Ranma Gintama fusion

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma Gintama fusion

Postby Mr L » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:15 am

It is the first time I post here and I hope my English is fine. I am not planning to write it, I lack the writing skills. It is just an idea. Maybe someone will adopt it.
A fusion Ranma/Gintama, with the Ranma ½ cast replacing the cast of Gintama.
Ranma as Gintoki he may be again a martial artist, which decided become a freelancer to search new adventures and new fights.
Mousse as Shinpachi Shimura, both have a bad sight and without his obsession for Shampoo, his personality isn’t too different from Shinpachi’s.
Ryoga as Kagura, both have super strength and umbrella. He could be from the Yato clan, lost on the Earth..
Beside they are the three more important male characters in Ranma ½, therefore more suited for the roles of the principal protagonists.
Shampoo as Tae Shimura and Mousse’s sister, they could be again chinese but adopted from the original Mr Shimura from Gintama.
Tatewaki as a Shinsengumi member, someone could say it is a too noble role for him. I disagree and in Gintama the Shinsengumi is full of crazy swordmen. Maybe in the role of the vice-commander Toshiro Hijikata.
Ukyo is perfect as Kyubei Yagyu, they have many things in common. Konatsu as her servant.
Nabiki as Tsakuma Sakamato. Akane may be Tsukujo or Tsu Terekado.
Cologne as Ms Otose., the relationship between Gintoki and her is similar to the relationship between Ranma and Cologne.
Ryu Kumon as Kotaro Katsura, he may be a martial artist which joined the Joi movement or a samurai with a mix of other martial arts.
I am not sure about the role of Shinsuke Takasugi. Maybe Taro but I find cliché choice Taro as worst bad guy. He is an egoist jerk, he doesn’t lust for blood.
Azusa as Prince Hata, she would become the Amanto Princess Azusa.
Maybe Kodachi as Ayame Sarutobi.
The character’s personalities and relationships mustn’t be exactly like in Gintama, this would be an unique story not a carbon copy of Ranma ½ or Gintama
Of course it isn’t a detailed suggestion, lacks a role for Genma, Soun and substitutes for Sogo Ogita, Hasagawa, etc.. I would like know your comments or different opinions about the roles.
Mr L
Senshi Candidate

Return to Ideas