Missted opportunities.

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Missted opportunities.

Postby Spokavriel » Wed May 11, 2011 11:15 pm

This is an idea for a story taking place after the end of the Ranma Manga. Its not too hard to notice that part way into the stories Dr. Tofu's never really involved at all any more. What if the reason he left is because he fell in love with a woman not involved in the Ranma stories?

The story starts with Kasumi and Nabiki on a shopping trip for things Kasumi couldn't normally find in the local shopping district. Getting additional things for the house etc. And on this trip Kasumi finds out about Ono Tofu's new life and wife. Needless to say she could have taken just about anything better.

Ono no longer acts silly around her and she realizes she doesn't even know the man that apparently everyone else in Nerima got to know. To top it all off he has kids on the way. And insult to injury he invites her to be their God Mother.

There are allot of ways this could be played. But I'm open to suggestions. And should Kasumi's personality or behavior change in reaction to this? Would she go into a rebound situation? How would the rest of the family take the news?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Missted opportunities.

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu May 12, 2011 7:05 am

I'd say she'd graceously accept, then maybe reminisce once in a while on things that could have been, but it wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Beyond that, I don't see her acting any differently. I'm not even sure that she doesn't know what Tofu feels/thinks of her. If this were real life I'd say she does, but hasn't acted on it because he hasn't and just plays along with his eccentric behavior. I've seen that happen IRL.

As a fic, I can see this as a bitter-sweet one shot.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Ideas