Tsunami-sama ga Miteru & Lord of the Sailor Crystals

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Tsunami-sama ga Miteru & Lord of the Sailor Crystals

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:41 pm

These are two random ideas that occurred to me yesterday, one after the other. I don't expect to ever write them myself, so...

Tsunami-sama ga Miteru:

At the very least, this will be a fusion between Maria-sama ga Miteru and Tenchi Muyo, wherein Sasami takes the place of Yumi, the protagonist in the first series. The rest of the Tenchi cast assume various main and supporting roles, the catholic school becomes something that's based on Jurai's close connection with trees, and Tsunami really is watching over them and makes appearances.

I haven't really thought of much beyond that, because there are a lot of directions that various things could be taken. For instance, keeping Sachiko or having her replaced with someone from Tenchi Muyo alone would make a big difference. However, if Sachiko were to be replaced by Ayeka, that would make her Sasami's "big sister," and then it'd make more sense for Suguru (Sachiko's fiance, and cousin) to be replaced by Tenchi (who was also related).

Considering that there aren't enough Tenchi Muyo characters (of significance) to replace all of the relevant characters in Maria-sama ga Miteru, you could probably crossover or fuse at least one other series. I'd likely go with Ranma 1/2 (of course), wherein Nabiki would replace Tsukako, Ranma takes over Yumi's spot while Sasami replaces Yoshina... Gah. Too many options. X_X While having Sasami as the main character (instead of Ranma) makes more sense (because of Tsunami's active roll, unlike Maria's), it might be more interesting if Ranma had someone like Tsunami to help guide him in such a place, since he's completely out of his element (in part because I'm assuming that the Ranma 1/2 series starts, rather than continues, with him having to attend the school that his fiancee goes to, since his curse allows him to).

I don't have any solid idea of what to do with it, or where exactly to go, because there's simply too many things that could be done, and I'm a rather indecisive person. That's why I thought it wouldn't hurt to drop some of my musings here.

Lord of the Sailor Crystals:

This idea follows the stereotype that Usagi's good intentions ultimately lead to a sterilized/brainwashed future, wherein said good intentions become likened to a religious doctrine that inspires her to assume control over how people should think and act. The senshi (plus Endymion/Tuxedo Mask) are also consumed by her wants and desires, since she holds the sailor crystal that rules them all (the ginzuishou), and become the nine sailor-wraiths.

As in canon Sailor Moon, Chibi-Usa takes away the ginzuishou at a critical moment, except she's on a mission to get it to the Galaxy Cauldron, which is the only place where sailor crystals can be created and destroyed. Who she might be joined by would depend on what series one would like to crossover with, which might be several to round out a diverse group.

Chibi-Usa's journey takes her to the center of the galaxy, so there could be crossovers for every world she goes to on her way there, losing and gaining allies along the way. Who takes up the role of Samwise to Chibi-Usa's Frodo, I can only imagine, since Hotaru isn't an option (being one of the sailor-wraiths, and all). (I'd go with Ranma, but that's just me. ;p Though he might be better suited to the role of Aragorn?) As for Gollum... That's a toughie. One would have to assume that they had possessed, or were exposed to, the ginzuishou at some point and for a significant duration of time, at the very least. Azusa Shiratori comes to mind. XD Perhaps she nabbed it some time before Usagi assumed rulership, and perhaps why she didn't become ruler sooner, because it took several years to get it back.

Like the other idea, there's lots that can be done beyond the basic premise, so I have no idea what to do with it. The more straightforward ideas end up in my ideas folder, because they at least have a chance of being written by me.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Tsunami-sama ga Miteru & Lord of the Sailor Crystals

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Hm, hm - instead of a school run by nuns, you get one run by Druids? I wouldn't mind this. But Maria-sama might make a better crossover with Utena? School rivalry in rhythmic Kendo? Nanami as Touko ... the possibilities are endless. The Yamayurikai has its meetings on the dueling platform?
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Re: Tsunami-sama ga Miteru & Lord of the Sailor Crystals

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:39 pm

I haven't read/watched Utena, so I couldn't tell you. ;p But the main idea was replacing Maria with Tsunami, rather than adding a series that was somewhat similar to Maria-sama ga Miteru to begin with. My musings kind of took off from there.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Return to Ideas