Tenchi Muyo/Ranma 1/2/Sailor Moon Interrelated

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Tenchi Muyo/Ranma 1/2/Sailor Moon Interrelated

Postby Spokavriel » Wed May 25, 2011 5:34 am

Ok this one is making a few big stretches in the time line perspective.

For this to work the first creative license in the time line happens before Tsunami discovers the Jurrians Before Tsunami even decides to bestow her power through trees. Consider the fact that her sister locks away both her power and memories in Ryouko's red gems. So what if back in an earlier part of time Tsunami was the original creator of the Ginzuishou? And the attempt to gain control of her power in spite of her wishes for peace lead to the Sailor Wars.

The way Serenity and the Ginzuishou get to Earth's solar system happens from Tsunami "Rescuing" those of good heart that would not dishonor her gift. But Tsunami has to leave the newly relocated Senshi to their own devices to avoid defeating the purpose of her Rescue. She's too easy to detect being there herself.

The next group of changes or artistic license are in the Parents relationships growing up. Starting with Nodoka Chiba. Oldest child in her family one of the 4 members of her clan. When her Parents have a Son and feel that he will carry on the family name they sign an Omai contract between Nodoka and Genma Saotome, at that time Nodoka is moved to the Saotome Register. The Saotome clan being easy to find references of in history. This happens when Nodoka is 12 years old. In the next year the car crash happens and because of the body count officials believe that the Chiba clan is dead, no surviving members on the register. Her younger brother was 4 at the time.

Nodoka ends up getting "adopted" (more like becoming a ward) by a friend of the family Katsuhito Masaki (Yosho) who cares for her for the next 4 years before Genma's parents show up demanding he release her to their clan. The marriage happens soon afterward and she is pregnant with Ranma before her 17th birthday.

Soun Tsukino was the second son in his large family. Because of that there never was a need for him to carry on the family name. He ended up marrying into the Tendo family both because it was a great Samurai family and to preserve the heritage of their land in the Nerima district the Tendo Dojo.

Sorry that I can't remember the rest of what I was going to add. Its now 3:15 AM here I know I wanted the outers to be related to the Tenchi cast. And Setsuna to be Cologne's Grandmother. But I can't remember how I wanted to present it.

Nodoka's ideas of Manliness would come from observing her "big sister's" boyfriend. Tenchi's father. I also would like her to be skilled in sword fighting. Just really good at hiding it, or clumsy because of not liking live steel blades. I know others have done that before but I like it.

I also wanted Ukyo's mother to be Kiyone's (the GP officer) sister or Kiyone herself. Her father couldn't tell her why her mother was gone etc etc. So like Ranma was lead to believe Ukyo would think her mother is dead.

For the time line this would use a modified Ryo-Ohki timeline. The reason Mihoshi doesn't have a partner in cannon events is because Kiyone was lost and presumed dead in a Mihoshi caused accident. The lack of Partner is why she and Yukinojou were assigned to a low priority system, Earth's system. I also prefer using Achika for Tenchi's mother.

For Sailor Moon I have allot of reading to do before I am decided on what kind of time line. I think it's likely to diverge from any cannon after the defeat of Beryl no matter how its cobbled together.

For the Ranma 1/2 Time line I'd like to stick with cannon events at least until the Locking Ladle incident. Also likely to be a hybrid of Anime and Manga.

During a point in time where Ranma's curse is locked I'd like her to meet Tenchi for the first time.

Altered Enemies. This isn't just a lets meet and seek out the coincidences thing.

What would happen if Tokimi decided to run her next experiment after Z using Sailor Chaos? Adding her wings to the mix as it were? Grunt level would include Space Pirates converted to Phages. Upping the ante from cannon each Space Pirate crew taken this way also comes with a ship, ships weapons alone being capable of trumping most of what the Sailor Senshi can defend against.

Every galactic race seen in GxP should be represented. The midbosses are Phages of the ships captains. Empowered to Dark General levels for the most part. All still fighting as midbosses or grunts below the converted/enslaved Senshi.

What do you think too confusing or at least enough history to grow on?

Edit: Just remembered after posting. I want Tenchi's father to be a Grandson of Happosai. And Grampa Hino to be a Son of Happosai but of different families that Happosai has had over time.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Tenchi Muyo/Ranma 1/2/Sailor Moon Interrelated

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed May 25, 2011 8:46 am

There's an interesting story at the core of this -- but it's grown a lot of barnacles and moss. By the time you get to space-pirate phages, with dangerous spaceships, you've reached a level that only the Tenchi crew can really handle. (Oh, maybe Saturn could -- but that's only once.) And trying to include all the races of the Tenchi universe would add more detail than useful.

If you're going to have Tokimi entering the fray, having her work at cross-purposes to Galaxia might be more viable. Battles between gods and demigods make for spectacle. (By the time Galaxia reaches Earth, she's at least a demigod.) That would leave the humans handling the side effects, with a little help from Tsunami and Washuu.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Wed May 25, 2011 8:52 am

The challenge is getting through the middle. Where, between the introduction of changes, after Beryl falls, the characters from other series will start getting involved. It can hopefully be done in a way that increases everyone involved's skills and experiences so that no one is left hopeless when the uber battle comes along at the end.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed May 25, 2011 9:21 pm

How would the big bads fighting amongst themselves provide anything that would require the crossover groups working together?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed May 25, 2011 9:36 pm

Spokavriel wrote: How would the big bads fighting amongst themselves provide anything that would require the crossover groups working together?

When titans clash, there is debris headed in every direction. I suspect shielding Earth from the debris, and trying to herd the titans into some kind of cosmic vacant lot, would be enough to keep all concerned busy. Sometimes they might have to combine their forces to handle a particularly nasty bit of flying crud.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Wed May 25, 2011 9:43 pm

So a department of sanitation trying to handle what is flying off of the recently struck fan?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Fitzgerald » Thu May 26, 2011 2:19 am

Couple of suggestions here. Not to mention poking little holes at things.

Using SM Manga, and Ranma Manga as base canons.

Senshi

* Your suggestion: Tsunami empowered, ala Washu and Ryoko's gems. Then moving

* My suggestion: Chousin made the Senshi:

All 3 Chousin (Tsunami, Washu, Tokimi) The Chousin created the Senshi system to make interacting with lower dimensions easier at some point in time. Aka have one individual be the rep for the Milky Way, Andromeda Galaxy etc.

Senshi are perhaps 5th or 6th dimensional beings compared to the Chousin who are 10-11.

Keep SM Manga canon, that is Usagi's crystal is from the Milky Way's point origin, aka Sailor Cosmos.

Saotome's/Chiba's interrelation

Nodoka as Mamaru's Sister is actually a fairly new idea, congrats. But it kind of throws kinks into the timeline. As in Ranma is only 5-6 when SM Manga happens (Assuming Mamaru is 6 @ accident, 11 @ Ranma's birth, 16-17 when SM starts).

Perhaps Nodoka could be Mamaru's Aunt instead?

Nodoka as Yosho's Ward

If you change Nodoka to Mamaru's aunt, have her train under Yosho as a Miko in her youth. It's a simple resolution to the why Nodoka is Yosho's ward.

Sailor Chaos

Have Chaos simply be another version of the Counter Force.

It's goal is to get everything down to Dimension Zero, aka Nothing in direct contrast to the Chousin who represent the higher dimensions.

Just some thoughts,

Ciao
Fitzgerald
Initiate

Postby Spokavriel » Thu May 26, 2011 2:32 am

Good thoughts. But instead of deliberately making the Senshi how about the Chousin make the Galaxy cauldron. With the intention that beings like Senshi would come from the crystals it forms? Just another degree of separation.

Mamoru was 4 in the accident from what I described. Still that does put Ranma about 8 years too late to the game... But I don't want Nodoka to be in a different generation of her family and having her older would make it harder to have her with Yosho after the accident and I really need that for almost everything I like that I thought of from them being in that kind of relation situation. Consoling etc.

Making another accident where the prior generation of the clan dies off makes it even more awkward for me because then I have too many mass deaths setting things up. Just what is cannon for Sailor Moon is already pushing it when looking at Makoto and Mamoru's situations.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Fitzgerald » Fri May 27, 2011 4:29 am

The Chousin making the Galaxy Cauldron is much stronger idea, glad I helped refine it to that.

As for the Nodoka age gap and your generational issue, perhaps this:

"Ryu" Chiba (For lack of a better first Name) is Nodoka's and Mamoru's father. The two however have different mothers, and were born a good number of years apart. Call the first wife "Aoi" (again for lack of a name), and the second "Aka" (again for no known name)

Aka "Ryu" Chiba is a widower who married a much younger woman in the last half of his life.

Please note I'm very much drawing a deliberate parallel to Tenchi Ryo-Ohki canon from Tenchi's family.

Also for the Tenchi connection to make sense, perhaps "Aoi" is a member of the more terrestrial Masaki family ala Funaho, Rei and Nobuyuki.

This give's you room to set Nodoka's age to best suit the story.

As an additional thought, perhaps Nodoka went to Yosho early than the accident do to friction between her and her possible stepmother?

Just some thoughts,

Ciao
Fitzgerald
Initiate

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri May 27, 2011 7:05 am

Spokavriel wrote: So a department of sanitation trying to handle what is flying off of the recently struck fan?

It's not glamorous, but somebody has to do it!
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 27, 2011 7:43 am

Its also near infinitely harder to work out. Because what is happening for the main characters to deal with is really the potential for collateral damage from a greater fight. Without knowing that fight that I wouldn't even be telling where do you even begin to find the aspects that would impact Earth and other parts of space? You end up having to not only enhance yet another set of enemies but this time ones that are either all original or have no experience with the elements you do know and I have no clue where to even begin on something like that.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Sun May 29, 2011 12:02 am

[quote="Ellen Kuhfeld"][quote="Spokavriel"] So a department of sanitation trying to handle what is flying off of the recently struck fan?

It's not glamorous, but somebody has to do it!

THAT idea alone could be the bases for a very amsuing but funny fic right there......the tital
The department of interstaller sanitation, dealing with the crap that ends up being tossed in earths solor system.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun May 29, 2011 11:06 am

Nodoka's history cleanup.

Nodoka will be a half sister to Mamoru the Omai with the Saotome clan will happen before Mamoru is even born. But I do not like that because it effectively has Nodoka's father throwing away his first family's chances for continuing a nearly dead clan. But Ranma 1/2 can't happen soon enough without that as shown earlier.

Nodoka's Father could have disappeared in China during WWII or other theaters of engagement. Making it so she and her Mother had no contact with him when her mother passes away. But I don't really like having the Omai set up with the Saotome clan that early.

You know I actually liked the idea at first. And with allot of similarities in appearance between Ranma and Mamoru. After all how many blue eyed Japanese are there? Its just that this whole thing makes it seem like Nodoka's father is cursed to never have a situation where his clan survives. And Mamoru dodging the curse through amnesia is the best case scenario.

Anyone have some daylight to offer?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun May 29, 2011 6:35 pm

I guess the biggest problem right now to make any of this work is getting the Chronology worked out. And then maybe a bit of Japan History from the 1950's t' 1980's could help as well. After all that's the time frame where allot of the Pre-cannon is changing
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:50 pm

So yeah my idea has been killed by timing conflicts and a suggestion to do something I can barely comprehend. If anyone wants to use any part of this go ahead and please let me know so I can read it. But I'm fucked.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Next

Return to Ideas