The Chousin, Ranma, Jusenkyo and STUFF

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: The Chousin, Ranma, Jusenkyo and STUFF

Postby AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Exactly what Sprock said.

It just doesn't work out too well. And rather than really examining, you're just shooting justifications at us and getting defensive.

We're not out to fillet you, just say what we think because you all but asked.

And here's what we think, paraphrased.

"Needs Work."

Now you have a choice.

A: Approach the issues addressed so that your idea may seem more believable.
B: Ignore the issues, and stick with your idea. Which may work out in actual writing, or may result in people facepalming.

Mind you, if you select B, you've effectively wasted our time.

*Shrug*

But like I said. We're not here to fillet you. But a self-righteous-looking set of responses won't exactly change our oppinions. This is not my problem. It is your problem. You are the one posting the extended explanations, you are the one trying to convince. I am not convinced.

Idea has merit though. Work on it.
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SamuraiPenguinStudio
AdmiralTigerclaw
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:44 pm

There is a reason I said believable. There is nothing to motivate Ranma in a way that makes it believable. You aren't writing it you made that clear so I am pointing it out so if someone were to try this they can see they aren't the only ones seeing that might need work if they do see it too.

I haven't seen anything to show the Goddesses avoid getting trapped or bound to the springs. Tsunami has gotten caught by her trees as I said in one of my earlier responses to this. It is something that cannot be ignored without trying to ignore some fundamental aspects of the characters from their cannon stories.

My question of the point has nothing to do with gender. If anything this makes an equal not a superior being. And it is still weakly motivated. You didn't even give any reasons why Tsunami or Tokimi would go along with this crackpot idea. Sure Washu might be all for it but its something whomever comes along wanting to use this would have to consider and work out.

Why so much conflict over my pointing these things out?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:21 pm

From where I'm standing, I'm not the one that doesn't get it. Aside from non-issues, like that thing with Tsunami's tree that doesn't seem relevant at all to me, the very things being pointed out I've already given (not ignored) what I believe settle the matter. Beyond that, I prefer not to tell someone everything that they should do, so I will always be more open to giving suggestions than I will be for giving directions. Most ideas are based off of a basic premise, after all, and there are usually multiple ways to make them possible. The premise for this one is: the Chousin have always (secretly?) wanted a big sister. I don't think it's such a brain-buster to make that possible, whether resorting to any degree of AU or not, so I don't know what the big deal is. I guess this idea-giving thing just isn't my thing.

So, y'know. Classic situation where someone sees a problem and another doesn't. Not that I expect anyone to use this idea, anyway. It's just as well, I suppose. I just want a medium for getting rid of my ever-increasing "ideas that I'll never get around to writing."
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Ideas