Ranma/Bleach Crossover Idea

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma/Bleach Crossover Idea

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Tue May 30, 2006 12:10 am

(Minor Spoiler warning to those who haven't watched Bleach)
In the Anime Bleach, we are shown that Soul Society has Thirteen sqyads, each with a captain and a vice-captain/Liutenant. While the Thirteenth squad has no vice-captain they do have two third seats filling in for the vice-captain. Now we are shown every squad's vice-captain save for squad one. My idea is as follows:
Vice-captain (Insert Noble Family Name Here) Ranma had decided to take a sabbatical, one he had approved with Central (The Soul Society Government), and the Captain-commander. This sabbatical ended up placing him on Earth, around the time Genma and Nodoka Saotome were getting together.
Ranma runs into Nodoka as a Hollow is chasing her. To his surprise Nodoka can see him and the Hollow following her. He manages to defeat the Hollow and save Nodoka's life. Unfortunately, Nodoka was pregnant and this excitement mad her lose her child. Rather she would have lost it had Ranma not stepped in. The soul was already on its way to Soul Society, but that didn't mean that this lady had to be without a child, so Ranma, doing something that went against the very laws he had sworn to uphold, placed his soul in the unborn child's body, causing him great pain. He placed locks on his memories and abilities so that he would not be chased down by Soul Society.
Seven months later, Saotome Ranma is born, and his life proceeds from there.
A few months after Saffron, Ranma notices that he can see ghosts. Real ones, unlike the few he had seen before. Because of his rising reiatsu, Ranma soon becomes a Hollow target along with the rest of Nerima. Upon running into his first Hollow, Ranma manages to remember something, something that allows him to defeat it with ease: his Zanpakutoh's name. Calling out its name, he summons it and with it comes his Shinigami outfit. Ranma is the only Shinigami able to take human form without a gigai, the only Shinigami that can be seen by regular humans, unless he chooses to not be able to be seen.
Defeating the Hollow is child's play for Ranma at this point, and the rest of the Wrecking Crew isn't that bad off. However Nodoka has decided something: she wants to get to know her son, and allow him to settle on a choice. (Yeah its cliché, but I'd be having Nodoka be "Good" Nodoka.) So they set off for Karakura Town for one school year.
*Notes that Bleach is set in 2005/2006 and is thus moving the Ranma timeline up so that it is around that time*
Around this time Kurosaki Ichigo has not yet met Kuchiki Rukia, but rather is a normal human. However, Ishida is still a Quincy and Ranma notices his abnormally high reiatsu. After a couple of conversations, Ranma and Uryuu become tentative friends, after all, Ranma has no memory of Soul Society at all... Ranma also becomes friends with Ichigo's group and eats with them during lunch time.
About two months before summer break, Ichigo becomes a Shinigami, and Kuchiki Rukia transfers into the class. And soon the day of the Menos Grande comes. Ranma has his own troubles that day, and meets up with Urahara, who realizes who Ranma really is.
Kuchiki Rukia is brought to Soul Society, but instead of it just being Ichigo, Inoue, Chad and Ishida, Ranma joins as well.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Frog » Tue May 30, 2006 12:27 am

Just to make a small correction but we are actually shown the Vice-Captain of the First Squad, led by Old man Yama. His name is 'Sasakibe Choutarou'. However, he shows up so little that this is but a small detail and doesn't matter all that much.
http://bleach7.com/index.php?page=infor ... ptains/m01
Other than that the idea has potentail but I doubt Ranma and Ishida would hit off at all. They're far too different and Ishida is really just looking for an excuse to prove himself superior to the Shinigami's. That was the reason he challenged Ichigo initially, and I doubt that'd change just because it's another Shinigami. What I see happening is that Ranma's appearence would actually just precipitate Ishida into showing himself a Quincy earlier and causing the Menos Grande incident way before the Bleach timeline.
Question: Does Ranma's soul form Shinigami also change with the curse? Because that would make for some deliciously funny implications.
Move, make way, truth is coming through
The era of justice will come
There are songs of hope too
I would happily sacrifice my life for this world.
Frog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Tue May 30, 2006 12:33 am

Ah, didn't notice that. Okay then... easy way to correct that, with Ranma missing Yama-jii needed a new Vice-Captain. Done.
Jusenkyo affects more than just the body, it affects the soul as well. So Jusenkyo victims retain their curses even during their deaths. In otherwords: Shinigami Ranma-chan!
As for the Ishida/Ranma friendship, there is an easy way to do that. While Ishida would be able to tell that Ranma is a Shinigami right off the bat, I doubt he would hurry a confrontation with him. Though Ranma would probably consider Ishida a friend much in the same way that he considers Ryoga and Mousse friends... (sort of) It isn't the first time someone has tried to kill him for no reason.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Tue May 30, 2006 1:27 am

Looks good to me. Ranma with a big sword would be a nice treat if he ran into Kuno who only has his wooden toothpick. And I can totally see Ranma viewing any new rivals he makes as friends. Would Ranma-chan's breasts be bigger than Orihime's or would a massive debate between the school perverts form over which girl had the bigger bust? How would Ranma react to Yoruichi?
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Tue May 30, 2006 1:37 am

Ranma's reaction to Yoroiuchi will depend entirely on what form she's in. In cat form, Ranma's will be typical Neko-ken reaction at first. Especially if Yoroiuichi gets pissed. Though Ranma can resist his fear for a time and will do so if he needs to. Plus with Yoroiuichi's ability to talk, Ranma'll be fine with it.
Now her Shinigami form, Ranma may act like Ichigo does for that one. heh.
Ranma and Ichigo: CLOTHES! PUT ON SOME CLOTHES!!!!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Tue May 30, 2006 1:41 am

Sounds good, don't really see to many Ranma/Bleach crossover's if any. My question is do you know what you would call Ranma's Zanpakutoh would be called, or what he would look like in Shinigami form.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Tue May 30, 2006 1:50 am

Not yet... I still have other stories to work on, but I think I may start this one soon.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Khortez » Tue May 30, 2006 2:20 am

How about instead of Ranma being able to turn into a shinigami without a gigai, you have whatever form he is in be the shinigami and the other form the body? That way it won't be wierd or suspicous when he dissapears for periods of time and too convenient for the character.
Khortez
Senshi Candidate

Postby Bjorn » Tue May 30, 2006 6:41 am

While Ishida would be able to tell that Ranma is a Shinigami right off the bat, I doubt he would hurry a confrontation with him.

He hurried quickly enough against Ichigo... :P Personally I can't see Ishida hitting it off with any shinigami at all, at least not quickly.
Are the Vaizards going to factor into this at all?
Bjorn
Senshi Cadet

Postby Nukem » Tue May 30, 2006 9:19 am

sounds very good
i'd love to read that one
Nukem
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Tue May 30, 2006 5:42 pm

Vizards will be making an appearance around the same time they do in the manga. Aizen Sousuke shall also have a big part in this fic.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Battlekrome » Tue May 30, 2006 6:16 pm

having seen most of bleach / read ranma
you could almost sew bleach and ranma together...
set it sometime in ranma line and basically have ranma start to see ghosts
mostly due to the 'locking a character into ranma's body and making him forget original memories' cliche is a good way to get ranma but not ranma...
hrmm
Alterverse Fusion
take ichigo's family and replace Ichigo with akane, and nabs / kasumi fit right in character wise as 'replacements'
Ranma shows up w genma etc
Akane can see ghosts but no word on whether ranma can or not...
would be interesting to see an Akane-centric take...
tagline "If magic's real why not ghosts"
nice idea but has awkward feel to it...
more needed on why ranma puts himself into the body of the baby...
Battlekrome
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby bissek » Tue May 30, 2006 6:27 pm

I think Ranma would fit better in 11th squad than in 1st squad. 11th Squad is the squad devoted to pure warriors, which Ranma would understand. Captain Zaraki Kenpachi of 11th squad is devoted to finding the strongest opponents he can, seeking to defeat them in open battle, and on the rare occasions that he loses, improving himself so that he can win the rematch. I know that he's a borderline sociopath, but he's a borderline sociopath with issues that Ranma would understand. Heck, Kenpachi would consider a visit to meet the NWC to be the perfect vacation.
I hope Akane is not around when Yoruichi shows her humanoid self. Akane would overreact (for a sensible reason for once), and seeing as the 'Goddess of Flash' would make Happosai and Cologne look slow, Akane would get her butt kicked in nothing flat.
Now, Happosai being around when she shows her human form would be interesting. Horrifically violent, but interesting.
After facing Aizen, Ranma would probably spend weeks going around blindfolded to prepare for the rematch. Aizen's illusion power extends to all senses, but only if you first see it, so a man fighting blind would have a decent chance against Aizen in a skill against skill match (since he could block Tensa Zangetsu with one finger, power is still an issue, as is the fact that I can't see Ranma being a Kido expert, so Aizen would have the advantage in a battle of spells) and Ranma would think of that counter if he learned the true nature of Aizen's illusions from Hitsugaya.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Tue May 30, 2006 6:41 pm

Nah, I want him to be 1st squad. He may have what it takes to be a captain, but decided to serve under Yama-jii instead of it.
I've decided on the name of his Zanpakutoh: Hoshimaru (Perfect Star), and its Shikai: Shine!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby bissek » Tue May 30, 2006 7:47 pm

I wonder why nobody's thought of colliding Sailor Moon with Bleach. Think about it: If a death buster forces Ichigo's soul out of his body, all it would do is change him to Shinigami mode, suprising the heck out death busters and senshi. Ichigo would likely come to the following conclusions 1: Uruhara has been hiding more doomsday weapons in people's souls, and 2: The death busters work for Aizen. This would cause Mistress 9 to end up facing an army of heavily armed Shinigami trying to track down the traitor, causing monsters to be beaten up by things that 99% of Juuban can't even see.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Ideas