Mothering a Firebird.

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Mothering a Firebird.

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Will can not exist without thought. She had no choice. No option. No decision. This is Will Neutral. But Loss of choice intensive.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:02 am

How do you know? She wasn't given a choice. She never expressed a choice. Her becoming a mother to anyone aside from possibly Kuno or Ranma's children was never even implied. To have a will situation there has to be a time where the option was considered. Where can you ever find a moment that Akane was there and had a chance to think Do I want to be the mother of this Murderous demigod? No it wasn't a possibility as far as she could have known. So she hadn't considered it to have an opinion on it. As far as being a Mother at all is concerned she seems to want that in the future. But there is no way for her to consider an opinion to this effect in advance. So no will in the equation.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Do you even know what Will is?
–noun
the faculty of conscious and especially of deliberate action; the power of control the mind has over its own actions: the freedom of the will.
power of choosing one's own actions: to have a strong or a weak will.
the act or process of using or asserting one's choice; volition: My hands are obedient to my will.
If anything this whole situation is a side effect to an action of Akane's will. The will to survive. After those eyes closed only a miracle could allow that wish to be fulfilled and the way this is set up Saffron gets to help it happen but with the side effect of an unexpected and unprecedented pregnancy.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:14 pm

What you are calling incidental is the entire point to the plot device. There was no physical contact before the fetus formed.

I guess you would say Mary was Raped by God. Oh sure she was told it would happen by angels but did you see any option to refuse?

Your Dream Sequence idea GUTS the entire concept of not knowing and character growth from reactions to finding out. It forces another layer of deny-ability.

I've seen worse writing. But that changes the whole dynamic to a case of Get pregnant or Die. Do you have any idea how many rapists use death as their threat? Be it with Guns or knives? Sure this is a different situation but in making this a choice you are almost making it more of a rape fic even without the forced sex act.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Actually the accelerated pregnancy is intended to lead credence to the suspicions. After all to be as far along as she ends up being shown as in the medical test results she would have had to have gotten pregnant before she was kidnapped.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Actually the accelerated pregnancy is intended to lead credence to the suspicions. After all to be as far along as she ends up being shown as in the medical test results she would have had to have gotten pregnant before she was kidnapped.
kjyl wrote:Yeah but when it takes three months instead of nine, even kuno would realize something is up.
Who said it would be 3 times faster? The Trip back to even the coast of China, by foot takes at least 2 weeks, based on Ranma and Genma going all out with a death threat on their heels.

We are talking about something happening in 4 weeks that would normally be noticeable in 6. Meaning 1/3 less time not 1/3 the total time as the maximum time compression. After the month and a half the Hospital will see Akane as 2 months along at most. But 2 months ago was before she was abducted.

It clearly showed them taking a boat back. The kind of boat that makes the trip and usually hangs fishing nets as it goes. Also the kind that would usually grant passage for help with the nets. But its Slow Going.

I have the actual ratio I was going to use written down in some notes in a folder in another room but this is in general the explanation. I think I actually had it more like 3/4 the time because of point of resurrection being the exact point of conception instead of the usual hit and miss window of nearly a week of event but I'd have to find those notes.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:09 am

Well beyond the drama and hassles of the pregnancy and getting Akane to acceptance being the mother of Saffron. I was thinking of possibly making a Senshi crossover where Pluto on a mistaken concept comes to find out that the Great Freeze can not start without Saffron dieing. You know not even taking the time to think that avoiding the Great Freeze completely might just be a Good Thing.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas