Ranma/One Piece crossover

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Ranma/One Piece crossover

Postby CRBWildcat » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:34 pm

I can actually picture that happening. 'Course, I can also imagine it creeping out Ranma to some degree or another, but still, it's an interesting idea.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:23 pm

CRBWildcat wrote:I can actually picture that happening. 'Course, I can also imagine it creeping out Ranma to some degree or another, but still, it's an interesting idea.

And probably tell him that it's a blessing and that he should accept it. Maybe even lock the curse until Ranma agrees or something like that. It would probably irk Ranma to know that there's someone who could probably get rid of the curse but who won't do it because he'd probably think that would be a crime to get rid of such an ability.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:00 am

Depends on how you define "irk"; desperately sucking up in order to try and get them to use their power and fix him for good, Heroic BSOD, or full-on rampage?
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:25 pm

I can imagine Akane going for the Fruit, though, being the type to leap at power-ups more than Ranma. :) I'll admit I'm not too familar with One Piece... are there any fruit that would give her a completely random effect every time she tries to do something?
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:59 pm

No. Each fruit has one specified effect, which ties into a greater "class" (for example, Logia fruits give elemental manipulation and transformation powers- like Captain Smoker and his ability to turn into and control smoke), though the individual powers bestowed by a specific fruit can usually be used in a number of ways.
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Seraphim » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:54 pm

There is one thing actually in the story that allows even powerful Logia users (like Kizaru) to be hit.

Haki.

So you could say Ranma somehow developed it like Luffy, though not 'Haoushoku' Haki.
"No, I'll just sit here like a well behaved ritual sacrifice." - Gary, Good Night Sweetheart

My DevArt
My Aerie of Ramblings
Random Natterings of a Spazz (My Anime/Games/whatever Blog)
Seraphim
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Seraphim wrote:There is one thing actually in the story that allows even powerful Logia users (like Kizaru) to be hit.

Haki.

So you could say Ranma somehow developed it like Luffy, though not 'Haoushoku' Haki.

I've been thinking about that myself.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby lcpoketoon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:45 am

Hmm you know rather then making it a devil fruit ability. why not make it becuase the cursed springs don't exist there Ranma's curse looked for a new power soruce an bonded wiht the sea itself. Basicly this means Ranma has the same effect as seastone on those who have devil fruit powers, while also he can still swim an changes genders with hot an cold water.

JAI
::LCpoketoon ducking under a car as things are being blown to hell around him::
LC> An you see Kids this is why you don't give rocket lauchers to catgirls.
[img=http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/489/1177093364737anonibjw5.th.jpg]
lcpoketoon
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:39 am

That's an interesting idea, but I really like the 'haki' idea too.Why not just say that haki is similar to ki?

When Shanks frightened the Sea King at the beginning, well Soun Tendo's 'demon head' has the same effect. I really think that could work well, although there doesn't seem to be a physical manifestation of haki except for maybe a fear aura or an invisible wave (when Rayleigh saved Caimie for example).

When Luffy was a prisoner of the amazons they infused their arrows with haki when they shot him, which is probably quite similar to what Ryoga does with his belt.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Who says the 'demon head tech' is even a physical manifestation in the first place? It could be entirely just what the 'mind's eye' sees and is directly dependant on the target.
This would meld even father with the whole haki/ki thing.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:53 am

There's one important detail: while many an anime portray a spiritual energy, with mostly similar effects of its use, they always invent a new name for it! ki, haki, reiki, reiatsu, and so on and so on.

So, forget the name, compare the effects. Is OP haki that different from ki in Ruroni Kenshin or Ki in Ranma?
You could safely assume that these are the same thing.
The names may vary with strength, but the fact is, a strong enough Ki could counteract the devil fruit power.

Also, how does Sanji kick so hard or Zoro cut stone with his swords? What *else* but ki could it be?
Also don't forget CP9 and their martial arts. Many of those weren't a devil fruit powers, still being monstrously strong.

So there's ki, and there's the devil fruit power. I dare to say the first is needed to fully utilize and control the second. How else the df users would grow in strength? Make the devil fruit a focus for their ki.

P.S. This places Ranma and Ryouga in the 100 million Beli strength range.
Just think how would these two do against Arlong.

P.P.S
Just watched the episode 413. Haki is definitely able to counteract the devil fruit power. Up to the point of Luffi being hurt by squashing and blunt strikes, to which he should have been immune.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby toushin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:30 pm

first of all these things are different. ki is the life force of the body and also the energy of nature. (that is the power of hado in street fighter pulling the ki from the surrounding enviornment and using it as a weapon) while reiki and reiatsu are the power of the soul. it is not a natural energy like ki so the person has to be either dead or trained in its use, and until there body could handle it it rejects it. which is what happened to yuuske and kurabara after the saint beast fight (the manga). ki can also be converted to reiki (this is what yuuske did to beat suzaku) but it will most likely end in the persons death due to the amount needed to do this.

you could probaly think of haki the same way you think of chakra from naruto just a different way of using ki. while in the ranma universe they use it through will alone. the naruto universe uses the seals. haki is probably used to distinguise the difference while not that different in the way its formed haki seems to focus more on weaponry and intimidation (like genjutsu)
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:15 am

I'm sorry to res a dead thread, but after reading it over I think it's a neat idea. I think if Ranma was given a devils fruit, he'd eat it not knowing the price, but I think the story be better if he didn't eat one. Haki would be the best way for him to combat Fruit users.

Also the water magnet thing is mostly fannon there are time when Ranma gets splashed constantly, but other times when he stays however he is for a bit. I think it be better to say the curse has a will of it's own and brings water to him when it's the most amusing. That being said I don't think the will of the curse would allow the Okama Queen to lock Ranma it would take away it's fun.With the oddity of the One Piece world, could it be possible for the curse to manifest it self from time to time as a water sprite taunting Ranma from time to time, making the other look at him wierd if the manifestation suddenly dissapears while he's yelling at it.

I hope I stayed on topic and forgive me if I strayed.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby toushin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:32 am

plus the fact that it would be a huge disadvantage to ranma. the one piece world is mostly water, ranma isn't the type to just become a pirete or a marine, so he would be on his own for a while. so while for the most part he would be in a boat seeing as he has done it before there would be times he would just have to swim
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:23 pm

I think I stated before that of course Iva would never meddle with Ranma's curse and instead see it as a gift of the Gods.

And I've already dismissed the idea of Ranma eating a devil fruit. Ranma is also more of a londer and will only join a group (be it pirates of revolutionaries) for a short while.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas