Mothering a Firebird.

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Mothering a Firebird.

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Okay, I just have to get it off my chest that having Ranma be the one who gets pregnant with Saffron makes no damn sense, given he was never female while in Saffron's presence, not to mention that the base idea is seriously overused and it boils down to pissing on Ranma just for the sake of keeping Akane out of serious trouble, which is cliche and overdone even in the original series.

Anyway, who said the Joketsuzoku, Musk, etc would want to conquer the Phoenix People for their territory in the first place? Nobody suggested that, as far as I'm aware - the only reason I suggested that the Musk & Joketsuzoku might declare war on the Phoenix is because the Byankala people are all aggressive assholes and the Phoenix People are now weak and disorientated with the loss of their leader. It's basic human nature. Even then, I stated that it was far more likely that champions of the Joketsuzoku, Musk and any other obscure martial arts villages in the region would focus on coming to Nerima to either challenge Ranma in order to prove their own badass credentials or to try and seduce him (not neccessarily literally) into becoming an ally.

Community at large, to be honest, is going to look down on Akane. Japan is a society in which public face is worth more than your life, and Akane is unmarried and a pregnant teenager, an extreme scandal. If she can't get Saffron aborted, then sending her out of town so nobody realises that she's pregnant or sees her having the baby in order to try and diminish the scandal would be the most real-world thing to have happen. Quietly ignoring her and regarding her as persona non grata is still the least Akane should expect if she remains around her community and doesn't get somebody to marry her and convey some semblance of respectability on her. So long as she's married, it's alright if she's pregnant, though people are still going to think less of her for getting pregnant before the ceremony.

True friends will subtly support Akane as much as they can, despite public disapproval. Even then, they'll need to take it down low in order to avoid being ostracized themselves, though extremely good friends would probably try and shame others for this attitude. After all, this isn't Akane's fault and they would join her in placing the blame on whoever impregnated her.

Falser friends or friends with weak wills would join the general crowd in ostracizing Akane.

Rivals, if they believe Akane is pregnant with Ranma's baby, will be homicidal, though you could establish sympathy for them by having them give up in despair, declaring that there's no point denying it any more. Honestly, I could see Kodachi doing the latter most easily, given she makes it clear she just chases Ranma because she thinks it's fun and he's sexy. She could walk away any time she felt like it. If/when they discover the baby isn't Ranma's, though, they're likely to mock and jeer her for her hypocrisy or be irritated that she kept stringing him along like that if she was seeing someone else on the side. They would certainly try and get closer to Ranma after that, seeing the divide forming between him and Akane.

If Akane would find out about P-chan being Ryoga before trying to abort... honestly, that's up to you. Normally, Ranma does try and make some effort towards hiding it, but this time, Ranma would quite likely assume that Akane already knows the truth and would probably make no bones about accusing him of knowing her pet was really a transformed human all along. And if she does learn Ryoga is P-chan, then all likelihood is she would accuse him of being the father. She knows she hasn't consciously had sex with anyone, but she is willing to believe Ranma is capable of rape, and learning Ryoga has been sneaking into her bed by pretending to be a pig would make him look just as suspicious as Ranma has looked in the past.

As for Nodoka... well, there are really four sides I can see her "joining".

Ranma's Side: She believes Ranma when he swears he isn't the father and turns against Akane for being a dishonorable adultress. She would probably support either transferring the engagement to Nabiki/Kasumi or breaking the Tendo arrangement all together, given that they have "proven to be totally void of honor".

Soun & Genma's Side: She believes Ranma is the father of Akane's baby and so demands he restore her honor and his by wedding her.

Akane's Side: She believes Ranma is not the father of Akane's baby but that it is not Akane's fault, and so turns on Ranma, demanding he either be cast from the family or commit seppuku for being so unmanly that he either forced his future wife to turn to the arms of another or allowed her to be raped.

Her Side: She believes Ranma is not the father of Akane's baby, but it is her fault she got pregnant, disowning or executing her son and breaking off all contact with such a dishonorable, uncontrolled family as the Tendos.

In all honesty, this story is, at best, going to be very bittersweet. Emphasis on the bitter. Writing this is going to catch a lot of flak.
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 06, 2011 10:59 pm

Another big reason for Akane is that the Waters from the fountain are part of the medium for his ascension. Meaning more of the energies he needs are in Akane at that moment of re-hydration because she just took in all that water.

Good questions. As to Saffron's appearance. She might not even suspect it is Saffron. Or think that Saffron somehow impregnated her with his kid. Saffron looked like a normal kid before the right of ascension.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:21 pm

How long do you think it took them to get back from China to Nerima traveling mostly by foot and sail? Don't forget the mountain range where Jusenkyo happens to be is in one of the inland borders of China.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:54 pm

With Shampoo chasing them. Vs the pace that Akane can travel at a relaxed pace. I was thinking of an accelerated pregnancy but the whole reason for the Abortion angle is because Akane has no idea how she got pregnant and its more of a fear reaction to finding out she is. Most of the anger aspects I wasn't really planning on having be more than repeated sense of betrayal. After all who could Akane have been with in Ranma's opinion? And in the whole mess between being abducted by bird people who could have gotten her pregnant. Playing on suspicions and the insecurities inherent in the R/A relationship. But its been a while since I read through the thread. So I might be remembering things differently.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:28 am

kjyl wrote:Look at it like this Akane has been for all intents raped, she does not wish to inflict the punishment the father deserves on the child, and would be willing to take great dishonor to do so.

Punch or no punch, I do not read rape stories.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:27 am

kjyl wrote:You missed the point, this is not a rape story, or would I want it to become one.I am just suggesting that there are parellels. Though while the physical act of rape has not taken place Akane has been violated.

Rape or no rape, I do not read violation stories.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:15 pm

kjyl wrote:Fair enough I am not fond of Ranma-chan fics, still I don't really know how you could do a magical impregnation story with out that parellel. Are you just saying you would not read this story or did you have another idea?

If the violation and/or rape happen on-stage, I won't read it. If it's off-stage, it depends on the writing.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:36 pm

It has nothing to do with free will. Its the loss of choice as to being a mother or not. But at least in this instance she lost the choice in gaining a life that was longer than the next few minutes.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas