Harry Potter Resorted. Fic Writing Challenge

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Harry Potter Resorted. Fic Writing Challenge

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Seeing how the book series is concluded. I was wondering if anyone else is feeling that few of the characters were in the correct houses given the original descriptions of the kinds of people who end up in the different houses.

I propose this to anyone who has read all the books and has a good feel for the involved characters.

You be the Sorting Hat. Knowing the futures in cannon of all the characters sort them based on the original criteria of the houses. And then reboot the series following events unfolding with people properly sorted as you feel they should have been.

I know this isn't quite enough to be an idea but it didn't really feel like it fit in fic research either.

One thing I would really like in this challenge is for someone to pick it up, use their own judgment on where the characters should have been sorted. And then see if the World can survive the differences. Have you followed the school schedules well enough to even be sure who is in which classes? Do they change too much for you to plot out the session schedules?

This is a big What if using the Characters as presented and the whole question is What if these characters as they are presented were sorted right?

I'd also like at the end of each school year, for any author taking this up, to point out how different the characters and world are because of the way things are playing out in their stories Vs the Rowling books. Is it better or worse? Maybe even have Resorted meet originals at the ends of the years for an Omake experience comparison.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Ideas