Ranma/One Piece crossover

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma/One Piece crossover

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:45 am

Story starts when Luffy reaches level 6 of Impel Down. Trying to rescue Ace he notices that he’s too late.

Luffy realeases Sir Crocodile and Jinbei to get out of the prison when he hears someone else call from a neighboring prison.

Getting closer he sees a young man sitting there, his black hair in a pigtail and wearing Chinese clothes (guess who). He say he’s called Ranma and offers his help for his freedom. No one knows who Ranma is, but Luffy doesn’t see a reason not to free the unknown man. While they run away Ranma Luffy’s getting curious and Ranma quickly tells him why he was imprisoned. Satisfied with the answer, Luffy doesn’t ask any other questions and while they are still running Ranma thinks back to his arrival in this world and all that has happened to him here.

In this story Ranma is neither a pirate nor does he work for the World Government. But thinking back to the injustice of his imprisonment, just for doing what is right he might join Dragon and participate in the revolution.

Ranma was convicted because he knocked down a Tenryuubito who was about to shoot one of his slaves just for dropping a bag. Since attacking a Tenryuubito is a crime Ranma was quickly attacked by the Marine but he had no trouble dealing with them, and even Aokiji is powerless. He gets away and the Marine put a hefty bounty on his head.

A few days later he’s ambushed by a massive Marine force that even he can’t deal with and imprisoned in Impel Down.

The reason why Aokiji was powerless against Ranma is because of his own devil fruit ability. Ranma ate the ‘null null fruit’. It’s not a power up but makes Ranma immune to direct attacks by other devil fruit users.

For example, Ranma is completely immune to Ace’s fire ability, but if he’s in a burning house he can still be killed by the fallen debris.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Ranma/One Piece crossover

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:49 am

Jusenkyo curse + Devil Fruit = Drowning fast
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:54 am

Spokavriel wrote: Jusenkyo curse + Devil Fruit = Drowning fast

You're a pessimist, aren't you? :D

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:09 pm

I don't think Ranma needs the powerup or protection. Between that and his Martial arts he has an overwhelming advantage. Then take into account the ease of ending up overboard on smaller ships. Especially if you are trying to practice mid air combat techniques and a wave shifts the position of the boat.

Just saying I can see more ways for Ranma to drown fast if he doesn't give up the art on board ship than I do of him benefiting from a curse fruit in any way.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Spokavriel wrote: I don't think Ranma needs the powerup or protection. Between that and his Martial arts he has an overwhelming advantage. Then take into account the ease of ending up overboard on smaller ships. Especially if you are trying to practice mid air combat techniques and a wave shifts the position of the boat.

Just saying I can see more ways for Ranma to drown fast if he doesn't give up the art on board ship than I do of him benefiting from a curse fruit in any way.

I understand what you mean. But look at all the fruit users in the Marine. Do any of them drown? I just think it would be am interesting ability.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Why not have Akane there too with that Fruit? She can't swim anyway!
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Dumbledork wrote:I understand what you mean. But look at all the fruit users in the Marine. Do any of them drown? I just think it would be am interesting ability.

Only because someone's always on hand to help them out in case the worst happens. If Luffy hadn't told Zoro to rescue Smoker when the breakout at Rain Dinners took place, he would've met his end right there.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:20 pm

It's just with the water magnet and the fruit making it so you are no friend of the ocean. Those couldn't help but add to the problems each other cause. The only Jusenkyo victim I can think of who would deserve the Devil Fruit curse on top of it would be Genma because he has the Karma for it.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:58 pm

Well, Ranma gets constantly splashed, that's true, but he falls into the koi pond because he's fighting over it, he fell into the school pool because it was under the window he jumped out of. So saying that Ranma is automatically fated to fall into any pool of water nearby might be giving the water attraction part of the curse a bit too much of importance.

But hey, why not simply say that the devil fruti overrides the water attraction part of the curse? Well, why not? Since it can't happen anyways we'll never know.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:01 pm

You kill the water attraction and you cut out the down sides of the curse.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:53 pm

Uh, I don't actually know much about One Piece, so forgive me if I say something stupid, but isn't there a fruit that would have similar effects (less the water magnet part... and is that really part of the curse, or just a bit of fanon, anyway?) to Ranma's Jusenkyo Curse? And isn't the penalty for trying to eat a Devil Fruit after having already gained the powers of a different Devil Fruit death (as in, the conflicting power kills the fool)? So isn't it possible that Ranma's curse would actually preclude him from eating Devil Fruit?
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:33 pm

SpaceKnight of Chaos wrote:Uh, I don't actually know much about One Piece, so forgive me if I say something stupid, but isn't there a fruit that would have similar effects (less the water magnet part... and is that really part of the curse, or just a bit of fanon, anyway?) to Ranma's Jusenkyo Curse? And isn't the penalty for trying to eat a Devil Fruit after having already gained the powers of a different Devil Fruit death (as in, the conflicting power kills the fool)? So isn't it possible that Ranma's curse would actually preclude him from eating Devil Fruit?

Well, there's the Horu Horu no Mi... which allows a person control over hormones. The person could change their own gender at will, as well as the gender of anybody else. They could also change hair color, ethnic background, eye color, size, and just about anything of the body.

But I don't think it would be the same thing, since Jusenkyou doesn't prevent anybody from drowning, and it's a different kind of curse. The issue would be two Devil Fruits themselves.

As I said on TFF, I don't really think that the Devil Fruit power for Ranma is such a good idea in the long run. A Devil Fruitless Ranma could probably pull every resource he has into accomplishing what he needs. Haki or abilities similar to the CP9 that he could end up learning could help quite a bit.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:01 am

List the major fighters of the Straw Hat crew: Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Franky and maybe Chopper. Even if you list Chopper, there are still three that don't have/need devel fruit powerups to play with the heavy hitters.
Hell, Zoro fights on an almost even keel as Luffy.

You might say that all three 'normal' fighters are exceptional, having super human strength or cybornetics, but can you really say that Ranma doesnt have super human abilities as well? Curse not included, due to no real change in fighting capabilities other than a slight str to speed shift.

I dont see Ranma needing a fruit power. Just add some more Chi/Ki abilities, the list of which can be endless if you think about it,
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:53 am

IF Ranma had that NulNul fruit then he couldn't take advantage of Rubber Ditz's brother's flame ability setting up a really quick Hiryu Shoten Ha. Because the heat would have been nullified. And there are lots of other ways he could exploit the fruit abilities to make them disadvantages against Anything Goes. Giving him a Fruit is being lazy and really should just make it so he dies faster. Either by curse forced lack of coordination in contact with water (Really like that wouldn't be a painful handicap for a martial artist) Drowning, or Murder because what badguy with fruit abilities wouldn't hear of what extra fruit ability he got and target him right away?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Yeah, I've abandoned the devil fruit idea.

But I wonder how Ivankov would react to Ranma's curse. Probably inviting him in his group right away.
Last edited by Dumbledork on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Ideas