Tenchi Muyo/Ranma 1/2/Sailor Moon Interrelated

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Tenchi Muyo/Ranma 1/2/Sailor Moon Interrelated

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Oh yeah with that one jerk who was a pawn of the Jurrian exile. And she had lucked on a security code slapping a security holo projection silly. Including those space aspects as well wouldn't hurt to help round out the picture of the interstellar society. But I'd rather ignore all the planet side parts of that series.

I just like the relationships best in Ryo-Ohki. The outer space parts are ok but the power levels claimed are ridiculous. Well with one exception and that being about Tenchi's Mother. Kiyone Masaki is the only other element of Ryo-Ohki continuity I really could do without.

Tenchi TV aka Universe I like how things are in space and allot of the things done in the series. Nothing is as over the top power wise as it is in Ryo-Ohki but it loses all its mystical aspects and completely leaves out the Chousin.Or however that gets spelled. This is what I think should be the primary key for everywhere outside of the Earth Solar System. Adding in the space aspects from the other mentioned series to whichever extent doesn't cause a conflict.

GxP reducing the Galaxy Police to a courier service... Galaxy Express would have been a better title for them than Police. If only they were described as separate organizations. But no and it does have some great elements to make use of when it comes to the criminal elements of the series known space.

So adding all that together making sure the only Kiyone is Mihoshi's partner you have what I think is a good base to work from on the Tenchi side that could in theory still work with the earth based series I mentioned in the title.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Take over the kappa kappa kappa? Is it a sorority or something?

(Yes, i know. I'm just being a smartass.)
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:31 pm

So instead of accepting my limited list of examples where I said I wanted Ryo-Ohki to be the main guide for events in system and the other series to define power levels and contribute to the outer space universe at large?

Are you saying Washu being able to alter individuals species with a holographic computer at will is somehow more powerful than having 1/3 of the power needed to not only create but RESET THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE? Are you following your own arguments?

For the Beryl encounter you described you would have to have Washu out and involved. I don't really see the Dark Kingdom steeling the house like the Jurrians did. And don't forget it isn't until after Sailor Moon is revealed as the Princess that it becomes known to those fighting the Dark Kingdom that they are fighting Beryl much less an idea of where they might be based.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:40 am

Alternate dimensions already exist. I consider her machine to be similar to that device in Animorphs Andalite Chronicles. And if desires aren't compatible enough they would create a limited parallel world based off of the closest it can achieve instead of actually altering reality. And she put in the ability to reverse the effects. There is no proof in show that its effects go beyond the world it is on. So around half a dozen realities paralleling one world Vs all of one Universe.

I'm sorry but when I compare it to even just the Ginzuishou its still within reason to match it with Sailor Moon. The biggest difference is Washu knows how to power it without risking a sacrifice of the user.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Ideas