Ranma in the Silver Millennium... With Rider powers?

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma in the Silver Millennium... With Rider powers?

Postby PepperJAQ » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:47 pm

(sorry, haven't been around in a while. put this in the wrong part of the forum XD)
So, once more I surface. Trying to get back into the swing of writing... and yes, Silent is still on the list.

But I have a plot bunny that needs help before I can go on:

First: Any Kamen Rider fans here? Because that would really really help.

Basic idea: Ranma gets the decadriver and travels back to silver millennium to have a sort of ‘dnd’-esque adventure with senshi and riders up till the fall.

Each planet has two guardians: a Senshi and a “Rider”. Ranma will gain more powers as he visits and befriends each of these warriors.

When he gets back, it’s during the event where usagi finds out she is the princess.

The ultimate villian to the story will be Ranma himself. At some point in time, there was a choice that ranma made that could have gone one of two very different ways, and this is other ranma represents the other choice.

The final chapter will be a ‘Chibi Usa comes back in time’ thing. Not the start to a new story, but more of a nod to the rider side of things and how this story will be screwing the timeline pooch something feirce.

planned pairings: Usagi/Ranma, Mamoru/Setsuna. (mamoru gets the rough end of the stick a lot, so i figure happy ending for him this time)

Questions that must be answered:

How does Ranma find the driver and get to the past?
(possible idea: helping archaeologist or some such)

What sort of adventures should he have on each of the planets?

How should I handle the outers without having to go through the 2nd and 3rd seasons?
(espeically as I don’t plan on bringing Usa in till the end... )

(reworking list with 'rider primer' info)

Any help or suggestions would be a great help.
Last edited by PepperJAQ on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
*sends much good vibes to friends*
PepperJAQ
Senshi Cadet

Re: Ranma in the Silver Millennium... With Rider powers?

Postby Musouka » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:55 am

I'm not an expert on the riders but here's what I think:

Agito: Jupiter
Kuuga: Jupiter (Agito and Kuuga villains are related to each other and both are animal themed)
Hibiki: Neptune(Michiru is the musician) or Venus(Performance arts)
Blade: Mars(Sealing undead is miko duty)
Kiva: Saturn
Ryuki: Uranus(Competitive tournaments)
Faiz: Mercury
Kabuto: Venus
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:53 pm

How should I handle the outers without having to go through the 2nd and 3rd seasons?

If you want to bring them in in the future, simply have Ranma meet them in the past. Since there would now be one person who didn't have swiss cheese memories of the Silver Millenium*, there would be someone who knows about them and who could seek them out.

*Pluto doesn't count, as she apparently was only permitted to awaken the other outers when there was a threat from outside the solar system that required the use of their three artifacts, which in the manga were used to control access to Saturn's powers and in the anime gave access to the grail which could give Moon enough power to fight off Pharoah 90, if she had only been trained well enough to handle all of that power.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby PepperJAQ » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Musouka wrote:I'm not an expert on the riders but here's what I think:

Agito: Jupiter
Kuuga: Jupiter (Agito and Kuuga villains are related to each other and both are animal themed)
Hibiki: Neptune(Michiru is the musician) or Venus(Performance arts)
Blade: Mars(Sealing undead is miko duty)
Kiva: Saturn
Ryuki: Uranus(Competitive tournaments)
Faiz: Mercury
Kabuto: Venus

The Blade/Mars works really nice.

Though, I'm wondering on the thought process on Kiva/Saturn, Kabuto/Venus and Faiz/Mercury

thanks for the help so far, guys XD
PepperJAQ
Senshi Cadet

Postby Light02 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:09 am

ok...here's my two cents

I'll limit it to Heisei Riders sense that's what your aiming for but I think the senshi are a mix of Heisei and Showa riders.

Kuuga: Moon
Agito: Mars
Ryuki: Venus
Faiz: Neptune
Blade: Uranas
Kabuto: Tuxedo Kamen
Den-O: Pluto :p
Kiva: Chibi-Moon :p
Decade: Saturn
Double: Mercury
OOOs: Jupiter
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PepperJAQ » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:58 am

Light02 wrote: Kuuga: Moon
Agito: Mars
Ryuki: Venus
Faiz: Neptune
Blade: Uranas
Kabuto: Tuxedo Kamen
Den-O: Pluto :p
Kiva: Chibi-Moon :p
Decade: Saturn
Double: Mercury
OOOs: Jupiter

While that is a pretty good idea (kinda like the idea of w/mercury, the idea here is that it's not a pairing with the senshi, but that the senshi and the riders each share a world. Though I do have to ask: why Kiva/Usa?)

{edit} On that note, I do have to mention that I do have plans for W... hehehe

Ranma, as Decade, will represent the Earth
(I think what I'll do with Mamoru is have Ranma give him the 'DiendDriver'. Power boost and no roses... yeah, I know the manga version doesn't through them but still...)

That leaves the nine previous Heisei Riders (before Decade). The thing I've been struggling with is 'themes' between the Riders and the Senshi. There just isn't enough over-lap of the themes to be able to make a nice and neat list. Hence why I asked.

Anyway, I think (unless someone has a better thought out idea) I'm just going to go via order of appearance:

Moon: Kuuga (it is said that he kick is one of the most powerful of all riders...)
Mercury: Agito (shrugs. ^_^; )
Mars: Ryuki (?)
Jupiter: Faiz (not sure why, but I feel like it would fit.)
Venus: Blade (again, there is something about this that I feel would fit, but can't put my figure on it.)
(technically, chibi-usa and pluto show up next, but not in battle, so i'd go next with...)
Neptune: Hibiki (while I'm not sure if the Japanese aesthetic would jive with Neptune, the music angle is not that much of a strech)
Uranus: Kabuto (arrogant, top of his game, true, i'm using 'au' riders. still, tendo souji would probably feel at home on uranus XD )
Pluto: Den-O (Time trains are the natural link, and I could just see Pluto's frustration with some of the spirits that Den-O picks up XD )
Saturn: Kiva (Concidering Kiva himself is Lord of the "fangire" but a friend to humanity {espeically the dcd version}, this I think is the most perfect fit of them all. I'd only change it if someone convinced me that Kiva would be better suited to serve on the moon XD )

As far as a lack of motorcycles to make the Riders 'riders', I'd figure replacing them with horses generally. But any other mounts or vehicle suggestions are welcome.

With the Time Trains, they are going to be very controled on what they do. While the Owner takes on all sorts of customers from different times and whatnot, the deal he'll have with the Queen is as a connecting line between the worlds, especially between the courts and nobles. While they can travel fast and far with awesome magic ships, the trains will provide secure, 'when you need it there now' sevice. Naturally not cheap.

For those not in the know: realized that I kinda pulled a not cool move before with the 'look up the wiki' angle. so i'm going to work on a sort of 'rider primer' to put in the first post. XD
PepperJAQ
Senshi Cadet

Return to Ideas