Here's a thought for a Naruto fic...

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Shadell » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:21 pm

Adyen wrote:Sakura is a very interesting enigma. You can't say that she's strong (pre-3 years training) nor can you say that she doesn't have potential (as seen post-3 year training), but the biggest focal point is the question: CAN you train yourself to produce more chakra.
Now, we know chakra is created by mixing physical energy and spiritual energy together. So let's look at Sakura when she first joined the team:
Her physicals are low. As in, she's probably one of the weakest one to leave the academy. Looking at canon, she draws with Ino - who is also one of the weakest physically.
She has no bloodline ability (that we know of), no secret family techniques, and no specialized training; coupled with a low chakra reserve and a high intellegence, this places her firmly in the Genjustu type.
Now the question was, "could you train to create more chakra". I personally think "yes, but it is not worth the time invested". Sakura has never demonstrated a high physical ability throughout her entire time in Team 7 - she tires out quicker on less, and Kakashi himself is a ninjutsu-type ninja, thus would focus on that aspect more than anything. (And being the lazy bastard he is, he wouldn't want to take the extra time to train physically because both Naruto and Sasuke are already strong on physical abilities - not to be mixed with taijutsu, of course)
I think the main reason why Sakura grew so much during those 3 years is due to her own determination to become stronger (something that is missing for most of the time when she's in Team 7), as well as the fact that Tsunade is one of the (if not THE) foremost Medic-Nin in the world. She knows exactly how you need to train someone to strengthen their physical abilities, as well as tricks to help with chakra control/distrubution. We also don't know all the things Sakura went through to train, but I wouldn't hesitate to guess it was quite grueling and compairable to Gai's training.

Well said. That seems to describe the situation perfectly.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu on Friday May 23, 2008 7:33 pm
http://www.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=175018118
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby GenocideHeart » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:12 pm

I disagree. First of all, Gai literally wakes up at dawn and puts Lee through the wringer all day, pretty much non-stop.
Tsunade SLEEPS most of the day, even when she should work, and what little free time she has left, she must use in her duties as Hokage - believe it or not, a leader cannot saddle everything on his retainers, especially when her retainers are just looking at an excuse for getting rid of a certain fox boy, or at least make him an outlaw. Tsunade can't afford to let her guard down with ambitious individuals like Danzou in teh Konoha council.
So, basically, she has... incredibly LITTLE time left.
And you want to make me think Sakura progressed to an expertise in her field comparable to Lee's in taijutsu... with LESS training time than Lee... in less than 3 years?
Sorry, but it's so unbelievable I refuse to even consider it.
Also, it doesn't MATTER how much Sakura may have improved, her endurance should still suck, because she's simply fragile.
Yet Kishimoto has her survive two direct hits from Sasori (and note that his attacks can crack stone)... save have her get KOd by BUMPING HER HEAD later on on the bridge. Makes lots of sense... NOT.
Face it, the sudden spike in power Sakura got was Kishimoto's lame, way-too-late attempt to make her worthwhile and make Team 7 into Sannin MkII.
That's another thing that irks me. Sasuke and Naruto both have something that makes them different from their sensei (Sharingan and Kyuubi)... what does Sakura have? (and 'small breasts' is not a valid answer)
Nothing, that's what. She's nothing but a lame Tsunade clone. No more, no less, nothing unique setting her apart. That just doesn't cut it.
I'd rather have Hinata, Ino or Tenten as main love interest. They aren't inspid clones with no originality whatsoever.
Okay, rant is over. I apologize if I come across as hostile, but it had to be said.
"When the Planessss burnnnn and all life is torchesss, then Ignusss ssshall at lassst... be at peace..."
--Ignus, Planescape: Torment
"Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe."
--Vhailor, Planescape: Torment
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Mitchell » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:10 pm

Small breasts cuts it as unique even less than you mention. I forget where but I'm pretty sure that I read that Tsunade had small breats when she was young as well.
Mitchell
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:54 pm

GenocideHeart wrote:I'd rather have Hinata, Ino or Tenten as main love interest. They aren't inspid clones with no originality whatsoever.

I just used the relationship filter on FF.net to see how many pages each girl has with Naruto. Sakura: 22, Tenten: 2, Ino: 4, and Hinata: 30. With 25 stories max per page, that's alot of fics. While the other two don't have as many pages and thus less stories involving them and Naruto, at least at this moment Hinata is the more popular choice for a pairing. So we can hope Naruto will see the light soon!
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Shadell » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:21 pm

GenocideHeart wrote:I disagree. First of all, Gai literally wakes up at dawn and puts Lee through the wringer all day, pretty much non-stop.
Tsunade SLEEPS most of the day, even when she should work, and what little free time she has left, she must use in her duties as Hokage - believe it or not, a leader cannot saddle everything on his retainers, especially when her retainers are just looking at an excuse for getting rid of a certain fox boy, or at least make him an outlaw. Tsunade can't afford to let her guard down with ambitious individuals like Danzou in teh Konoha council.
So, basically, she has... incredibly LITTLE time left.

Gai trains with Lee. While he does have more time 90% of the training is repeating a maneuver over and over again. (Lets run around the village 200 times!) Sakura has a little more intelligence then Lee and a substantially different learning style. Tsunade would probably need a substantially less hands on approach. Rather she could show Sakura a simple technique and explain a little about how it worked. Sakura could probably reverse engineer it. Remember this is a Sakura with substantially more drive then before the time break.
And you want to make me think Sakura progressed to an expertise in her field comparable to Lee's in taijutsu... with LESS training time than Lee... in less than 3 years?
Sorry, but it's so unbelievable I refuse to even consider it.
Also, it doesn't MATTER how much Sakura may have improved, her endurance should still suck, because she's simply fragile.
Yet Kishimoto has her survive two direct hits from Sasori (and note that his attacks can crack stone)... save have her get KOd by BUMPING HER HEAD later on on the bridge. Makes lots of sense... NOT.

If I recall correctly during the Sasori fight she was being used as a puppet by Sasori's mom. IE: She wasn't that good in taijutsu, rather the old woman was taking advantage of Sakura's strength boosting skill and using the chakra strings to make her fight better.
As to the defence, Kakashi stated that Sakura's strength came from releasing a burst of chakra exactly in time with her attacks. It isn't too much of a leap of faith to assume that Sakura could apply the same principle to defence. Also, depending on the angle of attack and the point where it hits, a blow with twice as much force can do substantially less damage. So having Sakura get suprised and bump her head on the stone in an unlucky spot does in fact make a good deal of sense.
Face it, the sudden spike in power Sakura got was Kishimoto's lame, way-too-late attempt to make her worthwhile and make Team 7 into Sannin MkII.
That's another thing that irks me. Sasuke and Naruto both have something that makes them different from their sensei (Sharingan and Kyuubi)... what does Sakura have? (and 'small breasts' is not a valid answer)
Nothing, that's what. She's nothing but a lame Tsunade clone. No more, no less, nothing unique setting her apart. That just doesn't cut it.

Re-read the manga. Kakashi specifically mentions that Sakura started out as a genjutsu type and that ability sets her apart from the fifth hokage. While we havent' seen that pan out that much currently we will probably see it in the future. Also didn't Naruto promise to no-longer use the Kyuubi, thus currently he is as you would say "Lame Jiraiya clone"
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby GenocideHeart » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:45 am

See, the problem is, Naruto CAN'T really not use Kyuubi. He can avoid consciously using its chakra, but merel by BENG there, Kyuubi influences him. He heals fast, whether he wants to or not, and while he'd have ungodly stamina even without Kyuubi, chances are that his reserves were made larger by its presence.
Just the regen and the nearly bottomless chakra set him apart from Jiraiya, even he was amazed at how long it took to exhaust Naruto's human chakra reserves, remember?
Oh, and... in case you forgot, Tsunade is good enough at genjutsu to keep up an illusion of youth basically 24/7, even when asleep, unless she's diverting all her chakra on the Genesis Rebirth seal.
So she's also talented at illusions. There goes Sakura's last difference.
"When the Planessss burnnnn and all life is torchesss, then Ignusss ssshall at lassst... be at peace..."
"Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe."
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Shadell » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:45 am

GenocideHeart wrote:See, the problem is, Naruto CAN'T really not use Kyuubi. He can avoid consciously using its chakra, but merel by BENG there, Kyuubi influences him. He heals fast, whether he wants to or not, and while he'd have ungodly stamina even without Kyuubi, chances are that his reserves were made larger by its presence.
Just the regen and the nearly bottomless chakra set him apart from Jiraiya, even he was amazed at how long it took to exhaust Naruto's human chakra reserves, remember?

Well since the most recent chapter just stated that Naruto's chakra was twice as high as Kakashi's I'll believe you on that one. BUT. Yamato can supress the kyuubi and thus Naruto's regeneration.
Oh, and... in case you forgot, Tsunade is good enough at genjutsu to keep up an illusion of youth basically 24/7, even when asleep, unless she's diverting all her chakra on the Genesis Rebirth seal.
So she's also talented at illusions. There goes Sakura's last difference.

I don't think that skill was genjutsu. After all Tsunade is the best MEDIC-nin in the Naruto verse. Additionaly she is shown to start trembelling when Genesis Rebirth's effect ends. Genjutsu usually happen without any warning. Also she said "If I rest abit i'll revert to my young self" and even when fighting Orochimaru and Kabuto she didn't use a single genjutsu. While it isn't perfect evidence, I would like to point out the principle known as "Occam's Razor" Namely if you here trampelling feet it probably horses not zebras. Or the simplest explanation is best.
THe page where Kakashi states that Sakura could surpass Tsunade because of her potential in genjutsu.
Page where Genesis Rebirth is seen ending.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Adyen » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:41 pm

I disagree with Tsunade having no time at all.
First of all, we see an image of her personally training Sakura during the time Naruto left. It's more of a side-shot in one of the pages, but it does show Sakura reviving a fish with Tsunade watching.
Next, post-3 years, we see another flashback where Tsunade is ALSO personally training Sakura on the uses of her fighting abilities and what she should be doing in a team because she's to be a combat medic.
Granted that those scenes are rare and inbetween other stuff, it DOES show that Tsunade has time to personally train Sakura - including whatever other duties she had to take care of.
On the age thing, I completely agree with Shadell. Tsunade's seal is strictly in the Kinjutsu area - it MAY be genjutsu, but I personally think that it's more of a medic ability that literally allows her to mold her body's look into a certain form - The page linked lower with the Genesis Rebirth ending is a great example as Tsunade can be seen literally aging - this isn't a dropping of a genjutsu to reveal an old hag.
And I don't see any DIRECT hits from Sasori during the fight. Mainly the hits were deflected or merely skimming off Sakura. She's also seen healing those wounds later in the fight, so... Nobody said anything about Sakura having a good taijutsu - only that she has crazy amounts of power behind her punches.
But I have to agree that Sakura isn't as interesting as Sasuke and Naruto - if you're looking for something 'special' and 'out of the ordinary'. But that's what I like about her - she has no special powers and started sub-par, but is trying her best in her own way to catch up. Sort of like Lee, really. :P
(*bets that Sakura would KILL me if she heard me say that...*)
Adyen
Senshi Cadet

Postby GenocideHeart » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:58 pm

You know, if we had to judge based on flashbacks only, there were a couple flashbacks where you could see Iruka trying to teach Naruto stuff. Yet, it's pretty much clear that Iruka didn't HAVE time to spend with Naruto - the times when he could help him were rare and far between.
We may have seen Tsunade train Sakura a couple times. Does that automatically mean she had time to kill to train her? NO. That's an assumption, an assumption that implies she was neglecting her duty as the Hokage of a village that was recovering from a WAR. I'd like to point out how Tsunade herself mentions that even after 2 and a half years, Konoha is still recovering. So yes, she's got to have her hands full. Training a genin, riiight... At most, she could give her pointers, and if you tell me Sakura is a learning genius on par with Naruto, I'll mock you. Even she was amazed by the rate at which he learned stuff.
And with all the progress Sakura made, unless Tsunade's been following her for hours and hours every day (I'm talking 10/12 hours per day, not a couple) and correcting her mistakes on the spot, I honestly can't see her getting THAT good.
One tidbit for you, BTW. I studied chemistry and graduated at the top of my class, 94/100. But I can assure you that not even my professor, who had something like three decades of experience over me, can pull off the 'identify an obscenely rare poison and whip out an antidote in minutes' thing that Sakura did. He said that there are some who can do it, but only after more than 40 years of studying substances that make poisons up.
Sakura DOES NOT have that kind of knowledge and experience, unless Tsunade magically transferred all her 50 years of studies and knowhow in her head, whick would be really fricking lame - the last thing we need is a superscrub going badass with a cheap jutsu that spits on hard work... the Sharingan is enough, thanks.
It all comes down to her progress being TOO FAST. It makes no sense, it's lame and it is just a cheap copout to make Sannin MkII. You can try to spin any other way, but deep down, you KNOW I'm right. :?
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Moshulel » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:04 pm

OK here's my two cents
Sakura's chakra capacity (Note i said capacity not reserves):
Small as stated by Kakashi, that's why she has that excellent control. I heard somewhere around this thread that telling that she learned tree walking fast is the result of the fact that she has a small chakra capacity is the same as saying Naruto learned the Kage Bunshin due to his large reserves.
FALSE! If you remember it doesn't specify that Naruto was a slow learner in fact the rasengan proves otherwise but yet he wasn't able to lear Bunshin no Jutsu! Why? Because his chakra reserve was large>>> easy to see high chakra capacity & reserve lesser control over it.
So i think it's obvious Sakura doesn't have a large capacity or large reserves.
Gai trains with Lee. While he does have more time 90% of the training is repeating a maneuver over and over again. (Lets run around the village 200 times!) Sakura has a little more intelligence then Lee and a substantially different learning style. Tsunade would probably need a substantially less hands on approach. Rather she could show Sakura a simple technique and explain a little about how it worked. Sakura could probably reverse engineer it. Remember this is a Sakura with substantially more drive then before the time break.

I resent that... Sakura had very little training in stuff outside medicine ninjutsu. Add to this the number of books she needs to read and learn and the amount of practice she needs... not much time left for training and taijutsu is learnable by repetition and hard work ask any close quarter combatant here. It takes years! Sakura had no time to train like this.
By the way i read somewhere around this thread that Sakura is smarter than Shikamaru? What the!?!?! Shikamaru is a stated genius and only his lazyness prevented him from being the second ninja in the academy. He answers in a flashback that he knew all the answers to tests but he was too lazy to write them. There can be no comparation between the two. The only smart fact about Sakura is the fact that she learns a lot. That doesn't make her smarter than other nins.
In the ninja world academic smarts take you only so far
Her med nin skill's are also overpowered. Remember what Chiyo said.
It seems people forget what is requiered to be a med nin and ignore the time she had at disposal.
She's ovepowered. [period]
Moshulel
Senshi Candidate

Postby Shadell » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:19 pm

One tidbit for you, BTW. I studied chemistry and graduated at the top of my class, 94/100. But I can assure you that not even my professor, who had something like three decades of experience over me, can pull off the 'identify an obscenely rare poison and whip out an antidote in minutes' thing that Sakura did. He said that there are some who can do it, but only after more than 40 years of studying substances that make poisons up.
Sakura DOES NOT have that kind of knowledge and experience, unless Tsunade magically transferred all her 50 years of studies and knowhow in her head, whick would be really fricking lame - the last thing we need is a superscrub going badass with a cheap jutsu that spits on hard work... the Sharingan is enough, thanks.
It all comes down to her progress being TOO FAST. It makes no sense, it's lame and it is just a cheap copout to make Sannin MkII. You can try to spin any other way, but deep down, you KNOW I'm right. Confused

Right... Because every other aspect of ninjutsu in Naruto is SO realistic. Comparing Naruto to real life is very flawed. Namely real people do not go around jumping from tree to tree faster then they can run. IE: Its pointless to bring in specific knowledge about how hard it is to learn something to a show that is completely fiction. Especially one where we have 12 year old kids using projectile weapons with above olympic accuracy.
Moshulel wrote:OK here's my two cents
Sakura's chakra capacity (Note i said capacity not reserves):
Small as stated by Kakashi, that's why she has that excellent control. I heard somewhere around this thread that telling that she learned tree walking fast is the result of the fact that she has a small chakra capacity is the same as saying Naruto learned the Kage Bunshin due to his large reserves.
FALSE! If you remember it doesn't specify that Naruto was a slow learner in fact the rasengan proves otherwise but yet he wasn't able to lear Bunshin no Jutsu! Why? Because his chakra reserve was large>>> easy to see high chakra capacity & reserve lesser control over it.
So i think it's obvious Sakura doesn't have a large capacity or large reserves.

Perhaps the example I was making was unclear, but the point wasn't that Sakura had a larger capacity then people where saying, rather that her good chakra control was a GOOD ability, and something worth being proud of. The only reason I made it was because people apparently felt the need to say that Sakura's main strength was in fact a disadvantage. Also... This is Naruto who couldn't learn Henge in four or five years, this is the Naruto who couldn't even do a NORMAL bunshin. The whole learning Kage Bunshin thing was in itself pretty unrealistic.
I resent that... Sakura had very little training in stuff outside medicine ninjutsu. Add to this the number of books she needs to read and learn and the amount of practice she needs... not much time left for training and taijutsu is learnable by repetition and hard work ask any close quarter combatant here. It takes years! Sakura had no time to train like this.
By the way i read somewhere around this thread that Sakura is smarter than Shikamaru? What the!?!?! Shikamaru is a stated genius and only his lazyness prevented him from being the second ninja in the academy. He answers in a flashback that he knew all the answers to tests but he was too lazy to write them. There can be no comparation between the two. The only smart fact about Sakura is the fact that she learns a lot. That doesn't make her smarter than other nins.

Not at all what I said... Shikamaru is a strategist plain and simple. I have no doubt that he could do well in other areas, but he doesn't have the drive to do so. Sakura (Who did graduate top in her class in terms of academics by the way) was able to answer the questions on the Chunin exam. Shikamaru didn't answer them on his own, rather he copied of Sakura. Additionaly it would probably have taken less time and effort to just answer the questions if he was able to.
In the ninja world academic smarts take you only so far
Her med nin skill's are also overpowered. Remember what Chiyo said.
It seems people forget what is required to be a med nin and ignore the time she had at disposal.
She's ovepowered. [period]
A few things. One Kakashi had no knowledge of Sakura's abilities after the time gap. Since he was supposed to be in charge of her and what missions she took, it is probably safe to say that Sakura dedicated those three years soley to improving her abilities. Which when you consider that Naruto and Jiraiya where travelling (And thus had to spend a good time in transit IE: not training, and there were given times where Naruto went berserk, and was thus probably NOT TRAINING).
Lastly let me get this straight.... you will accept that Sasuke managed to master the sharingan to an extreme level. Completely redesign the Chidori into a new signature Jutsu that works completely differently (Remember Kakashi saying it takes 20 years to create a new signature technique), and presumably to master summoning snakes. Meanwhile Sakura who has finally gained the same drive to grow stronger that Naruto and Sasuke had all along, and access to the best Medic-Nin in the world, can't grow half as much?
Remember the requirements of medical jutsu are what Sakura has in spades. Also if you want to say that she was much weaker then the others, remember that she had been shown NO higher level jutsu at that time. Additionaly she managed to fight against three ninjas with a combat specialty using only those academy jutsu. True she lost to the sound-nins, but Lee lost to the sound nins.
To conclude, if you want to say Sakura's overpowered go ahead. However you should acnowledge that Lee (WHo had 0 talent to start off with) shouldn't have been strong, that Sasuke (Who managed to grow so much that he was able to beat 3 chunin level opponents, and a jounin) is WAY overpowered, and taht Naruto (Who went from being unable to do henge after several years of training, to mastering Kage Bunshin in under a day) was also WAY overpowered.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby GenocideHeart » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:43 pm

Actually, I find the whole string of DBZ powerups to be idiotic.
Lee is the only one with an excuse. He was good at only one thing: Taijutsu. And he sweated for it.
Then Sasuke comes along, and in LESS THAN A MONTH matches his hard earned speed and strength.
When you concentrate on one thing and cut everything else off, you do progress a lot. Sakura was juggling medical studies, medical practice, taijutsu practice AND the Chuunin Exams (she's a Chuunin now, remember?). She was nowhere near as focused as Lee, yet obtained a progression in less than 3 years that's comparable to Lee's progression in half a decade or so.
All of Team 7 got retardedly powerful in way too little time... it's stupid, it's irritating and it makes the whole series lame.
Sasuke is the biggest powerup offender, but Sakura is a good second. Naruto's progress is mostly due to him FINALLY being taught. Nobody before Jiraiya ever did that. And of course, the fact he can train for so long, it'd kill normal humans, helps. IIRC, he trained a solid week nonstop with just short sleep spells to master Rasengan - he's OBSESSED with becoming strong.
Sakura doesn't have that kind of drive. All it took was for her to see Sasuke and she went back to being useless. And here I was hoping she was out of the fangirl phase.
That reminds me, I really hope Naruto doesnt go down the Naruto/Sakura path. IMHO, Sakura doesn't DESERVE Naruto. He's too nice for her.
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Shadell » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:02 pm

GenocideHeart wrote:Actually, I find the whole string of DBZ powerups to be idiotic.
Lee is the only one with an excuse. He was good at only one thing: Taijutsu. And he sweated for it.
Then Sasuke comes along, and in LESS THAN A MONTH matches his hard earned speed and strength.
When you concentrate on one thing and cut everything else off, you do progress a lot. Sakura was juggling medical studies, medical practice, taijutsu practice AND the Chuunin Exams (she's a Chuunin now, remember?). She was nowhere near as focused as Lee, yet obtained a progression in less than 3 years that's comparable to Lee's progression in half a decade or so.
All of Team 7 got retardedly powerful in way too little time... it's stupid, it's irritating and it makes the whole series lame.
Sasuke is the biggest powerup offender, but Sakura is a good second. Naruto's progress is mostly due to him FINALLY being taught. Nobody before Jiraiya ever did that. And of course, the fact he can train for so long, it'd kill normal humans, helps. IIRC, he trained a solid week nonstop with just short sleep spells to master Rasengan - he's OBSESSED with becoming strong.
Sakura doesn't have that kind of drive. All it took was for her to see Sasuke and she went back to being useless. And here I was hoping she was out of the fangirl phase.
That reminds me, I really hope Naruto doesnt go down the Naruto/Sakura path. IMHO, Sakura doesn't DESERVE Naruto. He's too nice for her.

I'll agree on that mostly. The only part I can disagree with is that Sakura was worse then Naruto when it came to finding teachers.
But yeah, Kishimoto wrote himself into a corner with Naruto. In the bridge arc and the Chunin exam, they had younger opponents taht they could theoretically reach. Even then Sasuke and Naruto needed to try as hard as they could to fight Haku and the strongest genins from the chunin exam.
But then he needed a more climatic enemy who could get at Naruto when he wasn't exposed by being out on a mission. Suddenly we have opponents who are at the same level as kages, and Naruto and co. have no realistic way of growing strong enough to beat them. Thus we get DBZ style power-ups. Hopefully he won't try to bring Naruto all the way to becoming Hokage via. a few more time skips and whatnot. If he does we'll be seeing DBZII.
Back to the origonal point of this thread; I think in the long drawn out pro/anti-sakura debate, we've pretty much shown conclusively that medic-nins are mostly about chakra control and being able perform exacting examinations on unknown substances and whatnot. Exactly the kind of things Naruto isn't that good at. Would still be interesting to see Naruto with medic type skills though.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Moshulel » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:16 pm

Perhaps the example I was making was unclear, but the point wasn't that Sakura had a larger capacity then people where saying, rather that her good chakra control was a GOOD ability, and something worth being proud of. The only reason I made it was because people apparently felt the need to say that Sakura's main strength was in fact a disadvantage. Also... This is Naruto who couldn't learn Henge in four or five years, this is the Naruto who couldn't even do a NORMAL bunshin. The whole learning Kage Bunshin thing was in itself pretty unrealistic.

Remember though that the reason why Naruto wasn't able to perform a bunshin or henge is because the jutsu's in themselves requiered waaay too little chakra for him to be able to perform them. How can you fill a glass of water under the waterfall withou breaking the glass? Besides you forget the whole Oiroke no Jutsu.
Naruto proved time and time again he has a frightnengly fast learning curve but what could he do if he wasn't able to perform those tehniques because he had too much chakra?
Shikamaru didn't answer them on his own, rather he copied of Sakura. Additionaly it would probably have taken less time and effort to just answer the questions if he was able to.

Even academicly Shikamaru was great but as i said he was too LAZY to write the goddamn answers. Also i don't recall him doing anything there it was all Ino that did the work.
Also let me say my own opinion on that quote:
A few things. One Kakashi had no knowledge of Sakura's abilities after the time gap. Since he was supposed to be in charge of her and what missions she took, it is probably safe to say that Sakura dedicated those three years soley to improving her abilities. Which when you consider that Naruto and Jiraiya where travelling (And thus had to spend a good time in transit IE: not training, and there were given times where Naruto went berserk, and was thus probably NOT TRAINING).

Did that stopped Jiraya to train Naruto when they were searching for Tsunade? Oh he just taught him a A-class tehnique nothing big no?
Also he was the whole frigging time with him unlike Tsunade with Sakura which btw had to read a HUGE amount of books and also memorize them.
(Remember Kakashi saying it takes 20 years to create a new signature technique),

False. So the Chidori took 20 years to develop? Funny kakashi couldn't have been more than 14 when he first used it. Or the Rasengan 20 years when Jiraya states it took the fourth 3 years to fully develop it?
I also find Sasuke's growth ridiculously big but it goes into one direction not like Sakura.
Remember the requirements of medical jutsu are what Sakura has in spades. Also if you want to say that she was much weaker then the others, remember that she had been shown NO higher level jutsu at that time. Additionaly she managed to fight against three ninjas with a combat specialty using only those academy jutsu. True she lost to the sound-nins, but Lee lost to the sound nins.

Yes but time is required no matter what you say it's imposible even for nins to get that good in just 2 and a half years.
To conclude, if you want to say Sakura's overpowered go ahead. However you should acnowledge that Lee (WHo had 0 talent to start off with) shouldn't have been strong, that Sasuke (Who managed to grow so much that he was able to beat 3 chunin level opponents, and a jounin) is WAY overpowered, and taht Naruto (Who went from being unable to do henge after several years of training, to mastering Kage Bunshin in under a day) was also WAY overpowered.

Lee trained day and night to get stronger, Sasuke didn't beat them and if i recall corectly they were holding back. Again the issue with Naruto:
His huge chakra made it impossible for them to do those jutsu's. The KB on the other hand with the huge chakra requirments though was perfect for him.
EDIT: I am writing a Med Nin Naruto fic but i found a few ways to pass over the main problems raised here.
Moshulel
Senshi Candidate

Postby Shadell » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:47 pm

Moshulel wrote:Remember though that the reason why Naruto wasn't able to perform a bunshin or henge is because the jutsu's in themselves requiered waaay too little chakra for him to be able to perform them. How can you fill a glass of water under the waterfall withou breaking the glass? Besides you forget the whole Oiroke no Jutsu.
Naruto proved time and time again he has a frightnengly fast learning curve but what could he do if he wasn't able to perform those tehniques because he had too much chakra?

He did create Orioke no Jutsu... Which is just a henge really.... Additionaly I will be more then happy to concede to your point about Naruto being unable to learn any basic Jutsu if you can prove it. Except... Naruto DOES eventually master them. Additionaly Ebisu says that without chakra control excess chakra is used and disperses into the atmosphere. Genjutsu and the techniques that require moving exact amounts of chakra are the few exceptions.
Shikamaru didn't answer them on his own, rather he copied of Sakura. Additionaly it would probably have taken less time and effort to just answer the questions if he was able to.

Even academicly Shikamaru was great but as i said he was too LAZY to write the goddamn answers. Also i don't recall him doing anything there it was all Ino that did the work.
Also let me say my own opinion on that quote:
Did that stopped Jiraya to train Naruto when they were searching for Tsunade? Oh he just taught him a A-class tehnique nothing big no?
Also he was the whole frigging time with him unlike Tsunade with Sakura which btw had to read a HUGE amount of books and also memorize them.

Actually Jiraiya spent minimal time teaching Naruto. He showed him a part of the technique and told Naruto to duplicate it. Additionaly Rasengan could be practiced while travelling as it didn't have incredibly flashy effects that did a huge amount of damage. Taijutsu and the uses of Kage bunshin (Which appears to be Naruto's largest growth area so far) Would be much harder to practice while walking.
False. So the Chidori took 20 years to develop? Funny kakashi couldn't have been more than 14 when he first used it. Or the Rasengan 20 years when Jiraya states it took the fourth 3 years to fully develop it?
I also find Sasuke's growth ridiculously big but it goes into one direction not like Sakura.

Not true. Kakashi's chidori was only mastered with the aid of teh sharingan. And Jiraiya said Rasengan took the fourth 3 years to MASTER. If I recall correctly we have seen no proof to say that Jiraiya didn't create the technique, and Jiraiya was the Fourth's instructer.
Also we have seen Sasuke fight for all of twenty seconds. During that time he not only displayed an entire new type of mastery over the sharingan, but swordsmanship and a complete revision of the chidori. Now if you would be so kind as to explain how that equates to ONE direction?
Meanwhile Sakura has learned one attacking trick that probably wasn't that hard for her to learn (Given that she already had near perfect chakra control, and a teacher who was incredibly experienced in using that technique) and medical jutsu. And she appeared substantially weaker then Sasuke.
Additionaly Kakashi flat out said that a signature technique takes around 20 years to develope. I can show you the manga page if you want me too.
Yes but time is required no matter what you say it's imposible even for nins to get that good in just 2 and a half years.

Because Sasuke grew so much less then Sakura, and Kakashi required all that long period of time to make it to jounin level, etc. Face it Naruto is full of people who grow at unrealistically fast speeds.
Lee trained day and night to get stronger, Sasuke didn't beat them and if i recall corectly they were holding back.

And Sakura was finally starting to show some of the same drive about her training that Lee has always had. Additionaly we haven't really seen that many flashbacks of the three years, so for all we know Sakura managed to train just that hard towards the goal of being able to help bring Sasuke back.
Additionaly while Sasuke didn't beat them, he was doing a lot more to him then he was to them during the fight. And I doubt they were holding back that much.
Again the issue with Naruto:
His huge chakra made it impossible for them to do those jutsu's The KB on the other hand with the huge chakra requirments though was perfect for him.

Again show me proof as to the lower level techniques being impossible with too much chakra. Also about the KB being perfect for Naruto, thats the exact situation Sakura is in with medical jutsu.
EDIT: I am writing a Med Nin Naruto fic but i found a few ways to pass over the main problems raised here.

Hmm... Interesting, I'll be sure to take a look at that if you post it.[/quote]
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas