Broken Arrows: A Fate/Stay Night Fanfic Idea

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Muramasa » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:58 am

It would be extremely difficult to convince Sakura to fight both Shirou and Rin. Then again, I have a hard time believing Shirou would be all that eager to fight Sakura and a deceptively young loli as well.

The only ones I think are willing to tear into each other would be Rin and Illya.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Jomasten » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:07 am

Muramasa wrote:The only ones I think are willing to tear into each other would be Rin and Illya.

Uh, remember, Archerko, Archer, AND Saber? Srsly, Ako and Archer are more than likely to start tearing at each other, than worry about the others, except possibly, Ako worrying for Ilya/herself and Shirou. Reason why I added Saber is that she's more than likely to attack both (Archerko and Rider) because they are enemy Servants.
[SILENCE! You are distracting my concentration to distract myself.]

[Otherwise, I will distract you enough that you can concentrate on distracting yourself!]
Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby Comartemis » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:57 am

But, canonically speaking, with Archerko already interfering, what route would this story follow, since Archerko is trying to prevent the HF scenario from happening, and, by extension, Archer/Emiya's transition to Archer.

This fic wouldn't follow any of the canon arcs on account of a completely different set of changes.

For instance, let's take a look at the early stages of Heaven's Feel using the HF summary Muramasa provided. What's one of the first things that happens here, after the initial drama with Sakura? Why, it's the same fight with Berserker that took place in Fate! Only this time Berserker is Archerko, and a life-and-death fight between Saber and a hulking behemoth turns into a much less serious swordsman's duel, with A-ko and Saber doing a little verbal sparring on the side. A-ko isn't taking things too seriously at this point, so even if Saber still gets beaten Shirou won't have to push her out of the way of A-ko's killing blow.

Also, in the canon timelines Illya was mostly content to sit back and let things happen for the early part of the war; beyond the initial confrontation with Saber, Shirou and Rin, she and Berserker weren't ever really active up until the assault on Einzbern manor. This time A-ko is going to be pushing her to be active in her movements so she can derail Zoken's plans as early on as possible.

For instance, even if A-ko can't save Sakura immediately, she can do other things to interrupt the chain of events, like killing Assassin before Zoken has the chance to use him to summon True Assassin. That alone would throw a massive wrench into Zoken's plans.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Jomasten » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:44 am

Hmm, point taken.
...ARGH! I can't freakin' wait to finally play FSN. Seriously. Hopefully.
...ARGH X2! Freaking Mondays, can't think of anything constructive...

EDIT:
Okay, can somewhat think constructively. Ahem.
I can see where you're going with this Coma. The fact that Ako's presence alone in the summoning already changed things definitely. Don't know about HF, and don't want to read Muramasa's sauce, til I get to play it mahself.

True, based off of Ako from the SD series I have read so far, she seems to be more playful than serious, 'cept with Archer; she's all serious with him. So, LaD fight to testing each other's strength? In hindsight, I do believe that the canon fight helped develop the relationship between Saber and Shirou. On the one hand, this is already throwing a monkey wrench in Zouken's plans. In the other, it might make the whole scenario go down the drain

As an aside, what would this scenario be named? There was Fate, UBW, and HF, so it would be interesting to play with the name.

[Otherwise, I will distract you enough that you can concentrate on distracting yourself!]
Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby Muramasa » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:27 pm

For instance, even if A-ko can't save Sakura immediately, she can do other things to interrupt the chain of events, like killing Assassin before Zoken has the chance to use him to summon True Assassin. That alone would throw a massive wrench into Zoken's plans.

Not necessarily. He could have Sakura just swallow a different Servant and use him or her in his plans instead.

Well... However long Sakura is still under his control at any rate.

@Jomasten: My... Sauce... ???
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Jomasten » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:59 pm

Anywho. Yeah, but if Ako is able to divert some of Zoken's control away, there could be a chance that Sakura might break free.
And yes... Sauce.

Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby Comartemis » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:35 pm

Code: Select all
Not necessarily. He could have Sakura just swallow a different Servant and use him or her in his plans instead.

But would any other Servant work for this plan? I mean, Assassin was a special case in the 5th war because he was a 'false servant' summoned by Caster, so killing him would allow True Assassin, the legitimate Assassin servant, to be summoned. Had any other servant been killed, no summoning would have been possible from that servant's remains on account of their class having already been summoned and subsequently defeated. Hence killing Assassin before Zoken is able to obtain his remains prevents Zoken from summoning True Assassin.

Anywho. Yeah, but if Ako is able to divert some of Zoken's control away, there could be a chance that Sakura might break free.

This would entail finding a way to deal with Zoken's worms, and as Kotomine displayed, this is pretty much impossible.

And yes... Sauce.

Sauce as in 'source'? This isn't 4chan, Jomasten...
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Jomasten » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:02 pm

Mwahahaha... zomfgroflolmao.
Ahem.
This would entail finding a way to deal with Zoken's worms, and as Kotomine displayed, this is pretty much impossible.

Impossible...or improbable? Sorry if I'm going on a tangent here, but just exactly what does the process of inserting worms into a host entail exaclty? How is it instered? Besides Zoken's commands, what are other possible triggers that affects the activation of the worms, etc?

That, and exactly how big is FSN when I install it? Just finished DLing the torrent, gots the necessary file reader. Ah don't have a Japanese codec, but I do believe this moonspeak means that I probably don't have enough space in mah computer...

Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby Muramasa » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:54 am

Eh? You may need to get your hands on the english patch...

But would any other Servant work for this plan? I mean, Assassin was a special case in the 5th war because he was a 'false servant' summoned by Caster, so killing him would allow True Assassin, the legitimate Assassin servant, to be summoned. Had any other servant been killed, no summoning would have been possible from that servant's remains on account of their class having already been summoned and subsequently defeated. Hence killing Assassin before Zoken is able to obtain his remains prevents Zoken from summoning True Assassin.

Assassin is an oddball class to begin with. According to 'Fate/Zero', you can summon one by merely changing one of the verses of your summoning incantation. No catalyst is actually necessary as no matter what you will receive one of the Hassans regardless. But I do see your point.

Impossible...or improbable? Sorry if I'm going on a tangent here, but just exactly what does the process of inserting worms into a host entail exaclty? How is it instered? Besides Zoken's commands, what are other possible triggers that affects the activation of the worms, etc?

Think of it as a worm eating it's way into an apple... or maggots festering within a corpse... and well... multiply that sensation by hundreds... or even thousands. And then repeat the process once every few days. Fun fun fun...

So far from what I can tell the worms may active through several ways...

-Zouken can activate the worms on a whim. Anywhere.

-They go wild when exposed to aphrodisiacs.

-Dark emotions will stir them

-Lack of Prana to absorb will activate the worms as a survival instinct.

-There's also a hidden condition that Zouken implanted into Sakura's worms. 'If she participates in the Holy Grail War, she has to fight to win. Otherwise the worms will kill her.'

Having Shinji fight in her place in the other routes was something of a work around and she doesn't have to win but she's not allowed to quit either. Otherwise it triggers the worms.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Jomasten » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:46 am

Ah, so if Ako, or anyone good enough, can manipulate the way Sakura would perceive things, perhaps the worms don't activate until Zouken's final say.

S'like a simple If-Then or If-Else statement in computer Pseudocoding:

-If- Sakura (fulfills certain condition)
-Then- Worms activate
-Else- Zouken manually activates them.
-Else Then- Worms stay dormant.

If the tampering can be done, then there would be like a loop feedback around the -If- statement, making it so that the worms would either go the way of the computer and crash, or stay dormant, even if the conditions were already fulfilled. Then the only to worry is Zouken's word.

EDIT:
lurklurklurklurklurk...

Lack of Prana

Sorry, mah tired brain thought that said 'lack of pirranha...'

Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kilich » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:02 am

Hm. Archerko and Ilya might just talk with Zouken about why is he doing that to Sakura and might stop him if Archerko's looks remind him about Justica von Einzbern.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Muramasa » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Kilich wrote:Hm. Archerko and Ilya might just talk with Zouken about why is he doing that to Sakura and might stop him if Archerko's looks remind him about Justica von Einzbern.

As a magus or better yet as the head of the Matou line, it's obvious why Zouken does what he does to Sakura.

A magus doesn't operate on the distinction of good and evil. The only actual goal of a magus is to improve their craft.

As magi themselves arguing from a moral standpoint is both hypocritical and semantics.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kilich » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:38 pm

Hm. But wasn't it Ilya in Dress of Heaven that reminded him about Justica and his original intentions that made him accept his death?
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Muramasa » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:46 pm

Kilich wrote:Hm. But wasn't it Ilya in Dress of Heaven that reminded him about Justica and his original intentions that made him accept his death?

Well I think that's the point. It took Illya and The Dress of Heaven before Zouken realized why he truly sought the Holy Grail in the first place.

I don't think artifacts like the Dress of Heaven grow on trees. Hell, if Zouken finally recalled the true reason why he fought for the Grail, who's to say he wouldn't just fight harder now since his body isn't in immediate danger of collapsing? The ends would justify the means at least to him. Sakura would still be a tool.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Previous

Return to Ideas