Panda Bear fell on me RanmaXRoad House

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Panda Bear fell on me RanmaXRoad House

Postby acerabus » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:59 pm

It has become almost a tradition in my family to watch Road House together. As we were watching it struck me that it could make a very interesting crossover with Ranma.
They take place in roughly the same time frame, and Dalton and Ranma have similar personalities.
My idea was that Ranma would get locked somehow and then Genma would, in his infinite brilliance (note the sarcasm), disown her and forbid her from practicing the Saotome style of anything goes. She would then (knowing that there was no future for a ronin in Japan) leave the country and go to America. While in America she would create her own fighting style (a combination of street fighting and the other martial arts styles she knows) to replace anything goes. Then she would meet Wade Garrett and he would become her mentor like he did Dalton and he would teach her "how to be nice till it was time to not be nice". And with Ranma being locked there would be an unimaginable increase in the "I thought you'd be bigger" comments.

That's as far as I thought into the fic.
The concept struck me as hilarious and amazing at the same time.
I would love to write this fic, but I know I couldn't do it justice with my writing skills so if anyone would like to write this I won't hold it against them in fact I encourage it.
You can even change the back story as you need for your story.
acerabus
Senshi Cadet

Return to Ideas