My take on Ranma/History Strongest Kenichi

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

My take on Ranma/History Strongest Kenichi

Postby Vahn » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Well after reading up to the recent Kenich manga I gotta say I want to see this crossover. It could go a little something like this.

I think it would be interesting to have Ranma and Keniichi meet up in a respected manner instead of having Ranma replace him. Since due to the recent arc we see how yami is all encompassing. Why not have Kenichi and miu walking home one day when Kenichi overhears Ryoga threatening to kill Ranma. Ranma in a playful mood run away with a smile on "her" face at the time and pretend to be the poor beat up waif. kenichi always a knight in shining armor comes to Ranma-chan defense much to Ranma surprise and Ryogas. However Ryogas does not relent and attack Kenichi to the amazement of Ranma and Ryoga kenichi is extremely capable. He doesn't have anything fancy but try as Ryoga might he couldn't land a soild hit on kenichi to get the "pesk" out of his way.

On Kenichi side Miu is putting on her serious face as Ryoga attack style is brutal and damaging if any of it connects, Kenichi for his part cannot believe yet another strong opponent showed up and wonder where all these young super power martial artist is coming from. He is futher amaze that no matter how much he seem to hit Ryoga the Lost boy brush it off while he is using his Sei ku ability to the fullest to stop Ryoga from connecting and really damaging him.

As we all know Kenichi burn slowly so as the battle rages on Kenichi actually manifest a battle aura and start to figth with more strength and precision much to Ranma and Ryoga amazement. After both teens seem to be inflicting more damage then necessary on each other Ranma decide to stop it before it get out of hand seeing as he "she" was the one to cause it all and with a simple splash of water ended the fight. Kenichi and Miu both get wide eyed at what happened while Ranma picked up Ryoga by the scruff of his neck and chide him publicly.

Ranma gave Kenichi a once over and gave a nod in respect and proceed to walk off with Ryoga in tow.

From there it could go that Kenichi comes home and his master was curious if yami decided to Attack Kenichi, but when they reiterate the fight and how it ending Hayato laughed mirthfully and explain that he too was once under a curse , one that made him a girl. cue everyone picturing the big bulky man in a woman dress and get sick.

Lost of slap stick humor available for this kind of match up but that is how I would start it and then gradually introduce both worlds and their nuisances. We could have Kensei Ma be a sworn enemy of the Chinese Amazons.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: My take on Ranma/History Strongest Kenichi

Postby toushin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:15 pm

I still see a few things wrong with this idea. First and foremost is that what is the most likely response from Ranma to someone jumping to save him in a fight, especially a boy. If Ryoga doesn’t call him a coward first, the sheer audacity of a complete stranger jumping in front of him would infuriate Ranma. In this scenario all I can see is everything suddenly going black for Kenchi when Ranma-chan shoves her fist into the back of his skull.

Secondly while everyone can agree Ranma is better Ryoga is no slouch, and Kenichi still wouldn’t be able to match up. Also Kenichi like Ryoga is a pretty straight up fighter, especially when he fights someone new. What I mean is he doesn’t dodge that much, his main strategy is using the Seikūken to wear the opponent down. So Ryoga wouldn’t have that hard of time of simply swatting Kenichi aside. Your best bet would be to have it the other way around. Instead of Kenichi coming across Ranma, have Ranma come across Kenichi. Kenichi could be being assaulted by a group and Ranma can come across and help him. This way even though Ranma is still obviously the better of the two their still on equal terms.

If you want slap-stick the neko-ken would be the best way to go. We all know that Mui loves cats. What if during their respective training trips Mui comes across Ranma in the neko-ken. Hayato explains what’s wrong with him and Mui decides to adopt Ranma as her pet and does her level best to keep him in that mentality. This could be why Ranma-neko is so playful Mui trained him turning him from the murderous beast that Genma created to the loveable playful creature that we all know and love. Ranma and Mui meet again realize who eacch other are and Ranma precedes to run for his life.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Vahn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Hmm, actually from what is portray in Kenichi he will soon be reaching expert level, that in between Discple and Masters, and there seem to be many masters and Kenichi while not able to beat them could dodge around them enough to escape. For me Ryoga and Ranma would fall into the expert category. While Ranma is no where near masters level yet he show flashes of brillance of being master level but only when he is Rev up like kenichi who show sign of being Expert level when he is rev up but in his base mode he is still disciple level.

So the whole thing would take place where Ryoga and ranma is not rev up and Ranma is more teasing ryoga not fighting but almost playful tag. Of course Ranma also play the "You wouldn't hit a girl" would you cards many time so I think kenichi jumping in to defend Ranma in girl form at the time would be humorous to Ranma until it escalates. I would put the Ryozanpaku masters wave above Ranma of course, and would put Happosai and Colonge int he same master level of course, not nesscairly the same level of power as Ryozanpaku but same category. As the manga show there are many masters all over the world.

Also Kenich have an advantage compare to Ranma in one respect, he have several of the world greatest martial arts masters to teach him how to fight. Ranma had genma for most of his life while good is no where near Ryozanpaku, it only when Happosai and colonge showed up that Ranma ability shot through the roof.

Another thing I was thinking of having Yami steering clear from Nerima for a while do to the crazy martial arts battle that take place there, that is the Trifecta of Juskenkyo declare that a safe territory so if yami insist on going in that area, the Musk and Amazon would not take kindly to it.

Again just ideas :)
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Vahn » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:48 pm

What can't you agree with? I pretty much agreed to what i said. Happy and colonge are naturally masters -class martial artist. I think Hayto still have them beat, Akisami, Ma Kensei would be their same level, Apachi and shigure mgiht be a bit lower.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Ideas