Siblings Kuno, A new perspective.

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Siblings Kuno, A new perspective.

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:12 pm

Ok reality is mostly cannon. Cologne has some curse waters in storage at her restaurant because they are useful in both making instant powders and for occasionally making some animals for more exotic dishes on the menu for less cost. But she doesn't tell the Nerima curse victims about it because she also has drowned girl and drowned man water in stock. She doesn't want to have them make the Anthro-mistake. Or in Ranma's case the Hermaphromistake.

After witnessing just how self deluded the Kuno siblings are still not accepting that Male and Female Ranma are a single being at the failed wedding. Even with the individual in hand changing before their eyes. Cologne decides to give them a different perspective.

Cologne ends up cursing Tatewaki with Drowned Girl water and Kodachi with Drowned Man water.

As many have said before its a complete change. Right down to the physical differences and hormones available in the brain.

I could use some suggestions on how the Kuno Siblings should take it. There are allot of perspectives after all and well in the case of Kodachi I don't know the cannon limits of her character well enough to be sure how it would work out. Tatewaki on the other hand I think would be in constant denial even after that time of the month hits or accidental hormonal reactions to guys.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Siblings Kuno, A new perspective.

Postby Pale Wolf » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:17 pm

I'm gonna have to reiterate something I've said a lot of times before.

The Kunos get the heavy stick of fanon hard. If you actually look at canon, of course they don't believe Ranma A and Ranma B are the same person. They were never told. The only words of explanation that ever went their way were Nabiki blatantly trying to stir up the pot with 'She belongs to him, body and soul'.

They don't know about the phlebotinum of the series, they know something zany is going on and come to their own conclusions, and no one ever does anything to try to convince them otherwise.

And for not assuming the right one out of a whole range of equally ridiculous possibilities, they get tarred as 'delusional'.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Another way to look at it could be to say that both the Kuno siblings. In spite of being eccentric martial artists have strong normalcy bias problems. They see something they know to be impossible and refuse to accept that what they know to be impossible could have had any chance of occurring by the nature of it being impossible.

Ignoring the senses is a classic delusion after all. One that got some people in NYC a decade ago killed. I've got to go back to my office to shut down my computer, turn off the lights, grab my wallet. etc.
Emergency situation get out of the building or risk dieing in flames because of the fire upstairs wasn't clear enough to break their normalcy bias.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:11 pm

The thing is that they don't. The Kunos see a girl replaced by a guy or a guy replaced by a girl, and know there's something wonky going on. The sum total of explanation they get is 'He owns her body and her soul', from which they're forced to come up with their own conclusions.

From what they know, the possibilities are: Transportation, or transmutation. Transportation generally being 'teleporting, swapping place through unnatural means'. Transmutation could be 'it's one person who changes genders', could mean 'it's a guy who's possessing her, different spirits with different formats in the same body' (in fact this is the most reasonable assumption with Nabiki's 'blatantly trying to stir up trouble' explanation), could mean the guy just changes her to look like him (or changes himself to look like her) to mess with Kuno's head.

They've got a lot of very ridiculous possibilities to work through here, and people rag on them for not - despite not having the information - picking the right one.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Kodachi was never given the Explanation that Tatewaki was. And you keep going back to early in the series. I double checked I did say after the failed wedding. Also Cologne was not at the event she would be making this decision after trying to rebuild the Truth from whatever facts she could get about it from Shampoo and Mousse. I could see her making the same perception decision on the Kuno's from that perspective as the rest of us that you say are being too harsh on the siblings.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Aside from what Pale Wolf has said, WTF gives Cologne the right, or even the incentive, to do something like that?

I could see her making the same perception decision on the Kuno's from that perspective as the rest of us that you say are being too harsh on the siblings.

Cologne is likely the smartest and most experienced person in the series.

For this plot to work, Cologne has to be as dumb as a brick and a major douchebag if she's doing this for the lulz.

This is pretty much a Kuno bashing fic based on fanon, especially if the Kunos end up suffering for it, which is fine if you like that sort of thing.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:35 am

What about if Cologne were to make a longer term temporary curse water? Say 6 months to a year durration? Making use of the curse water she keeps on hand and instant curse powder with other components? That way it wouldn't be permanently cursing anyone but it would last more than long enough for them to learn from it.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:26 pm

That way it wouldn't be permanently cursing anyone but it would last more than long enough for them to learn from it.

To learn a... lesson they don't need to learn...

Hell, I'd be the last person to say 'don't dick around with a character's gender', but as Mondu said, this setup for it is basically tormenting dolls that look vaguely like the Kunos for a bad fanon that they're not actually guilty of.

Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Return to Ideas