Ranma Dark Moon-The Evil Senshi-Who Would Switch Sides

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby crystlshake » Fri May 26, 2006 4:46 am

If you wanted to up the creepy index on Pluto you could try either making her over emotional (as a counterpoint to how she is normally portrayed) or add a Kodachi-esque laugh. Or even both. Kinda like a mix between Shampoo and Kodachi (shudder). Fanaticism for the win.
'The willow knows what the storm does not. The power to endure pain outlives the power to inflict it.' -MtG, Blood of the Martyr
Appointed Spamville Inquisition Deputy by Shadell September 27, 2006.
Appointed Himitsu's Loyal Left Hand Girl October 26, 2006.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby GenocideHeart » Fri May 26, 2006 6:22 am

The Pluto from this fic might end up being a fanatic who doesn't care if the entire universe burns, so long as she's reunited with her lover.
The best way to ensure she comes across as disturbing, then, would be to have her completely disregard anyone else's well-being - that is, she'll turn even on the other 'converted' Outers without hesitation if she thinks they're getting between her and Ranma.
Hell, she might even just outright eliminate the 'good' Pluto and take her place, manipulating the 'good' Senshi into protecting Ranma under some excuse, regardless of what that excuse does to Crystal Tokyo.
"When the Planessss burnnnn and all life is torchesss, then Ignusss ssshall at lassst... be at peace..."
--Ignus, Planescape: Torment
"Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe."
--Vhailor, Planescape: Torment
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby mice » Fri May 26, 2006 8:20 am

talking about creepy...
mice now got this vision of dark pluto being kuno-istic by hating/attacking male ranma and while chasing female ranma...
(which would work as long as ranma is not locked)
mice
Senshi Candidate

Postby GenocideHeart » Fri May 26, 2006 10:02 am

Nah, Kuno and Kodachi are enough for that. Have someone who, for once, doesn't give a damn whether it's male or female, so long as she's convinced it's the princess. :p
"When the Planessss burnnnn and all life is torchesss, then Ignusss ssshall at lassst... be at peace..."
--Ignus, Planescape: Torment
"Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe."
--Vhailor, Planescape: Torment
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby deathgeonous » Fri May 26, 2006 10:04 pm

The Princess is Dark Pluto's Misstress, in ALL ways, and is very subservent to her, as well as conctently trying to ease her life. ANY threat to her Princess, like the old fiancees, the old rivals, Genma, Soun an Nodoka, are going to be in a LOT of trouble with her, if Ranma doesn't relise what Dark Pluto has in store for them. Pity their very souls, for Dark Pluto has none.
does anybody have some good ideas on Dark Uranus and Dark Neptune though? Nobodies talking about them.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Sat May 27, 2006 12:05 am

You could make them extremely protective of Ranma or dark sailor moon and because of that Dark Pluto is very paranoid about them trying to steal the princess from her.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Sat May 27, 2006 1:24 am

deathgeonous wrote:Medation you say Dragon Man? If my memory serves me right, Ranma wasn't to into meditation. And I just thought of something a little while ago. The Dark Saturn could NEVER be mistaken for normal Saturn, becuse Dark Saturn would be in her adult form, now wouldn't she? That's sure to make not only normal Saturn jellous, but all the normal Senshi jellous, of her looks. Just a random thought that came to me.
I seem to remember Ranma meditating at times in the manga.
I remembered this DARK thread on Anime Addventure.
http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/f ... f+Darkness
It has the senshi become dark versions of them selves.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Sat May 27, 2006 2:39 am

For Uranus and Neptune maybe instead of being fairly ruthless like the 'good' versions they are kind of soft and dont like to fight as much. Kind of more like the 'good' inners in behaviour regarding their duty. Could throw a few interesting wrenches into the works if they get confused with the 'good' ones. Especially during the arc where they are hunting for the grail and inspecting heart crystals. It would really confuse the 'good' Inners then.
'The willow knows what the storm does not. The power to endure pain outlives the power to inflict it.' -MtG, Blood of the Martyr
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Darth Thanatos » Sat May 27, 2006 4:42 am

Terms of loyaty, as I see them:
Inners: loyal to the person (Serenity).
Outers: loyal to the Empire.
Exceptions: Saturn and Mercury
Pluto's duty to the timeline makes clear her loyalty to the Empire as an idea. That might make turn her against the Empress if she sees Seremnity as a threat to the long term life of the Empire. So there is a chance for her to chance sides. Or she might be just horny for Ranma. Both sides.
Neptune and Uranus are soldiers with the mindset of a soldier: if it is not good for the Empire, it might be bad, so let's kill it before it turns really dangerous. A darker version of "sacrifices have to be made", I think. I am tempted to suggest that either the good ones and the dark ones kill themselves mutually... or they end in a foursome. :twisted:
Saturn is seen more like a weapon, so I think she could have been "encouraged" to obey orders and not think by herself. That could be the weak point that will let her be the first or second turned to the Other Side. Hell, she might enjoy being feared, as opposed to the more meek Hotaru.
Also don't forget that Dark Saturn hasn't experienced Mistress 9 or anything like that. If Hotaru and her dark counterpart were able to share memories (secondary effect of DS healing Hotaru in a very touching scene may be?) I see DS switching sides faster than Usagi finishing an icecream.
And yes, I can see her as a "I like to tear wings from flies" or "I blow holes in that wall because it's there" type of person.
As for Mercury being an exception, I think that the first loyalty of any Mercury is to Knowledge. Silver Mercury is totally devoted to Usagi, but, before Usagi's coming into her life, Ami was a loner whose only friends were the books, so it might be possible that DMercury's first devotion went to acquire more knowledge. Incidentally, DMercury most assuredly wouldn't shy from turning someone inside out to see what makes them tick. Ryoga or Mousse as test subjects are the first to come to mind. And with a quick wit and a sharp mind, I can also see her playing mind tricks on everyone just to get a kick or to study their reactions. Think Nabiki going reaaally evil. And then put both together. :shock:
A Venus the Goddess of Lust and Sex?
A really bitter Jupiter?
An "I can make a pissed off Akane look tame" Mars?
A Kuno-esque Mamoru hating Ranma's guts?
You can have several kinds of evil for the Dark Milennium, though there are two that come to mind easily:
Dragonlance-style ("Evil turns against itself"), with lots of bickering and infighting, controled (barely) by the Empress. I think this is the one that makes easier the defections, specially if they see something to gain.
StarWars-style, with the Empress radiating command and discipline (and fear) among her subjects. I think this one is harder to write in the way you intend the fic to go, but it would also have a more coherent aspect.
And in any case, I doubt that friendship and loyalty (and love and justice for that matter) are important in the Dark Moon, so the people should act accordingly.
Ne volnuites, Aeria Gloris

Midboss rank Z, promoted by "Ice Cream Thief" Himitsu on 2007-03-21
Darth Thanatos
"I am still a powerpuff girl!"

Postby ChasTaro » Sat May 27, 2006 9:08 pm

Here's an idea. When Dark Serinity finds out that her daugther has turned against her, she's glad that the spoilt brat finaly got a backbone, and is asserting herself. After all Serinity took the throne from her mother by turning against her. Oh! She still will want to put the princess
in her place, She's just glad her daugthers not a wimp.
If you live to seek revenge, dig a grave for two.
ChasTaro
Senshi Cadet

Postby deathgeonous » Sat May 27, 2006 9:46 pm

That might be a good idea ChasTaro.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dragon Man » Sat May 27, 2006 9:56 pm

deathgeonous wrote:Um, an EVIL Saturn wouldn't just beat them up. I see this in my mind. Dark Saturn sees the bullys beating up little Hotaru. Dark Saturn cries out "Leave her alone!" then powers up and does a Slient Glave Surprise, angled just at the right angel to hit all of the bullies and miss Hotaru. then Hotaru yells at Dark Saturn, Saying, "You killed them! you can't do that!" leading to a, descusion, (Read Verbal Browbeating) on when and who it is ok to kill. Then Dark Saturn would reserect the bullies, to apease the pissed of little Hotaru. Then comes the Ice Cream with Ranma, as Ranma expains things to Dark Saturn all over again.

I love it! Being resurected would make the bullies even more creeped out since they would know they had been dead and brought back. And the argument would go in Hotaru's favor when she started to cry, because I'm pretty sure that Dark Saturn won't like seeing her cry and will agree to anything to make her stop.
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Sun May 28, 2006 12:11 am

Depending on the type of contrast you want to present, since NQS supposedly rules with the power of love, could as mentioned before have DQS rule with fear (being super strong-kind of an analog to many of the senshi's previous enemies as well). Or perhaps the kingdom is more like the current one in England where the real power is held by the congress or comitee. It seems that most of the Dark Kingdom types have infighting (which is the consequence of rule by strength). Some twist on it would help it stand out. Since they are coming from anouther dimension, perhaps there is some court or greater populace that could be hinted at or play a part at some point to draw further contrast between an existing kingdom and one with just a few royals trying to resurect one. Maybe using the Drow society as a template would work. Kind of has a matriarchial edge to it too.
Perhaps Hotaru is able to intervene and prevent her counterpart from sheding too much blood or killing anyone. Down the road sometime one of the saved bullies could help her out somehow, after getting over the shock and maturing a little maybe. Even a formal public appology.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Kadunta » Sun May 28, 2006 2:08 am

A few minor things that came to my mind, not directly related to who should defect or not... First, is Sailor Moon's (and henceforth also Dark Serenity's) power to remove the power of the senshi pure fanon? If not, this should be addressed lest you end up with powerless defected Sailors.
Second, do the two universes share the same planetary power sources, ie. is the power of Mars divided among the senshi of Mars of different universes? Though obviously there are separate Gates of Time in both universes, so I guess this should be the case with the planets as well. Might've brought up some power competition and tension between the senshi counterparts... although if this aspect is taken to the logical extreme, the power potential for each planet should be infinite (unless you have only a finite number of universes in existence, which usually isn't the road taken). But what if the powers cannot be harnessed from another universe, ie. the dark and good senshi must tap into the same power source when they're in the same universe? (I'm just floating an idea... sorry if your fic already excludes this possibility or if this goes against the canon...)
"Nothing desiccates a mind so much as its repugnance to conceive obscure ideas."
-- E.M.Cioran, "All Gall Is Divided", translation by Richard Howard
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Guest » Sun May 28, 2006 6:21 am

I find this fascinating.
Reguarding Uranus and Neptune
Uranus and Neptune don't lend themselves to dark defectors very well, but here's some potentional ideas.
Bizzaro Queen Serenity does not like relationships amongst the senshi. It makes them weak, dependant, harder to control. This naturally puts her at odds with them and gives an easy defection excuse.
or
Instead of being loyal soldiers to them empire, Bizzaro Uranus and Neptune are the leaders of the senshi pacifists(or even... slackers) and so much prefer working for the princess becauce they would be forced to fight less.
or you could just have them listen to whatever Pluto says, and run with that.
Reguarding Saturn
Assuming she's pure evil and enjoys clipping butterfly wings for fun, this would naturally make her a quite scary person. You could introduce her to Ranma with a fight(say defending a child that said Saturn had wierd hair). Doesn't matter who would end up winning, it would just show that Ranma has the backbone to stand up to her , even if she could vaporize him. This would allow you to have her see Ranma as a possible leader(Won't bow to someone afraid of her) or even a love interest if you wanna make the Ranma/Hotaru fans happy or add some conflict for dark Pluto.(Can't have a lover who creams themselves at the sight of her, Some people may be into that but she isn't) :lol:
Oh, and for some humor
Dark Mars should be a pyromaniac
Dark Mercury should be an Evil Genius(Snow Leopard for petting)
Dark Venus....The senshi dominatrix
Switch the roles of Uranus and Neptune for the heck of it. Neptune can be the butch pants-man and Uranus can be the elegant lady
And for really funny kicks, Make Kuno the lost soul of Bizarro Endymion
That is all
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas