2.5 years of story Ideas

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

2.5 years of story Ideas

Postby Chirishman » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:11 pm

Well I have a lot of ideas, not all of which are fleshed out ore explained well. If you find one of the me interesting feel free to write it or if you would like me to explain one please feel free to ask. Just a warning, there is some random crap mixed in so please excuse that, I've had this all in a text file sitting on my desktop for 2 or 3 years. It's 15k which is larger than some fics that I've read so I figured that the sheer amount of ideas would hopefully make up for the fact that all of them aren't all that well explained. Some of these are just ideas for fic elements, ideas for events in a story. It's a mix and match type deal. Please give credit if you end up using any of these. Please be kind.
Generic Ranma/SM cross using Air Akane to get an injured Ranma to Juban where Hotaru heals Ranma with her powers and things go from there. Fairly stock until Ranma goes with the senshi to save Hotaru from Mistress Nine and ends up absorbing Pharaoh 90's power.
i don't care if he transfigured it into a harmonica and used it to play god save the queen, i want it back. (Harry about his wand after being released from Askaban or similar situatoins)
what is with "I'm sorry to hear that"? shoudn't it be "I'm sorry that happened"?
Grey Jedi using all emotions, balance, like a red mage in FF
Ranma Saotome, the boy who lived.
Potters and Longbottoms switch babies
Ramna and/or Harry Potter Terminator crossover
Dumbledore destabilized the wards around Hogwarts when he created the tunnel to the Shrieking Shack
Skelegrow and healing charms to regrow limbs
pushing up daisies no jutsu
everything that happened in the Naruto series so far was a halucination causedby the the Mangekyo Sharningan. It all happened in Sasuke's head and he's just waking up in the hospital.
naruto as a civvie (civillian)
soun's fountains of tears are actually a ki technique
surprised hiei being kissed by shampoo
Guard (trying to block Itachi from entering): look, i just want to know who you are and what you're doing here
Itachi: don't we all?/if i knew that i would be a much happier man. *kills guard*
reiquarium meet rezoquarium (both have lots and lots of clones lying around)
I shall eat your soul for it is squishy and tastes good on toast
(minor self revalation) I am the Orochimaru of fanfiction (Orochimaru strives to aquire every Jutsu ever. I strive to aquire every good fanfic ever (of the serieses that I read). I have over a gig of fanfiction in text only and HTML files on my hard drive.)
Orochimaru the alien bodysnatcher
subspace pockets/wormhole rings
danny phantom "going goth"
eva/ranma/narnia crossover
were-ranma immune to silver when not exudeing battle aura.
what if Ranma was a were something or other and were-Ranma was immune to silver when not exuding battle aura? because in Golddigger it says specifically that the reason that werecreatures are harmed by silver is that their aura is their soul and their soul is vulnerable to silver. since ranma can control his aura and a werecreature's aura is his or her soul then he could pull in his soul in order to stop it from touching the silver even if his body does.
ranma jing crossover (Jing is a thief, Genma is a thief. Genma has Ranma learn from Jing)
what if Ranma had kept his stupid mouth shut and not insulted Akane as he left in episode 1? would he have made it back to China?
ranma/naruto/HP xover all protecting loved ones and have a moment power in battle, which allowed them to win, harry against voldemort, ranma agianst saffron, naruto against ?, then after the battle they are pulled together and end up in someone's head.
ranma using ki to boost akane and other enemies
like what if Ranma was using Ki to boost Akane's strength and the power and other enemies like Ryoga in order to make them a challenge?
hogwarts random hallways and stuff as a defense mechanism in case of an attack.
dumbledore intentionally created Voldemort in an attempt to create a pet darklord, and is repeating the experiment with Harry to further his own dark ends (Grindelwald too?)
what if malfoy had seen harry faint in chapter 2 of Dumbledore's Army
Avada created a link between harry and Voldemort and took half of both of their life force/life expectancy. Voldemort was already over half way so he 'died' but leeched off of newborn Harry's, thus Harry has the remaining life force (assuming an 80 year life) to live to be twenty unless he kills Voldie and regains what has been stolen "neither can live while the other survives"
forking someone to death
Voldemort inside Harry like the kyuubi is in Naruto
The power of a vampire is limited by that of the vampire who turned them, thus the first vampire has limitless potential because he was never turned, born vampires have similar but lesser potential.
slave of dragons little shop of horors refference herbology class.
in harry potter there is a difference between having the power to do something and having the ability to do it.
Better Days chapter 2 end "Obito says hello Kakashi."
Little Green Men Incorperated
eva/FMA crossover rezing the souls in the evas with alchemy and science.
Remus Lupin - Lupin the III
Thick is dimWitted. His partner is a red whistle.
there is a lot of dramatic irony in Farseer and Tawny Man
OPENING CREDITS BY
Rochester and Adele as the emo Batman and Robin
mind, list of things I own, Both are blank
Ranma school play of Harry Potter as Voldemort transported
eye transplant only good reason for a monacle
ki to water, water to ki like in suiton jutsu (suiton jutsus turn chakra into water. shouldn't their logically be a way to turn water into chakra and both supercharge oneself and or recharge oneself when tired)
Kakashi's team showing up 10 hours late to make him wait for once
blood will be spilled in this chapter *knocks over goblet of blood*
anyone else see the problem with the door sucking someone into the vault without even alerting the Goblins? A criminal could destroy priceless items inside the vault, or could lie in wait and assasinate someone as they went to get something from their vault.
Kakashi's mask = Ryouga's bandanna
the magic water at Jusendo infuses ranma with lots of magic. what effects could this have? will ranma learn magic?
flash mob in Nerima
the bad things that happen to Ranma especially with getting together with akane are the Ultimate Force. someone made a wish. but who and what was the exact wish?
ranma comes across an village in china where everyone has been murdered by bandits. He burries the corpses and fixes up the village and gains the good will of the spirits of the dead. perhapse the people actually were magic users or something arcane.
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20 ... s_tec.html
glasses that link to brain like prostetic limbs so that you can focus them with your mind.
Yura of the Hair is BOSS
hide soul in a MOUNTAIN, DESTROY THAT DUMBASS HERO!!!!!
When crossdressing girl (girl dressed as guy) is revealed by being seen without shirt dumb guy (like Gourry) says asks if "he" was bitten by a misquito.
"indescribably decent"
comic: itachi walks up, kicks a kitten, walks away whistling with little evil smile. or kitten walks up meows at him and hi kicks it away and smiles.
video game: grand theft auto style game set in japan. Great Teacher Azrael or GTA!!! (this idea combines Grand Theft Auto, Azrael from the OutpostNine blog, and Great Teacher Onizuka)
like a mushroom, keep it in the dark and keep the shit coming.
if whores are called "ceiling experts" so what does that make Shinji?
Ethan (Ctrl-Alt-Del) could PC game in the shower. Waterproof keyboard and seal the monitor.
Voldemort breaks the rules of evil overlorddom
Harry Potter following the rules of being an evil overlord and beating voldy (power he knows not)
Draco wants to be a lumberjack and he's ok
Harry goes insane and _thinks_ that he has come back from the future (I've begun writing this one http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2921155/1/)
Harry comes back in time but hides it by pretending to be a seer. Fakes a prophesy about Snape killing Dumbledore etc.
Voldemort gets a hold of the evil overlord list.
Potters are Ninjas and Harry survived because the mirrored Ninja headband reflected the killing curse
ranma to ranko: the whole puppydog eye thing stopped having an effect on me when I started practicing it in the mirror
WIAWR What If Akane Was Right? secret personalities or magic making it so
security camera tapes ranma healing in the hospital, doctors assume that it's a timelapse video of someone healing but then see timestamp and want to examine him. (happens as child after nekoken? or after wedding attempt?)
mamoru's powers have been split by somethig that happened in the silver millenium. that's why he sucks so bad. maybe involving a friend or brother at the end of the silver millenium, possibly ranma.
'wild horse' in spanish or latin as fic title
"hah you're predecessors couldn't defeat me what makes you think you'll be any different?" "We have POCKY!"
add to evil overlord, will take utility belts + will unmask any masked opponents as soon as i have tied them up, i will not wait for a huge unmasking ceremony or something
ranma learns to lie.
Alternate: Ranma knows how to lie and has been lying, following a basic tennant of lying: Lie poorly about the small stuff so that when it comes to the big lies they don't suspect you.
ranma fakes his own death, lives a nice life and doesn't get found by anyone in nerima, lives under new name, maybe "wild horse" in another language maybe the anthropological name for a wild horse. maybe, MAYBE comes back years later when he is happy sees Tofu and visits in such a way as he will not be traced back to where he fled to. doesn't bring any of his friends with him or if he does then he will have them be invisible. ranma learns to lie before comeing back.
ranma version of the "evil overlord" list, if I were ranma list. I WOULD LIKE HELP WITH THIS (the evil overlord list was the collective effort of an entire mailinglist)
sleeping spell that can only be broken by castor for HP (fixing the flaw in stupefy and paralisis charms, incapacitating without killing or needing to snap a wand). use on death eaters. Sleeping beauty style spell, halts aging and simulates death. Combine with intention instead of wording casting? Say 'avada' so enemies think that the people are killed?
harry potter day commemorates fall of voldemort. How does harry react to the celebration of the day when his parents were killed? Why are their no magical holidays like that? Dumbledore Day for the defeat of Voldemort? Why do heros get no recognition at all?
kasumi was a hellion before her mother's death and takes care of the family becasue she feels responsible. Ranma just walks up to her one day and tells her that it wasn't her fault and that her mother would not have wanted her to waste her life being miserable. Kasumi is crying on the inside.
guardian angel of a shonen character. maybe they meet yu yu hakusho
Male character in Tamora Pierce's world that works as hard as the girls do.
Shampoo cuts Akane's face to make her look ugly to ranma. this results in a massive change in Akane's personality.
come to the dark side, we have cookies *sits around and waits* "Hm..." *crosses cookies out writes 'pocky'* *stampede ensues*
"Ranma" said the random kami "it's not so much that there isn't anything on television in heaven. It's more like we're the directors and your life is the televison show."
Ranma as Hephaestus's aprentice. What could he create if, from a young age, he aplied his focus and talent for learning to smithing and forging instead of or on top of martial arts. Learing to use his own weapons and armor would give him a closer tie to them and aid him greatly in learning the usages and advantages of weapons as well as their faults and weaknesses.
Shampoo actually gets Ranma with a love potion but a few years later he breaks the spell and goes nutzoid on the amazon village. maybe ends up with Saffron or Herb for a while after that. Takes Amazon scrolls and artefacts. Kills all elders and adults, Xi Fan Gao Shaitsu's the kids.
Genma told that he has become just as bad as Happosai and rethinks his life.
unicorn's blood, willingly given. what would the uses be?
power over technique, technique is 10 times more important than power. Ranma kicks Goku's ass becasue he uses his smaller power more acurately and in a more focused way.
Ranma modifies the Kiijin Raishu Dan to enable him to create a vaccume and allow him to fly. or maybe use Mousse's Hidden Weapons technique to create subspace pockets which suck in air which and compress it using ki once compressed pockets switch and the lift is augmented by expelling the air from new openings in the subspace pockets made below the flier. Any of these would take less ki than a dragonball z type move which essentially _blasts_ the person in question forward with shitloads of ki or than an Herb-esque technique which is essenially lots of little ki blasts and relies on his huge ki resevior to work. Ranma will not have Uber Ki. He will simply be much better at using what he has.
A Spirit Bomb that isn't completely unfocused. Super concentrated to the size of a normal Ki blast. At the start of a battle Goku goes off into a corner and asks to borrow ki. when he is done he passes it to Ranma all at once and Ranma who actually has decent Ki control compresses it. Ki is exponentially more powerful the more contained it is just like normal explosives. Physics biotch.
Ranma-as-a-soldier fic: launches hot sand out of catapults at the opponants.
an actual good history of magic class that covers merlin and the first war against voldemort etc
Harry that has been abducted by aliens and lived in space for a while comes back to the wizarding world with the notion that anything sentient deserves to be treated as a person.
let sleeping Dragons lie/never tickle sleeping dragons: Waking Draco Malfoy up for class in the mornings
Harry is Dracula
Ranma grows up again. The mushrooms made him a kid and he grew up again from being a little kid. Uses mushrooms for immortality?
harry potter in Slytherin fic title title "Look like the innocent flower" and see if anyone gets the reffrence:
Lady Macbeth, Scene v
Look like the innocent flower,
But be the serpent under 't.
first law of fanfiction, Characters either go clothes shopping immediately and then never again or never go at all.
first rule of nerima, don't attack the non-combatants. or Ranma kills you with a spoon. you don't want to know how he does that.
(ranma meets someone from outside of nerima who, as usual in fanfiction, doesn't blame Ranma for things that aren't his fault) Ranma: Rational...behavior....does.not.compute.......ERROR ERROR *RanmaOS procedes to have a kernal panic* FATAL ERROR! (also, I haven't seen 'RanmaOS' in fics in a while)
Ranma: I got in a bit of a fight. Sorry about this. *passes out on the floor and commences to bleed on the carpet*
bishis/fantasizing schoolgirls activate a special secret martial arts technique that creates the special effects we see in anime and manga. Kuno uses this technique conciously for his speeches (thunder). what else could it be used for? Inspired by the Bishionen Support team.
Ranma masters and improves on Mousse's hidden weapons technique, creating dimensional holes instead of subspace pockets allowing him to pull forth crossover weapons.
Harry learns an improved summoning spell that pulls whatever he wants out of nowhere.
most wizards have wells of magic in varying sizes, this allows them to draw on ambient magic. Harry generates his own. Because of this, Harry's magic is not affected by the anchient spell binding magic's effects to words and is rather effected by his intentions.
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Started-in-P ... ee-Running ranma/Harry the streetrat/aladin?
Hokage Naruto, the big Kahona of Konoha.
Ranma is child again and gets a fresh start at life.
Xmen Evolution Widescreen Edition, Now you can see the guy just off screen doing the guitar feedback everytime Avalanche makes a quake
Ranma Saotome: Interdimensional Fixit guy
and then out of nowhere it began to rain. "Kami-sama man, you need cable." Ranma said to the sky.
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2006/06/2 ... 0621110000
Use this talking wallpaper in something
a crossover where the new series doesn't come in until several chapters in.
Last edited by Chirishman on Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chirishman
Senshi Cadet

Postby bissek » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:36 pm

There is a fanfic out there with a Hiei/Shampoo pairing (This is caused by Hiei knocking Shampoo out after she takes offense at Kuwabara trying to adopt neko-Shampoo). It's called 'Friends Old and New'( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2060184/1/). It also features Kurama/Kasumi and Kurama/Kodachi (At least, Kodachi thinks there's a Kurama/Kodachi pairing. Nobody else does). It hasn't updated in two months.
There is also a good NGE/FMA crossover out there, entitled 'Fullmetal Evangelion' (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2412400/1/). Several members of the FMA cast end up in Tokyo-3 in time for episode 1 of NGE. It hasn't been updated since last Christmas, and the fifth Angel hasn't shown up yet.
There was one instance of Draco Malfoy singing the lumberjack song. It's in 'Harry Potter and the Manipulator of Destiny' (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2771223/1/). Unfortunately, it wasn't very well executed, and was pretty much in the background of a second prank. In this story, they made captured Death Eaters stay captured by turning them into Spam and stacking tins full of them in the Weasley's basement. I'm suprised there aren't more HP fanfics out there filled with Monty Python jokes. The main character is named for a Monty Python character, after all (NOT KIDDING. Harold Potter was the name of the first person to be turned into a Scotsman by blancmanges from Andromeda in the science fiction sketch. As the wizard Harry is the son of a prankster and a muggleborn, this can't be a coincidence).
Lupin III's full name is Arsene Lupin III, so he and Remus are different people. There's nothing to prevent them from being related, though.
Here's an idea for the pool: All of the behavior in Nerima is due to a complicated religion centered around Ranma. Important rituals include the Communion of Mallets and the Benediction of the Glomp.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby Chirishman » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:19 pm

I've read Friends Old and New, that's where the idea came from. I couldn't get it out of my head until i wrote it down somewhere. As I said there are random things in there too.
Thanks for the Fic link for the FMA EVA fic, I hadn't seen any of those so I wrote that down to apease my own concience (it's kind of like a to do list, you know the kind where nothing on it ever gets done?)
I hadn't ever seen any Monty Python jokes in Harry Potter fics before myself but I was struck by a Draco Malfoy "I'm so misunderstood" speach in a bad fic. You know, the "I never wanted to be a Deatheater" thing? (a little bit of background, I have a masochistic facination with bad fanfiction. I can't stop reading it, it's like watching a trainwreck in slow motion, again, and again, and again.) Suddenly in my head I saw him saying "I never wanted to be a Deatheater! I wanted to be...A LUMBERJACK!" the song would go nicely with the overly slashy aura that seems to pervade Harry Potter fanfiction.
I know Lupin III's first name, the Lupin idea was for more of an AU than a crossover, so either Remus is Lupin III and that's why he has a connection to the marauders (partners in crime (JK Rowling never says exactly what any of the Marauders' actuall jobs were)) or he's Lupin III's son (Lupin IV) and hyjinks ensue.
I've also added a link for my HP timetravel fic parody fic (it makes sense I swear)
Chirishman
Senshi Cadet

Return to Ideas