The Black and Red Roses of St. Hebereke Girls' Academy

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: The Black and Red Roses of St. Hebereke Girls' Academy

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Uh, when does Ranma use "Ranko" except when he's hiding from Nodoka as a girl? I'm pretty sure that he willingly drops that name once the secret comes out, and once it does, I don't really think he'd like to use it again, seeing as how he didn't like being forced to use it in the first place. I mean, would you really want to have to constantly be reminded of how you had to pretend to be someone else because you were afraid your own mother would order you killed?
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:08 pm

but the one idea of everyone sitting around boucing differnt names around with both good and very bad ideas is kinda funny though for a short scene.....
it does sounds like it could be fun to read and the idea of kodichi being normal under the loon gig is cool though.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Mark Davis » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:34 am

The name question should be moot. Ranma fights Kodachi at St. Hebereke as a girl, and declares that her name is Ranma Saotome, very early on in the manga. Kodachi (and also Kuno) still do not realize that the two different people with the exact same name are in any way related.
Mark Davis
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:08 am

Mark Davis wrote:The name question should be moot. Ranma fights Kodachi at St. Hebereke as a girl, and declares that her name is Ranma Saotome, very early on in the manga. Kodachi (and also Kuno) still do not realize that the two different people with the exact same name are in any way related.

Yep.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:15 am

That is true, but it wasn't Kodachi I was referring to when I suggested Ranma might use a false name. Particularly as this is based on the manga continuity, Ranma's curse isn't that much of a secret, and while the Kunos are oblivious, that doesn't mean the other girls at Hebereke are unaware.

SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Mark Davis » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:31 pm

It's possible. I doubt Ranma would use the name Ranko though. If Ranma wanted to hide who he was, he would probably come up with a name and disguise similar to what he uses when fooling Ryoga... and would be discovered just as quickly.

That's one option anyway. ^_^
Mark Davis
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:02 pm

SpaceKnight of Chaos wrote:That is true, but it wasn't Kodachi I was referring to when I suggested Ranma might use a false name. Particularly as this is based on the manga continuity, Ranma's curse isn't that much of a secret, and while the Kunos are oblivious, that doesn't mean the other girls at Hebereke are unaware.

I wonder if there are really that many people who know about the curse. If that was the case people would probably constantly bother Ranma with it. But it seems really no one cares. And how many St. Hebereke students would know about it. We don't see St. Hebereke and Furinkan interact at all outside of the Martial Arts Gymnastics tournament. And even if the St. Hebereke girls should have heard about the curse, I doubt that many would know what Ranma looks like. And if Ranma uses a different name no one in St. Hebereke would ever suspect him.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:21 pm

That's kind of the point I was making. Ranma knows that something like 99% of St. Hebereke's don't know about the two Ranma Saotomes being the same person, but there's still that 1%: if so much as one girl is able to reason that "she" is actually the crossdresser/cursed guy (he does have a reputation as the former thanks to the curse) from Furinkan, she's going to tell everyone else about it, and that will cause a riot. Remember, Ranma is going to be forced to use the girl's bathroom, the girl's showers and the girl's locker room while attending Hebereke: he's going to be living the voyeur's dream. That he won't spy on them, and doesn't want to spy on them, won't matter to the real girls: all they will care about is that there is a boy watching them dress, undress, and take baths. If Ranma's secret comes out at St. Hebereke, he won't be considered a freak like he was at Furinkan, he'll be thrown out, if not lynched! It's in Ranma's best interest to avoid being recognized, which is why I suggested he would use a false name... which also raises the possibility of a lampshade hanging where one "native" asks why she's calling herself, say, Yoiki Hibiki when she called herself "Ranma Saotome" in that match, with Ranma struggling to come up with an explanation.

SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Anchoku » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:23 am

One of the problems I have with Ranma going to St. Hebereke is that the school is a private Catholic (in the Japanese sense) school. Where does the tuition money come from as it is not a public school like Furinkan? Granted some thematic private schools have lower standards for entrance than other private schools but there would still be an exam to take.

A similar idea I have been chewing on is a cross-over with Maria+Holic but Ranma has too much baggage to just up and leave for Ame no Kisaki. As interesting as it might seem to write about Ranma bein molested and bullied by Miyamae and Shidou respectively, I struggle with a believable explanation for the transfer.
Anchoku
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:10 pm

I think that I wrote in the initial idea here (or was it over at Hawk's Fanfiction Forum) that Ranma would get a scholarship (arranged by Kuno somehow)

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby AshK1980 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Yes you did. It seems like an excellent idea. That is definitely one story I would enjoy reading. It sounds very interesting.
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby eoneed » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:14 am

It seems like an excellent idea. That is definitely one story I would enjoy reading.

Agree all the way :P
"The more that I saw
The further I'd fall
The further I'd fall
The lower I'd crawl
I kept fallin' into the fire "

The Seatbelts - "Gotta Knock A Little Harder"
eoneed
Senshi Cadet

Previous

Return to Ideas