Story Starter for Crossover

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Bliss » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:37 am

migele wrote:Is there a sane family potrayed in Ranma 1/2?

I read somewhere that everyone of the Ranma characters suffer from some dysfunctional family and that is the core of the comedy, and the problems... although I'm not sure where I heard it now.... and I guess in a way it does make sense... I'm not too sure there are ANY normal families in Ranma 1/2
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Climhazard » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:57 pm

Let's see, he daily wakes his own son up by ATTACKING HIM IN HIS SLEEP.

Volume, chapter, page?
Granted, now it's Akane who wakes him up, most of the time. With a bucket full of ice cold water. Some improvement.

Volume, chapter, page?
He's already messed up, what with EXPECTING everyone to try beating him up.

Evidence?
C'mon, put some evidence to support you point!
- Carry the Emperor´s will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

- Even in death I still serve! (C) Dreadnought
Climhazard
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby GenocideHeart » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:59 pm

Climhazard wrote:Evidence?
C'mon, put some evidence to support you point!

No idea what volume of the American edition it is, but anyway:
Volume 2 of the Italian version, Genma throws Ranma out of the window and in the koi pond first thing in the morning.
Akane wakes him up with water cold enough to trigger his curse many many times in the manga, the anime AND the videogame for SNES. All you have to do is skim, really, and sooner or lateryou'll run into this. And Ranma himself comments on how rudely she wakes him up in a few instances.
As for number 3, he automatically assumes that every newcomer who shows up is either a new rival or a fiancee, and in both cases he expects that he'll be the one getting beat up because of it, which invariably happens. The very way he acts makes it obvious that he expects to be attacked first and asked questions later. And given how he was raised, I can see why.
Last edited by GenocideHeart on Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the Planessss burnnnn and all life is torchesss, then Ignusss ssshall at lassst... be at peace..."
--Ignus, Planescape: Torment
"Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe."
--Vhailor, Planescape: Torment
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Forum Troll » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:17 pm

First off, torture is in the eye of the beholder, I am a couch potato, and I would define training to be a runner as torture. For a person with the physical capabilities of Ranma, his training is not torture. Even the nekoken I would classify as hazardous training.
Genma is training Ranma to be the best martial artist of his generation in the world. Given what happens to Ranma throughout the manga (only some of which is Genma's fault =P) I would say that the training given by Genma was not only appropriate but also necessary.
People dont give Genma nearly enough credit, they just love to demonize and underestimate him.
Troll
--edit-- this is probably better left to a different thread in the Ranma forums, sorry for the offtopic.
Forum Troll
Senshi Candidate

Postby GenocideHeart » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:47 pm

Forum Troll wrote:First off, torture is in the eye of the beholder, I am a couch potato, and I would define training to be a runner as torture. For a person with the physical capabilities of Ranma, his training is not torture. Even the nekoken I would classify as hazardous training.
Genma is training Ranma to be the best martial artist of his generation in the world. Given what happens to Ranma throughout the manga (only some of which is Genma's fault =P) I would say that the training given by Genma was not only appropriate but also necessary.
People dont give Genma nearly enough credit, they just love to demonize and underestimate him.
Troll
--edit-- this is probably better left to a different thread in the Ranma forums, sorry for the offtopic.

Fair enough. It's a matter of opinions. I'll bow out now, sorry for the trouble.
"When the Planessss burnnnn and all life is torchesss, then Ignusss ssshall at lassst... be at peace..."
--Ignus, Planescape: Torment
"Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe."
--Vhailor, Planescape: Torment
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Previous

Return to Ideas