Ranma/One Piece crossover

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Ranma/One Piece crossover

Postby Lioconvoy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Er well it's up to you. But I could see Ranma joining Luffy's crew. Even if they are Pirates that tend to do the right thing. I can also see him and Zoro constantly getting into fights over the fist being better than the sword and such. Course that leave Sanji with less of a foil, but I think he'd be more than happy Ranma keeps Zoro off his back.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 pm

Sanji would be constantly angry at Ranma for not appreciating Nami or for being rude (in Sanji's opinion) to her.
So I see this situation as more a free-for-all-three. :D
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Cheb wrote:Sanji would be constantly angry at Ranma for not appreciating Nami or for being rude (in Sanji's opinion) to her.
So I see this situation as more a free-for-all-three. :D

Sounds plausible.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby 3geekeD » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:19 am

I agree with not using Devil fruit powers is the best idea for this. But this sounds like a really interesting idea.
3geekeD
Initiate

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:41 am

Thx. I thought some more about the sotry and I cam up with an interesting reason for Ranma to be in Impel Down. While he's trying to avoid the Marine he hears some interesting information. Apparently there's someone who can change the gender of people. Finding out about the imprisonment of Ivankov he comes up with a stupid idea: getting arrested voluntarily to look for the Okama Queen in Impel Down. I think this is something canon!Ranma would come up with too. After all Ranma 1/2 is filled with stupid planning.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby toushin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:41 am

i think your best bet would to have ranma trying to save a slave from the Tenryūbito or even have ranma-chan beat the crap out of them for trying to make her a slave. then while in prison have him have him hear about after he is imprisoned. iva seems to only turn people into women, especially if they anger him, and i don't see ranma staying in that refuge which could explain why a virtual nobody would be in level 6.

being as the one piece world is mostly water ranma would most likely spend most of his time as a girl, and as Bon Kurei has shown even if he knows your a man when you look like a girl he can attack you. so ranma would most likely see sanji as a more exceptable kuno.

also i dont really know why but i think robin and ranma would make a good matchup. both have had troubled tramatic lives, both have trouble fitting in with normal society they just seem to fit to gether
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:15 am

The only seen Transformation of Iva's was turning the prince who wanted to kill him into a woman. But Iva stated that there were those among his followers that used to be women. Not to mention he's changed the sisor guy back and forth.

Thing is I think Ranma being from another world would be an excuse for Iva's powers not work on him. Even though he has the same biology. Either that or his curse might prevent it.

As for how sending him to Impel Down, how about having one of the Tenryūbito try to make Ranma his wife and Ranma beats the crap out of him in retaliation.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:16 am

Ranma beating up a Tenryūbito is a given and the story starts in Impel Down anyway. I think it's funnier if Iva refuses to change Ranma as he sees the curse as a gift.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:03 am

I think it's funnier if Iva refuses to change Ranma as he sees the curse as a gift.

I wanted to suggest that but you were faster :)
The bickering between those two could be incredibly funny. :roll:
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:36 am

Especially if Ranma keeps pestering him.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:01 am

Interesting new One Piece chapter. Haki has finally been explained. It's kinda like ki, but there are three different kinds of haki. I still think that ki is superior.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:22 am

In the immortal words of Red Alert's Albert Einstein...

Time will tell. Sooner or later... time will tell.

This isn't regarding whether ki is superior to haki or not. I'm just happy that Oda finally covered the topic.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:51 am

The matter of Ki is a murky concept. It's rarely used as just plain "ki", it's almost always "<something>ki".

For example, I run the Japanese version of the Treasure of the red cat gang game. The bar titled "Ki" in the English translation is really "闘気" or "Douki" - "battle spirit", often translated as "battle aura". The Ranma characters rarely use pure "Ki" word (and it always is surrounded by quotes). In most cases they refer to "Douki".
The famous "killing intent" is 殺気, Satsuki.

So, "Ki" is the general concept, where "Haki", "Doki" or "Satsuki" are specific manifestations/uses. Therefore you cannot say "Haki is superior to Ki", it's the same as saying "Herring is superior to fish".
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Nice explanation.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:50 am

I'm actively working on the first chapter now. There's just one plot point I'm not sure about, the reason why Ranma is in Impel Down.

My first idea was that he let himself get imprisoned voluntarily as he has heard that Ivankov was imprisoned there and that he could help him with the curse.

However, I got another idea and I think that might be funnier and fit well into the story. The new idea has Ranma eating in a tavern when he suddenly gets very sleepy (at this point he already has a bounty of 220 million on his head). The next morning he wakes up to some ruckus and finds out he's sitting in a cell while outside some people are shouting about an Ace of some kind.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Ideas