HELP!!!

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

HELP!!!

Postby Delta-Theta » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:22 pm

I am having a bit of trouble with an idea of mine...
It's a Ranma/SM fic.. not a fukufic (atleast I'm not planning on it)
well anyway the premise behind it is that when the Silver Milleninum fell Serenity didn't have Luna and Artemis placed in stasis.. she had them sent to earth.. alive and well...
well anyway they lived on earth till present by useing their magic and made disguises... but when they find the senshi their latest disguises are that of Colonge and Happosai :D
what I need help with is a way of puting them in with out messing up the timeline for either series to much and how to bring the NWC and the senshi together...
Losers call it "Cheating",
Winners call it "Exceptional Use of Unconventional Tatics".
Deal with it!
Delta-Theta
Senshi Cadet

Postby Atlan » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:55 am

I wonder if you could work shampoos curse in somehow- since she is the grandughter of a moon cat, it could be intersting.
Since towards the end of the manga, you see the old pair less and less, that could be explained by being adivsors normally, but going back to nermia to keep things under controll.
So many opeings for a fuku fic though. Ranma and the NWC being trained as they are senshi and didnt know it?
Or maby, they are being groomed to take the mantels of various moons- after all, mars has two that could be used, and saturn 35! Not to mention the rest of the solar system, plus the Orrt cloud (a huge reagon of space out past pluto, with several known chunks of debeis bigger than pluto).
Hah, just had a thought- artimes aint pretending to be a pervert- he is one! I can just see him sleeping in minako's underwear draw!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Innortal » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:11 am

Well, they do have the Xi Fa Xiang Gao, so they might have just "wrote" themselves in.
Hell, the Musk and Amazons may have solely been founded at their times to assist or replace the Senshi as necessary.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:54 pm

'Grandmother' could very easily be an adoptive title, or an honorary one. There's nothing that specifically says that Cologne and Shampoo are blood related in Ranma canon (to my memory anyway).
-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:15 am

Imaigne Shampoos moon cat heritage coming out in a senshi battle- A cute little cat with human sized bonbori, one in its mouth, the other tied to its tail!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:45 am

Atlan wrote:Imaigne Shampoos moon cat heritage coming out in a senshi battle- A cute little cat with human sized bonbori, one in its mouth, the other tied to its tail!

LOL, I feel sorry for the enemies' kneecaps!
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:01 pm

The only problem is that how would you explain the memory problems the cats seem to have.
Or maybe you can just blame it on old age.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:27 am

Old age and/or time. Even if they were important events to their lives, several hundred years or more would start to blur or replace older memories(that werent reaffirmed by contact with those that they pertain to) with newer, fresher memories. From a biological standpoint the more current memories would be more important as they play a greater role in survival, and their current well being. It doesnt apply so much to survival skills as it does to knowledge. Remembering amazon lore to not blow your cover for several hundred years alone would gradually diminish the importance of knowing details about things centuries gone past with no definite knowledge of when that information will come in handy. This coupled with the slight chance of the 'soul to the future' spell failing and the information becoming mostly moot anyway doesnt help them either.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Vasey » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:58 am

No kidding. The Moon Kingdom would have had to be absolutely ancient or there would have been mentions of it in history books even if they discounted it really being on the moon. Ten thousand years or whatever would sure as hell cause some memory loss.
Vasey
Senshi Cadet

Postby TerraEpon » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:20 am

Vasey wrote:No kidding. The Moon Kingdom would have had to be absolutely ancient

...it IS ancient. The 1000 years thing was a dub mistake.
-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:52 pm

You could make the time where Happy was locked in the cave by Genma and Soun he was really training with Minako where ever she was at the time.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Delta-Theta » Wed May 10, 2006 12:26 am

this idea has been put on a back burner for the time being as I have a new and original idea for a fukufics *grin* those of you in the IRC chat has heard about it.. I am currently writing it and it will be awhile before I can get it posted here for C&C..
please be patient
Makoto-chan!! ^_^
Losers call it "Cheating",
Winners call it "Exceptional Use of Unconventional Tatics".
Deal with it!
Delta-Theta
Senshi Cadet

Return to Ideas