Ranma of the Springs (Ranma/ possible Multiple xover)

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Ranma of the Springs (Ranma/ possible Multiple xover)

Postby Jomasten » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:00 pm

A thought came to me one day: doesn't the different curses of Jusnkyo stack? Then another thought came: would the effects of the Jusenkyo-stack be permanent if one used Instant Packets? So it came to me: what if Ranma came across a box of Instant-Jusenkyo Packets, just right after she(if I wanted to be technical about it) fell into the Drowned Girl Spring. Then, through a series of events I have yet to think of, Ranma runs away from Genma, and ends up in London. We all know where this is going.

So, hiding under some alias, Ranma takes up menial jobs that requires his strength and skill to get himself by in London, and sometimes her feminine grace and charm (adapting rather quickly to the curse). Then, one day, while going on some kind of delivery run, he hears a commotion, then, running to the source of the commotion, he sees some school girl in a domino mask (Sailor V) fighting off some kind of monster. He wanted to intervene, but he didn't want to give himself away. Without thinking, he runs back to his apartment, grabs a pail, fills it with water, opens a packet (I'm thinking of Drowned Hawk, cooler like that.), empties it on the bucket, then pours a bit of the Instant water onto himself. So, with the stacking properties of Jusenkyo, Ranma turns into some kind of avian female.

Not knowing what she did yet, Ranma-chan runs headfirst into the fight. Sailor V, mistaking Ranma-bird-chan for another Youma, opens fire at her. What followed was a three-way brawl, with Ranma beating the Youma, learning how to use her wings in the basic sense, helping Sailor V, and getting said Senshi suspicious of Ranma. Without giving Sailor V any time to recover, Ranma makes a quick get away. Back in the apartment, and male once again, Ranma contemplates what he just did. Realizing that the different Jusenkyo curses mixed, Ranma makes a decision to use those Jusenkyo Packets to fulfill his oath as a martial artist, and protect the innocent.

What follows next is a series of adventures that has Ranma using the different Jusenkyo packets in most of his (mis)adventures. And if Ranma were to run out of Instant Jusenkyo, some mysterious benefactor would leave a fresh box on his doorstep the next morning (in truth, the Amazons, who caught news of her heroic activities, and, upon realizing the good use of the Instant Jusenkyo packets, supplies Ranma with the stuff to help him in his cause). I'm not really sure which series I would like to crossover, but definite ones is with Sailor Moon and the DC universe. I'm also thinking of one NarutoxRanma xover fic I'm also planning, as well as Street Fighter. Definite maybe's are Mai HiME, Harry Potter, Hellsing, and , for the hell of it, the Pokegirls series.

It's a good idea, for me, though I don't have much to go on, and I'm a tad busy with other fics I'm working on. And I'm not sure, but I think when you use an Instant Jusenkyo Packet, you would be able to stack two Jusenkyo curses, if you already have one, then when you turn back to normal, then spray yourself with regular cold water, you would have your normal curse, but Imma not sure... But it does feel good to hear all ya'll opinions about it.
[SILENCE! You are distracting my concentration to distract myself.]

[Otherwise, I will distract you enough that you can concentrate on distracting yourself!]
Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby Jomasten » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:16 am

Hmm, I think I might have to rethink about some xovers. 'Nyone got any ideas?

[Otherwise, I will distract you enough that you can concentrate on distracting yourself!]
Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:19 pm

I think the idea is interesting and definitely hasn't been used before. But I wouldn't use too many crossovers as that is often very confusing. Or you could have travel Ranma around the world and meeting different people while not using previous crossovers again.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Jomasten » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:33 am

Well, I suppose. Well, since I made a mention to Sailor V/Venus, I'm definitely sure SM will be one. And you're right, I don't want to use too many crossovers, or it'll become one of those that is too hard to track. Like Eureka...

Or you could have travel Ranma around the world and meeting different people while not using previous crossovers again.

I'm actually planning on doing that, for the most part. I'm also planning of having the other xovers meet, but no more than two at a time, and just every now and then.

Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby Makoto » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:40 pm

However, since the Instant packs may be 'weak' magic, the curses might well not even 'stack' or have different, unpredictable effects altogether. I suppose it would be your call. :D
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Ideas