Random Ranma fanart from me

Request, Submission, or Review of Fanart. Again "fukufic" content preferred but not necessary

Random Ranma fanart from me

Postby Kadunta » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:18 am

I put my random fan art stuff on one page. If you've been on the IRC channel, chances are you've seen them all by now (Ranma-chan as a witch, a generic red-headed sailor leaping and the one Ranma as Pluto pic I posted on the old forums). I haven't put this page accessible yet in my site sidebar, mostly because I'll put together at least a thumbnail gallery of the pics there before that (and hopefully get a few decent pics in there in upcoming weeks).
"Nothing desiccates a mind so much as its repugnance to conceive obscure ideas."
-- E.M.Cioran, "All Gall Is Divided", translation by Richard Howard
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:48 am

Very nice, I especially like the Best of Times pics, Ranma manages to have Pluto's aura of mystery pulled off well.
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Nexus » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:29 am

I agree those pictures are quite nice.
Nexus
Senshi Candidate

Postby Greybara » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:48 am

nice but the staff should be considerably longer i think
Greybara
Senshi Candidate

Postby Kadunta » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:53 pm

Greybara: so I've heard... and I was too lazy to start scourging the Internet for more pics on the staff. I just don't think one metre is that long, though, or maybe it's just me. Ah well, I'll try to do better next time :)
"Nothing desiccates a mind so much as its repugnance to conceive obscure ideas."
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Kadunta » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:42 pm

Okay, here's the second and most likely last piece of TBoT fan art from me - at least for a while now. Things (for me at least) to complain about: failed hands & fingers, inconsistent shading, the floating glob of paint pretending to be the garnet orb, boring background... feel free to add to the list :)
(I assumed the orb is really just the big red gem, excluding the gray thingamajig around it. Disagree if you feel like it, you'd be more likely correct than I.)
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:44 pm

I would not want to find Ranma looming over me looking like that. I think she'd even be able to make Kuno think twice about glomping her with that look on her face.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:37 pm

Very Nice. The only downside is seeing your pics reminds me about how bad I am at drawing. :cry:
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ozzallos » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:49 am

[Removed at poster request]
Ozzallos
Senshi Cadet

Postby crystlshake » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:08 pm

I like the impish impression of the pic with ranma in the witches costume. The TBoT image with her on the building edge is cool. I like the dark violet background color but a little cloud texture to it would help improve the 'dark looming sky' feel. The roof edge could also use a little brickwork or variation to its surface to look more like the edge of a building. The colors are perfect for the mood however, and Ranma herself is wonderfully posed and drawn/colored. I appologize if i sound overcritical, knowing that these images are better than most that i have the skill to produce, I just wanted to point out parts that could use improvement. Though the lack of detail on the environment helps the character stand out more, i found it to be a little too simple for my tastes. I wont complain too loudly since im not very good at environments myself.
For the looming image i like the background color but some kind of effect would help it shine more. Maybe one of the 'horizontal lightning bolt' effects or a subtle aura effect that wont obscure the subtle color shift already present.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Kadunta » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:37 pm

crystlshake: Usually it's me who's overcritical about my work :) And I don't mind constructive criticism at all. I don't do much in the way of backgrounds because, well, I don't think I'm any good drawing them and digital image processing isn't really my cup of tea either. That's why my backgrounds are more than a little bland - I'm too impatient to use rulers and most human-made environments have a lot of straight lines to draw.
I had thought of some stylized crescent moon in both TBoT images' background, but gave up on that for some reason (eg. being too much of a cliché).
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Ranma Fanart

Postby AshK1980 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:34 pm

Very nice!!!! I wish I could draw like that!!!
Sincerely,
AshK
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Kadunta » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:08 pm

Haven't been drawing fan art (or anything else for that matter) lately. Hopefully I'm now breaking out of my slump.
Since I doubt RanmaTronic is going to get much of a following, I decided to try drawing some art for it myself. This is still only a lineart pic and I might add more of those glowing lines to girl-Ranma. My attempts to colour it have been ... less than successful.
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:56 pm

Well, it looks better in color than in black and white in my opinion. The disk looks great though!
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:23 am

In the Ranma TBoT pics, the lower legs look shapeless and unfinished, definitely not up to the quality of the rest of the images they are part of. Little in the way of curvature for the shins, no detail on the feet/boots, and little to make them look dimensional. It's almost as if you ran out of energy when it came time to draw Ranma below the knees.
lwf58
Site Master

Next

Return to Fan Art