Ranma/Darkstalkers (with room for random cameos)

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma/Darkstalkers (with room for random cameos)

Postby Epsilon » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:45 am

After buying the first compilation volume of the Udon Darkstalkers comic and reading the Plot FAQ posted by Saiki on GameFAQs.com, I came up with this. Yes, I'll have to borrow the old classic "Maiden Nodoka" to incorporate Ranma into this but I think it should be worth it to explain generic story details.
There were three high nobles who maintained the balance of power in the Makai. Belial of the House of Aensland governed the land with his raw power and never sought to maintain iron control. Galnan of the House of Voshtal was the "Brain of Makai" with an unrivaled information network. Then there was the youngest of the three, Jedah of the House of Dohma who believed that Belial had to be destroyed to prevent the Makai from growing old and decaying.
When Galnan died of old age (32,000 years), the family's power diminished and some lower members, knowing that they could be easy prey for unscrupulous nobles like Demitri Maximov, used the Gate to transport to the human world. The Voshtal bloodline remained dormant as it was not needed. The Makai had a sense of stability under Belial and Jedah would not challenge him, being torn apart by the Gate after trying to absorb too much power from it.
Originally, Galnan's information network consisted of low-intelligence demons from the Inkai, a realm just beyond the Makai. Over the years, their exposure to Galnan's desire to maintain the balance of power lead them to develop a better intelligence. And so, they looked after the descendants of the Voshtal family in secret (as the original lower members hid their Darkstalker heritage) as a form of repaying their former master for 'educating' them.
One day, the Inkai demons discovered a disturbing fact. Belial Aensland was slowly dying, a consequence of ripping space open to cast Demitri to the human world. It would not be long until he passes away and when that happens, chaos in the Makai is a certainty. Add to the fact that they also sense a twisted and powerful presence heading towards the Earth. After deliberating on a course of action, a decision is made. They will make contact with the family member who had the largest source of dormant power lying within and prepare him/her to face the challenges lying ahead so that stability will be preserved. Three guesses as to who that is, folks...

So there are many ways that this fic could be done. The Inkai demons could contact Ranma as a young child (probably around Nekoken training period) so that we get a different teenage Ranma by the time we get to Nerima. Or they could contact him at a later time (perhaps after he gets his standard special techniques in the series).
I haven't given thought as to whether Jedah should be revived or not. Although game canon says he does get revived, his absence may prove to be a good impact on the story just as his presence would.
As for romantic interests, we have the usual Ranma girls but I also want to try and include Lilith (which is possible given certain rearrangements), Hsien Ko and her sister Lei-Lei, a teenage Anita (who could still be emotionless, on the way to recovery or fully recovered), Q-Bee and a teenage BB Hood. I would prefer not to use Morrigan or Felicia too much since they already command a large portion of the spotlight in other Darkstalkers fics.
Why doesn't this forum properly show up when I put in the site address on my AOL browser? - Epsilon after the 100th time trying to check Fukufics from home
Epsilon
Senshi Candidate

Return to Ideas