hope for hte best with a scythe like that.

Huh, so that fic's good? I thought it was done on anime addventure?
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Sunshine wrote:Good start. Looks like you got the armor Yeah I think you kinda just have to hope for hte best with a scythe like that.

Yeah, its on addventure. Just go with what Pusakuronu wrote rather than the branches. I'd say easily in the top 10 fanfics I've read. Could use a bit of proofreading, as sometimes a few punctuation marks and spelling are off, but still fairly excellent.

If Fire's The Use of Power were actually continued, they'd probably have the same feel.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Dang storm knocked out power for a day.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Looking good, hair should work.

Hmm, I suppose Ami's figure is that slight and dainty. Also the armor deliberately makes her look smaller beneath it. Her being barefoot really makes her look tiny.

Does the angle of the scythe work with her left hand open like that?
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:42 am

It works well enough.

I tried to make Ami look thin/fragile. It looks like it worked.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Almost done...
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Cheb » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:41 am

It feels like the head is a bit too big. But I may be wrong.

Yes, but it is written by one author only. He just uses AA as a hosting platform (plus there are some short omakes the fans add in the side branches).
It's very good IMO.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:58 am

Coloring looks good.

Though it now gives her a bit of a thousand-yard-stare. What kind of expression were you going for with her?
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:51 am

I'm not so sure about it being a 1000 yard stare or just the way the hair frames the face making the eyes feel too wide apart...
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:27 am

Expression is supposed to be angry, but I haven't gotten to fixing the eyebrows and mouth yet. Eyes are also supposed to be glowing red, but I don't want to just slap on ordinary red glow so I'm looking for some Cable pics to get ideas.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:17 pm

I just looked again and realized what seems off about her eyes. Her left eye, the one closest to the blade, is out of plane based on her nose ears and other eye. Its just a little too high on her head.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:57 am

Image+

Pretty much done. More fitting expression, left eye lowered very slightly, coloring finished. The lines are a bit thicker than I'd like, though.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art