the death and rebirth of ranma saotome

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: the death and rebirth of ranma saotome

Postby fatman » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 am

Galatea was TRAINED by cadmus. This was how she was able to match supergirl and it was specifically mentioned by Galatea.

Skill are not imparted by their mindlink. Supergirl dreamed of Galatea training, but supergirl did not get any of galatea's combat skill.

If you say that clone RAnma has no mindlink to real RAnma, then how would clone ranma even know of Ranma's life? You said that clone Ranma wants to save real Ranma from the abuse, but there is no way clone Ranma would know of the abuse. Much of the happenings on in the household are private affairs that no one outside is witness to. That would be like trying to get a complete stranger to "rescue" Ranma from Akane by managing to deduce his entire life from just seeing Ranma and Akanae in school.

Ranma being cloned by cadmus means that they got a fresh meat body... but no Genma, no Happosai, no Cologne, no weird life, no special techniques and exposure to unique sources, no curse. Even if cadmus hired the top martial artists of the world to train the Ranma clone, it wouldn''t have the 10+ years of fighting experience that the actual Ranma has. Galatea matched supergirl because galatea did nothing but train in her short life but supergirl was sort of a slacker (At least to green lantern's eyes). Real Ranma practically lives to train. I find it hard to believe that clone Ranma will even make a dent against the entire of NWC then almost beat Ranma,

And why clone a normal 16 year old? "fascinates them" won't cut it. Likely, they'll clone saffron instead and then train him, rather than work with Ranma.

The third scneario makes the smallest sense. You keep stressing that Ranma has no super human powers... but he can analyze matter, superhuman abilities, plus energy maniuplation.
fatman
Initiate

Postby toushin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:30 pm

fatman wrote:Galatea was TRAINED by cadmus. This was how she was able to match supergirl and it was specifically mentioned by Galatea.

Skill are not imparted by their mindlink. Supergirl dreamed of Galatea training, but supergirl did not get any of galatea's combat skill.

If you say that clone RAnma has no mindlink to real RAnma, then how would clone ranma even know of Ranma's life? You said that clone Ranma wants to save real Ranma from the abuse, but there is no way clone Ranma would know of the abuse. Much of the happenings on in the household are private affairs that no one outside is witness to. That would be like trying to get a complete stranger to "rescue" Ranma from Akane by managing to deduce his entire life from just seeing Ranma and Akanae in school.

Ranma being cloned by cadmus means that they got a fresh meat body... but no Genma, no Happosai, no Cologne, no weird life, no special techniques and exposure to unique sources, no curse. Even if cadmus hired the top martial artists of the world to train the Ranma clone, it wouldn''t have the 10+ years of fighting experience that the actual Ranma has. Galatea matched supergirl because galatea did nothing but train in her short life but supergirl was sort of a slacker (At least to green lantern's eyes). Real Ranma practically lives to train. I find it hard to believe that clone Ranma will even make a dent against the entire of NWC then almost beat Ranma,

And why clone a normal 16 year old? "fascinates them" won't cut it. Likely, they'll clone saffron instead and then train him, rather than work with Ranma.

The third scneario makes the smallest sense. You keep stressing that Ranma has no super human powers... but he can analyze matter, superhuman abilities, plus energy maniuplation.

i never said the clone didn't have a mindlink in fact i specifically said he did. plus c-ranma is a result of genetic engineering then outright cloning he will at first have all the memories of the original but they will be wiped leaving just the memories that cadmus wants him to have similar to the ultiman. so cadmus may not know all that happens in ranma's life c-ranma will.

becuase this 16 year old boy was able to freeze himself withstand mountain sized fireballs and create tornados

i said the c-ranma would have those powers after his ressurection, i got the idea from the last doctor who special. as his body and life force start to break down, causing him to have to drain other peoples life force, new abilities start develop. think of it as a significantly weaker version of silver surfers powers only uning ki. the new abilities is his body compensating for its near death stat fighting to keep itself alive. thus the uncontrolable hunger and the drive to drain life force.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby toushin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:43 am

how bout this instead of c-ranma's new powers being an accident gorrilla grodd could resurect him and put those powers and limitations in the new body as a way to control him. when c-ranma escapes the legion of doom and learns and finds out he has this unnatural hunger and is forced to go back, might lead to a great plot device.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:24 pm

*Sigh* How did I not notice this...? I think I gave it a bye just because the massive painful-to-read block of text looked slightly different than the other times.

Toushin... stop it. Seriously, just stop it.

You've posted the exact same idea four times now.

It's more developed each time, which is to your credit, but I've said it before and will say it again. You have one idea. That merits one thread. If you're further developing the idea, just update the thread. Make a new post! It bumps the thread to the top, and leaves us with one thread to go to for all development of this idea. And doesn't clog up the forum with fourteen iterations of the exact same idea.

New idea, new thread. Old idea (this), update the old thread.

I've merged all four copies of this idea into one thread. Toushin, if we see one more thread for this same idea, you will not be allowed back on the forum.

As it is, you are now on a three-week temporary ban. You can return Sunday, March 21st. This is your third official warning.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Previous

Return to Ideas