Yu-Gi-Oh! Ranma 1/2 and Sailor Moon Forging the Shadow Realm

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Yu-Gi-Oh! Ranma 1/2 and Sailor Moon Forging the Shadow Realm

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:16 pm

This idea is based on the premise that even though the Shadow Games took place 5,000 years ago that was really the first break out cycle after the true creation of the Shadow Realm.

The reason I want to include Ranma 1/2 is because as I was watching Enter the Shadow Realm episodes I noticed that on the tablet there was a pig glyph that reminded me of P-Chan and I thought it would be fun if when the Monsters were first being banished to the Shadow Realm it took fighters who would have been reincarnated at the time of the first Shadow games to help in the initial capture. There is also a glyph in the bottom right corner of a spear man on a horse with his back turned to the conflict between Pharaoh and the Wizard. It left me thinking that the guards might have turned their back on/abandoned the fighters involved in the shadow games. What if those guards were reincarnations of the original monster wranglers and progenitors of the Amazon nation before it became women only? 5,000 years ago after all and the Chinese Amazons only tout 3,000 years of history.

The reason for the Senshi is because I would like to use their time frame and the fact of Youma as basis for such variety in monsters being banished to the shadow realm. Possibly even having Youma being the first attempt at freeing spirits from the Shadows through use of human hosts. Women of course being naturally better aligned to holding a second life force etc.

Also I think that having Powerful Magic might help explain the crafting of not only the Shadow Realm but the Millennium items.

Would anyone want to read the history or pre history from even before the History involved in Yu-Gi-Oh? And would someone be able to do a present day setting adventure with this kind of history helping explain the crossover?

Casting proposal. Chinese Amazons are decendants of both the Moon Kingdom and the Amazon Guard of Ancient Egypt. Ranma, Ryouga, and most of the Wrecking Crew were either fighters or mages in both the first era where the Shadow Realm was created and in the time of the Shadow Games. Adults could be reincarnations as well but I'd rather Happosai and Cologne are not.

The Senshi had not reincarnated during the Shadow games. And Pluto couldn't because she would have to abuse the time gate to go back in time and stop it after she found out they started. She may or may not have tried to intervene but those who were reincarnated would start to remember past lives on seeing her.

Ranma had been both genders in the past. Male in the Silver Millennium, Female when captain of the Guards that were progenitors of the Amazons. It might be a nice touch if memories from the matching former incarnations were stronger depending on form.

So does this have a chance?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Ranma 1/2 and Sailor Moon Forging the Shadow Realm

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:26 am

A different approach to Maximara's, for sure.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:50 am

I'm thinking about this as a complete divergence from season 4 Waking the Dragons. After all having the Dual Monsters released from the Shadow Realm all around the world isn't exactly something anyone with past life experience involving those creatures could ignore.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:59 am

The Monsters on the cards really exist and their spirits are called no matter which method of dueling is chosen. That is also part of why there are clear behaviors for the creatures when the cards are in play.

So Be it a Hologram or physical manifestation a Ki attack, being spiritual energy, will still impact it.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:15 pm

So you chose to use a different word from another school of mysticism to talk yourself out of the possibility. I'm sorry but you are making me frustrated so no offense but I feel I have to ignore you to avoid falling back into a troll mind set. Its not like I wasn't already road blocked on trying to make this work by the Dragons story arc anyway. Sure the Senshi terraformed worlds but without a consistent energy source I couldn't even get myself to believe it with the world the Monsters supposedly live in.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Ideas