Return to Zero: A Fate/Stay Night Fanfic Idea

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Comartemis » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:17 pm

UBW in and of itself wouldn't be of much use against Nero, but I think Excalibur or Ea could probably disintegrate his entire body with a single blow.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Muramasa » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:55 pm

Ea would wipe Nero off the map.

Excalibur is iffy but I'm leaning towards yes.

UBW would be ineffective.

Sans the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, I think Nero would have to be completely purged in order to destroy him for good.

The force needed to do just that is the equivalent of destroying a continent if I remember reading from the visual novel.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there might be another way to kill him. Find a way to cut off the flow of prana to his reality marble and he might just fall apart at the seams. I might have to think that one over.

Would Rule Breaker kill the worms or boot them out of Sakura's nervous system, or is that only possible with Angra Mainyu and Dark Sakura?

I... don't really know enough about Rule Breaker to know it's limitations. It's been known to destroy magical contracts and completed forms of magic. In spite of that though, it doesn't seem to directly effect familiars at all. And that's what the worms are. Low level familiars.

However there might still be hope. Even though Sakura has been infested with worms, their might still be a chance that the main worm hasn't been inserted yet. That was the main reason Kotomine's procedure failed back in Heaven's Feel. It was too deeply entrenched in the heart. Without it there, the extraction process could still work.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kilich » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:38 pm

HF Shiro turned into a ten year old girl with a huge axe is fun enough to wait for this story.

Correct me if wrong, but was Nero killed by Shiki because he gathered all of his beasts in one body and transformed into 999 beast? But if Nero will choose to fight Excalibur-level weapons he might leave a few of his beasts in a safe place so he could regenerate if he lost.

Offtopic:
I wonder what happened with Muramasa's Ranma\FSN fic.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Muramasa » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:38 pm

*wince*

Oh uh... heheh.

Umm... I had to set it aside on the account of some real life problems which I'm still dealing with. I had to rewrite several of the opening segments because I wasn't satisfied with the opening. Some parts I felt were too dark while others I felt I was floundering or I was being overly dramatic.

It's still on my hard drive. I haven't forgotten it. It just hasn't been easy to get back into the right mind set to write it.

Sorry.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Comartemis » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Correct me if wrong, but was Nero killed by Shiki because he gathered all of his beasts in one body and transformed into 999 beast? But if Nero will choose to fight Excalibur-level weapons he might leave a few of his beasts in a safe place so he could regenerate if he lost.

It's actually 666 beasts, not 999.

But if all of Nero's chaos were obliterated at once save for a few stray beasts I'm inclined to think that he wouldn't immediately regenerate back to full health and might even be reduced to the level of an ordinary vampire or a lower level Dead Apostle.

Umm... I had to set it aside on the account of some real life problems which I'm still dealing with. I had to rewrite several of the opening segments because I wasn't satisfied with the opening. Some parts I felt were too dark while others I felt I was floundering or I was being overly dramatic.

It's still on my hard drive. I haven't forgotten it. It just hasn't been easy to get back into the right mind set to write it.

Sorry.

These things happen. You know that Nanoha fanfic I posted a month or two back? It's actually getting completely revamped because I hadn't really planned out anything besides the first chapter and pretty much wrote myself into a corner I didn't want to write myself out of. Shit happens, and not just with the fic itself. It's forgivable... so long as you don't have a lot of people holding their breath for the next installment. :P
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby ZeroForever » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:36 pm

for nero you need to kill all 666 beasts at the same time in order to fully kill him as his very being is a almageddon of all the beasts so all of them are him. If even one escapes he can regen fully, shiki was effective as he could kill the parts existances permanently so that they couldn't return/reform as him, EA would work but a full power EA levels planets and can kill anyone in the type moon universe so it's a moot point.

It's really more dependent how cautious Nero is, but pretty much you need nero to be arrogrent and have a broken conceptual ability that could 1 shot him.
the anti-thesis of myself
ZeroForever
Initiate

Postby Muramasa » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:51 pm

It's actually 666 beasts, not 999.

Kilich is referring to Nero's 999th form which he transforms into just before he gets killed by Shiki in the nearside routes (You get a better look at it in the manga).

@Kilich: Nero died because Nanaya mode Shiki stabbed the dot that corresponded to Nrvnqsr Chaos existence as a whole instead of one of his beasts.

These things happen. You know that Nanoha fanfic I posted a month or two back? It's actually getting completely revamped because I hadn't really planned out anything besides the first chapter and pretty much wrote myself into a corner I didn't want to write myself out of. Shit happens, and not just with the fic itself. It's forgivable... so long as you don't have a lot of people holding their breath for the next installment.

I felt guilty and ended up adding another paragraph or two :P.

It's still not quite post worthy but it's getting there.

If even one escapes he can regen fully, shiki was effective as he could kill the parts existances permanently so that they couldn't return/reform as him...

I don't completely agree with this statement. First if the beasts is completely destroyed (As in not a cell remaining) then there's nothing to regenerate. That's what makes Excalibur and Ea favorable weapons in wiping Nero off the face of the earth for good. Second regeneration can only occur if Nero's reality marble is maintained. That can't happen if his core existence is terminated.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Previous

Return to Ideas