Ranma/Shampoo Forced Pairing (Dark) Idea

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma/Shampoo Forced Pairing (Dark) Idea

Postby frice2000 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:22 am

My God I wrote a fanfic today for the first time in 13 years or more...And it has me actually interested in writing something else. Anyway this is the idea I had, tell me what you think:

Cologne gets desperate after she finds out that Ranma killed Saffron. She ambushes Ranma and mananges to knock him out and paralyze him with some sort of pressure point and drag him back to the Cat-Cafe. Once there she paralyzes and splashes Shampoo with a Instant Nannichuan and "milks" her. Does the same to Ranma minus the instant nannichuan. Changes Ranma to female and hits a pressure point to insure pregnancy and impregnantes her. Changes Shampoo back to female and does the same. Mousse breaks in near the tail end and is outraged and visibly shaken at what Cologne has done. Is badly injured trying to stop her.

Shampoo wakes up, is unparalyzed by Cologne and discovers what Cologne has done. Cologne tells her that this was done mostly for the tribe and that she now has assured that Ranma and her will now have children. Shampoo is sickened by what she has done and is vehement that she would never want to win this way and would rather have let Ranma go. Ranma wakes up but is still paralyzed. She explains to him now her (for the rest of the fic but possibly epilogue) what she has done and that he is already pregnant with Shampoo's baby and she with his. Says curse will wear off a month after baby is born. Cologne also mentions that she knows his code of honor won't allow him to harm the innocent life now inside her and Shampoo and that since Shampoo is pregnant he is honor bound to marry Shampoo. Ranma is outraged and begins screaming at her crying and very visibly upset and begins to manifest a battle aura which begins to reverse the pressure point. Cologne prepares to reapply it stating that she's going to take him back to China in secret but before she does so a recovered Shampoo hits her over the head hard with one of her maces. She staggers back towards Ranma who recovers and beats her to within an inch of her life.

Shampoo asks Cologne why she did what she did and Cologne informs her that she was only doing what she and the rest of the elders of the Amazon's thought was necessary to insure a strong generation of children. Shampoo is sickened by what she hears and tells her that she forsakes the tribe. Ranma is amazed by this. Shampoo and Ranma begin to leave Cologne screaming at them that they WILL return to the village one way or another. Mousse awakens and kills Cologne (he was still conscious enough to hear her plan or some such). Pledges to help to defend Ranma and Shampoo as he too forsakes the Amazon tribe. Fic will then go into developing relationship with the three of them and interactions and repercussions of this with the rest of the Ranma cast. Will end with Shampoo/Ranma pairing but not particularly happy one, with both remaining in Japan. Mousse should end up happy too but not sure who with. Will be some/many fights with Amazon's which the other members of the Ranma cast will help defend with since those two will be pregnant and such.

I don't think this particular slant on the idea has been done before. For Cologne I do think it'd be in character given some of what we know about her. She would be getting Ranma which she wants and honestly his code would force him to marry her and carry the baby to term (people who think he'd abort a child in other fics where he got raped and such don't get his character imo).

Think it might be interesting, pretty dark though (something I've never written before) and I don't know if I have the talent to write it. So any opinions on that idea? Has it been done before? Thanks for taking the time to look it over and possibly comment.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Ranma/Shampoo Forced Pairing (Dark) Idea

Postby Konsaki » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:11 am

Ah, another version of a 'Rape Ranma' story. I dont see much wrong with the basic premise, as it will work for creating a dark story and obvious drama, but the devil is in the details.

1 - Cologne is essentially performing rape on her granddaughter, which I would assume is a capital crime in a female oriented society. I find this extreemly out of character for her, even considering the trials she has put Ranma through in the past. She's followed the tribe law the entire time and, barring the entire tribe council ordering her to do so and even then, I just dont see her doing this.

2 - 'Ranma beats Cologne to an inch of her life'... While I can definatly see Ranma going into a berzerk rage over this, I dont think Ranma has the skill required to do this. The only time they fought to a draw, Cologne gave up because of the Cat Fist and that was just due to the shock and severity of the situation.
If you try and point at 'Ranma killed Saffron', you need to recognize that he used an magical weapon for most of the fight and was fighting a fire elemental based enemy; which the Hiryuu Shoten Ha would be expecially strong against. Cologne is a grand master martial artist who has no elemental affinity and, presumably, numerous secret techniques she hasnt shown before.
Drive off Cologne - yes
Beat down Cologne - probably not

3 - Mousse kills Cologne... yeah... see that happening even less than Ranma beating her down. See reasons above.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:25 am

1. Well the reason I can see her doing it is because she literally doesn't see it so much as rape. Rather she's just forcing what she considers the consummation of the fact that she considers them to be already married. I mean she's already tried to manipulate him before into marrying her, using tactics that while no where near approaching this are rather different and darker then manipulation in the story previously. And if you go from the perspective of the love bracelet story...She was essentially willing to drug Ranma into submission (which was rape in a mental sense) with that which is pretty damned evil if you ask me and getting close to what I portrayed her doing here. Honestly, I think from Cologne's perspective in this fic she'd be assuring Shampoo has a child with her husband and would expect her to be grateful and not really consider what she was doing rape. It's a twisted take on her character but for some reason I can see her doing it. You're right though this would be very close to quite ooc for her and I would have to cement her motivations better to pull it off.

2. Well I did say that Shampoo hurt her badly by hitting her with her mace. This I consider possible considering that she had most of her attention on a quite angry Ranma. I don't think she expected Shampoo to strike her regardless of how angry she might have been with her beforehand. Thus, once Ranma got up Cologne is already supremely off balance and injured or no where near her best to start with since she's recovering physically from a pretty hard hit to the head by Shampoo and mentally surprised at her actions. I agree in a one on one fight with her not injured and fighting at her best even after Saffron he'd be unlikely to beat her, but that's not the case here.

3. This is after she is down after Ranma hit her after what I explained in my response to your second concern, mainly because he's so disgusted. Ranma was going to leave her alive which I'd consider IC, but Mousse was so angry at her defilement of Shampoo that I can see him being angry enough to end the matriarchs life.

Thank you very much for your response though. You're right there are a couple plot points that I'd have to fix up. I think I'd re-do how they got them both pregnant maybe make it some mystical technique not as I had it described previously. Seems unfitting with the rest of the series and somewhat disturbing as I had it written before.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:41 am

An idea to keep it a little more IC would be for Cologne to use a rarely used, hasnt been used since 2000 years ago, artifact that just arrived from the tribe. It's a magical teapot who's magic works as such: if you add one drop of someone's blood to the tea as it's brewing, the first person to drink from it will cause a bond between them.
Cologne aquires a drop by 'testing' his reflexes with a thrown knife, needle or something sharp and has Shampoo drink, but since she's already enamored with Ranma, there's no noticeable change. Somehow, when Ranma drinks the tea with Shampoo's blood, Ranma is female at the time.
Now, when Cologne notices no change in Ranma's behavior after drinking the tea, she wonders what's wrong up until Ranma cant change back to male form due to the pregnancy. After some research, it hits her what exactly the 'bond' is, as it's also an anchient and extreemly rarely used text form of 'child'.

This way you receive the same objective of both pregnant with each other's child, caused by Cologne, but without the extreem OOC. Cologne might be 300yrs old but even she's human and prone to mistakes, especially when the written text about an artifact is over five times her age.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:19 pm

I don't much like rape stories. I've read some, but they have to be done extremely well.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby ckosacranoid » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:39 pm

i like kanski's idea better. its siunds better laid out and works better for a plot point. there are sevral rape stires and only one of them has ramna having an abortion. i can not think off the top of my head and i just found it in the past month.
this could be amusing if you keep it pointed though and to the point in which ever way you go.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:30 pm

What I don't get is why, precisely, having Ranma also get pregnant is so important to Cologne's plans. If what she's counting on is A: a child with Shampoo and Ranma as parents and B: Ranma marrying Shampoo to take care of the child, then why go beyond impregnating Shampoo as well? What is the point?

As for Ranma's code preventing him from aborting; I seriously doubt it. He hates his curse so much that he actually dumps Akane at the altar, for all practical purposes, to go chasing after a cure. Having a baby is canonically amongst his worst nightmares (see Watermelon Island). And while he does uphold his professed honor more than most of the other characters in the series, he will still abandon it if he feels truly inconvenienced; remember, he was all willing to expose Ryoga's curse until he realised that Akane either would never believe him, or would most likely turn on him as being responsible. And he still takes every chance he can get to try and subtly poke holes in Ryoga's masquerade.

In the end, it just doesn't make sense for her to go through such a convulated scheme, which has more risk of coming down around her ears then payoff. Persuading Shampoo to settle for simply having Ranma's baby rather than him as a husband, followed by either "milking" him in secret and against his will (which could conceivably be used to have him feel obligated/pressured to wed Shampoo in order to make his child not illegitimate) or persuading him that if he gives the Amazons a sperm sample, they'll leave him alone and call off the 'engagement; that makes much more sense. The tribe gets Ranma's DNA, Shampoo at least gets a part of the man she loves to call her own, Shampoo and Cologne can go back to the village in something other then disgrace and humiliation, and Ranma's romantic knot is untangled by the removal of someone who A: has a questionable legal tie to his hand and B: is quite likely of going on a homicidal frenzy of revenge if he marries someone else. It's a Win-Win situation all around, but still with plenty of room for drama... and without the brain-breaking levels of suspension of disbelief required of the original plot.

Besides which, something I am all too eager to point out is that there is actually no canon evidence that pregnancy locks a curse. The only known evidence we have of Nyanniichuan-cursed victims getting pregnant are the Musk's concubines, who are explicitly stated as having been locked permanently into woman form after getting cursed. It's just as likely that the first time Ranma got hot water, he would change back into a guy and the foetal cells in his body would be aborted by the body flux.
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:25 pm

SpaceKnight of Chaos wrote:As for Ranma's code preventing him from aborting; I seriously doubt it. He hates his curse so much that he actually dumps Akane at the altar, for all practical purposes, to go chasing after a cure.
IIRC, it was the 'guessts' who kept him from getting married during the final wedding attempt. Any times before that was due to relationship issues along with how exactly they found themselves in the wedding, which ususualy was Genma and Soun's underhanded tactics.

Having a baby is canonically amongst his worst nightmares (see Watermelon Island).
Remember just who those babies were with... I beleive the fact that they were with Tatewaki that was the greater part of the nightmare.

And while he does uphold his professed honor more than most of the other characters in the series, he will still abandon it if he feels truly inconvenienced; remember, he was all willing to expose Ryoga's curse until he realised that Akane either would never believe him, or would most likely turn on him as being responsible. And he still takes every chance he can get to try and subtly poke holes in Ryoga's masquerade.
I'll give you that.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:38 pm

Remember, when he first meets Akane in her wedding dress in the final chapter, he actually protests only half-heartedly, and seems like he would have gone along with it if Akane insisted that she wanted to do so. The moment she reveals there's a cask of Nanniichuan present, however, away he runs, demanding to know why she didn't mention it sooner. That the other characters came and blew the dojo to hell and back does not change the fact that, when presented with the option of getting a cure or marrying Akane, he chose the cure.

Kuno being the "daddy" probably didn't help matters, but unless he's pulling the flirtatious act off deliberately to get something he wants (even if that's merely to settle some slight to his ego), Ranma always feels skeezy when guys come onto "her". If merely being approached sets him off like that, then why would he react any differently to something that's even more feminine and invasive then being kissed every was?

You also missed the biggest question; just why the hell is it important that Ranma get pregnant as well? Besides giving him something to angst about and/or acting as justification for character rape (which is how these types of fics always end up), just what does it possibly add to the plot? You have two characters forced into an involuntary sex act, which results in the conception of a child, at the whim of an antagonistic character, which results in the girl abandoning everything and everyone she's ever known and the guy abandoning his friends and family to try and be there for a girl he's never at all considered in a romantic light, with both of them preparing to be underaged parents with no allies, resources or the slightest clue what to do. Just what, exactly, does having the genderbender character get pregnant as well add to that setup? Isn't it complicated enough?
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Ideas