Quantum chaos

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Quantum chaos

Postby toushin » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:17 pm

This is an idea I had for a fusion/multi-crossover between ranma and Quantum Mistake a Korean manga. For those of you who haven’t heard of it.
On the same day as a scientist is performing body teleportation experiments, Woo-Soo Choi and Kang Too-Jee end up in a fight after Woo-Soo Choi pulls down Kang-Too Jee's trousers accidentally. As they are fighting, the mad scientist - currently chasing a homeless person she was trying to bribe who stole the money - runs them over. She then uses them to test her new teleportation device. The transportation is successful and she then unceremoniously dumps their bodies and drives off only to find something was wrong with the device. She had just teleported their bodies, not their minds to go with them.

When he wakes up, Woo-Soo Choi sees himself lying on the ground. He realizes that his body has somehow been switched and runs his unconscious body to the hospital. When Kang Too-Jee - now in Woo-Soo Choi's body - wakes up, he appears to have amnesia and has reverted to a childlike state. Woo-Soo Choi's mother believes Woo-Soo Choi - in Kang Too-Jee's body - to be the one who caused it and chases him out of the hospital.
Woo-Soo Choi is able to find out where Kang Too-Jee lives and goes to school, but soon enough trouble appears in the form of Kang Too-Jee's old rivals and the fighting begins.

Ranma and his rivals are to skilled for some regular brainiac to come in and nobody notices so I realize the only way the plot could work is if it happens just before ryoga first shows up. This way it will give Woo-Soo Choi (have to think of a Japanese name) a chance to get use to his new body, and people like Genma around he will be able to do it pretty quickly.

I feel the original ranma should comeback during hiryu shoten ha arc. He gets his memory finds Woo-Soo Choi to demand information and discovers that his body has the strength of a baby. Ranma will have all of his fighting skills and ki abilities but in a body that hasn’t been trained for it. So he won’t be able to go full out because his body wouldn’t be able to take the stress. While Woo-Soo Choi will be in a body that is able to go all out and will do it instinctually but he doesn’t really have conscious control of it. This will set warning to cologne when ranma a virtual nobody is able to discern the secret of the hiryuu shoten ha while Woo-Soo Choi can’t.

“If your body can remember how to do it that’s a different story you can recall old memories anytime you want.”
Quote from the manga

I was also thinking of adding tenjho tenge crossover in a side story for how ranma will get his fighting trim. One because maya’s Natsume-Style Form Refinement will allow ranma to gain the body he need’s and two I always liked maya/ranma matchups.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Quantum chaos

Postby toushin » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:34 pm

Characters
Woo Soo-Choi: Currently has Kang Too Jee's body. He is studious to an extreme, with great concentration skills. A very kind heart, he is often misunderstood because of Kang Too-Jee's personality and past. He becomes a student of the Gyuk Moo-Do school of martial arts in order to fight one of his first enemies.

I won’t change him at all.

Shin Jin-Ho: A legend who defeated the strongest Mafia-Family in Guang-Ju. He received the title "The immortal". This is a guy who practiced the basic punch and the basic kick a thousand times a day from the time when he began to walk. His speed and skills are off the radar, he is the quiet-silent type of guy. He believes that anyone can become stronger, even the ones without talent; everything depends on how much sweat, tears, blood and countless hours of training one is willing to pay. Shin Jin-Ho is the first to defeat Seoul's strongest fighter, Ji Kang-Hyuk. His only defeat in life was against Woo Soo Choi in Kang Too-Jee's body. He is also the first to defeat one of the 5 leaders from the Correctional Institute, Jegal Mi-Hyang. During the fight, she stops his arms from moving with her acupuncture technique, but his countless hours of basic training overcome even that, and he defeats her with his new 13 hits technique.
I wont change him either I like him just the way he is.

Inmates of the Auigdo Correctional Institute
Lee Hae-Kang (Boxing and Wrestling): Fourth year Position 'Crimson Frontline' Leader. Three years prior to the fights by the justification that they were training their junior members the senior members of his gang got him alone and beat him with pipes and bats they . They all gave up because he didn't budge an inch while they beat him. During the main land hunt he easily defeats Chan-Soo Kang. In the first round from the Auigdo Correctional Institute tournament he fights a tough match against Han Sang-Jin, but in the end stands victorious.

For those of you who have read High School Iron Fist Legend Tough I plan on using it’s views of wrestling for those of you who haven’t here are some quotes from the manga.
“A synthesis of all martial arts and we deeply study each discipline”

“The strength and endurance of wrestlers are very admirable but what’s most admirable about them is their resistance to hits and their endless stamina”

“Wrestlers are used to pain”

“The thing is giving up doesn’t exist for wrestlers. If their right hand breaks then they’ll fight with the left. If both hands break they’ll fight with their legs.”

“Its only goal is the complete destruction of a person’s combat faculties its called assassin’s wrestling”

Other then that he will remain mostly the same.

Jang-Suk Chung (Muay Thai Kick-Boxing): Thirrd year leader of the Blood Moon Gang. The weakest of the five gang leaders in the Auigdo Correctional Institute, he hates people who mock his intelligence. He defeats Dokko Dae-San by escaping a STF wrestling submission maneuver. He is defeated in the Correctional Institute by Mah Kang-Chul, when he escapes from his steel cell.

He will be completely different he will be the child that Kiryuu Miyazawa from the manga tough fathered only there will be no relation to the president . he will be just like his father possessing an evil heart and completely merciless towards any opponents unfortunate to encounter him. Obviously he will practice the Nadashinkage Style.

Jegal Mi-Hyang (Ushoo, Kun-Joo, etc.): Second year Leader of Spider Gang. She uses acupuncture to severe the link from her opponent's brain to bodily functions. This renders them unable to move their effected limbs. She completely defeats Pi Ho-Chul in his boxing gym during the main land hunt. She is defeated by Shin Jin-Ho during the first match in the Auigdo Correctional Institute tournament.

I plan on using Juubei Kakei from getbackers as the bases for her fighting style other then that she will remain relatively the same.

Sa-Mong Cho (Advanced Judo): Third year Leader of the gang Crazy. Probably the second strongest guy from the academy, just behind Kwon Shin. His only objective is fighting Kwon Shin, the man with unlimited potential. He hospitalized his own judo mentor and asked for permission to go into the hell academy by his own will. He breaks one of Pyo Dok-Soo's arms in the Auigdo Correctional Institute. His first match is against Kang Too-Jee. In the beginning it looks like a tough match, but in the end Sa-Mong Cho defeats Kang Too-Jee easily. His finishing move is a twist attack to one pressure point to the back of his opponent that damages the internal organs - it's a much more devastating attack than the one used by Kwon Shin.

I will replace him with Joukyuu Kunitoshi from the manga aiki.

Despite his seemingly normal appearance, Kunitoshi is actually a martial-arts prodigy. He specializes in Aikido and possesses extensive knowledge of many other fighting styles. He also has an incredible "reading" ability which allows him to see the strengths and weaknesses of his opponent's body and techniques. His father, believing Kunitoshi had grown complacent due to his natural talent, drugged his son, dislocated and reattached every joint in his body, effectively cutting his power down by half. Since that time, Kunitoshi has avoided battle and instead spends his time seducing random women, since pushing himself in a fight results in the automatic dislocation of one or more limbs. Though generally cool and level-headed, Kunitoshi is highly sadistic and brutal when angered and is speculated by the others to be so because of the way his mother cruelly raised him. His personality also shows that he does not care to get emotionally involved with anyone and says he has no friends when asked. He is currently a lecturer at Ryobu University because of his mother, who made an agreement with the school's principal, and forced him to become one. In an attempt to restore his body to 100% he has hired a acupuncture therapist, which slowly restored his body to 60% of his abilities. However, his body can't fully return back to its former condition, but to compensate for his speed and strength, he has sharpened all his reflexes and abilities; therefore, his body can operate at 70% allowing him access to more advanced techniques. He initially appears as a high-school delinquent, with shirt untucked and no tie. Upon entering Ryoubu, he changes his attire to a formal suit and tie. This apparently does not affect his movements or fighting skills in any way. Houju Kaneoto gives him his prized sword the tengoku, which he starts to train with.

Aiki jujitsu
Forefather of akido, judo, and hapkido, is rooted in far more ancient Japanese jujisu

Kwon Shin (Total Style): Third year leader of Demon Trinity. Rumored to be the strongest of all the gang leaders in the Auigdo Correctional Institute. He is a very easy-going guy, but extremely strong. He is a fighting genius, second in that respect to no one. After feeling the attack from an opponent he can copy it and measure the enemy's strength. Kwon Shin says that the most important thing in fighting is not training but witnessing and experiencing some situations. One can become stronger this way, which explains his strength as a fighter. He only fights a man once, because he believes that there is no point in defeating the same person twice. Kwon Shin has a perfect defense technique that allows him to parry any attack without inflicting damage upon himself, and his finishing move is a twisting palm attack that damages the internal organs. During the main land hunt he is scheduled to face Woo So-Choi, but he ultimately faces Ji Kang-Hyuk, although their match is interrupted. In his first fight of the tournament he easily defeats Jee Dae-Wong with his twisting palm attack. In his second match he has to face Shin Jin-Ho. They have an incredibly intense fight reaching the top of their limits and Kwon Shin finally wins when Shin Jin-Ho collapses from physical and mental exhaustion.

I want to use him as the basis of what I want to turn ranma into so I intend to replace him with Caerula Sanguis from battle angel alita

The Savage Mah Kang-Chul (No Style): Said to be the strongest man on earth, he doesn't have any style and does not use on any kind of guard or defense techniques, relying instead on his monstrous strength, stamina and adrenaline. He destroys Jang-Suk Chung which earns him a spot on the tournament. He wins his first match against Ji Kang-Hyuk. However, Ji Kang-Hyuk manages to deliver a corckscrew punch while Mah Kang-Chul was against a wall before he was defeated and caused Mah Kang-Chul to collapse from immense internal organ damage and bleeding after the fight.

I plan on using zekka from battle angel alita as the basis for him.

“Other martial arts are techniques of task that is once you remove the enemy before your eyes it is over. But karate is the path of learning to become superhuman. If you have no enemy you strike rocks, you shatter ice. Should you meet a bull you kill that bull, should you meet a bear you kill that bear. Cultivate your devotion and exceed the utmost limits without wavering no matter how far you go. Your goal is to surpass the technique of tasks to the technique of no task

Fist of the killing tiger
To master a technique that can kill a dragon a beast that does not exist in reality and to master a style that can destroy a tiger an already extinct carnivore beast what does it mean? I understand it as to battle enemies that are beyond human”

Ranma
Like I wrote earlier I plan on using Kwon Shin as the basis of how ranma will turn out. My reasoning for this is that ranma will be taken out of the chaos that is his life, he will be given a loving mother and a stable environment. This will allow him too slowly lose the bad habits he gained from his time with genma and allow his better traits to be shown a lot more. As for his fighting style anything goes combined with the training ranma will receive from Maya Natsumi will give ranma a fighting style similar to Panzer Kunst.

The main antagonist instead of being kwon’s brother I plan on using Trinidad from battle angel alita. Also instead using the whole delinquent school plot I plan on replacing it with something from the static shock comic. At some point, Static was abducted by the Dark Side Club, drugged by the Anti-Life Equation and forced to compete against other heroes in an arena for entertainment. He proved too strong to control, and the proprietors mostly kept him locked up in the basement,[1] although he was allowed out to compete with the other reigning champion, Ravager. After being freed from the Club by Miss Martian,[3] he applied for and joined the Teen Titans, becoming a full-time member.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Ideas