(Ranma/FSN) The Stars of Shades

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Frog » Fri May 26, 2006 12:09 am

Ah. Didn't catch that the first time around. I need to recheck my info on Hollow/Atraxia but I thought Bazette died right after she summoned Lancer though.

Bazette dies before the War starts. An exact time is not given, but it's not immediately after summoning Lancer. If I recall right, she summons him back in Ireland (uncertain here) before going to Japan where Kotomine once again sweet talks her before betraying her and making off with her arm.
Also, from Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, Bazette did not even actually die, but was kept barely alive for half a year after the war by Avenger until Karen (?) found her. However, for the purpose of the story, Bazette will only be making one appearance.
Yes but I thought it was partly due to the mechanics of being summoned by another Servant that pinned Assasin down. Because Caster couldn't feed him all the mana he needed he had to stay at the temple so he could tap into the resevoir that Caster discovered beneath it otherwise bye-bye Assasin.

The way I understand things is that being summoned by Caster weakened Assassin's stats lower than they should be. Also, he could not move beyond the gate's, not because he did not wish it, but because he was only getting enough Mana to move around the Temple.
In Ranma's case, there is nothing that can be done for his stats. The moment he was summoned by Caster his natural stats were lowered to compensate. However, I made up a solution for the Mana situation. Thus we have Ranma up and about and we have a story to go with it. Whoot.
Actually what I was referring to was having the character who has already been raped on multiple occasions attacked by a different group of rapists seems to play into some very nasty sterotypes about rape victims. Why not have Ranma save her from a runaway car or something along those lines. After all those years of abuse having Sakura's self-preservation instincts short out is well within the realms of plausability

I'm ignorant as to what steretypes you are referring to. I'll admit though that sexual assault is easily replacable for the purpose of rescuing Sakura. Could just as easily be muggers or just highschool delinquents looking for an excuse to act tough. Rapists were just the first thing to come to my mind in this case. I kinda like your idea about the car. It has definite possibilities.
Sorry if the usage of 'rapists' there offended anybodies sensibilities, but that's not absolutely essential to the story I want to tell. So long as Ranma saves Sakura at some point then it's all good, yeah?
Move, make way, truth is coming through
The era of justice will come
There are songs of hope too
I would happily sacrifice my life for this world.
Frog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Knight of L-sama » Fri May 26, 2006 2:09 am

Frog wrote:I'm ignorant as to what steretypes you are referring to.

Not so much a sterotype really (poor choice of wording really), but more of the blame the victim mentality. On the surface of it it comes across a little like that since she's been raped by her family members repeatedly and then having yet another group attempting to rape her seems to be pointing the finger at Sakura, as if somehow it's her fault. I'm not saying that was your intent its just how it came across to me on the first reading.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Frog » Sat May 27, 2006 6:32 pm

Then I'll change it then *shrugs* It's no big deal really.
I've been reading translations of the first few days of the FATE route over at the Beast's Lair forum. This has given me the potentially disastrous idea of writing the entire story from Ranma's POV to mimic the way that the game is narrated, first from Rin's POV and then from Shirou's. It'd be a fun challenge, but one that I might not have the mettle to see through. For some reason, even writing dialogue for Ranma is incredibly difficult for me, let alone narrate everything from his POV. Blech.
Another thing, I'm gonna have to change the ending I had planned >,> The translation has given me some insights into Shirou's character that I was not aware of before so some of the actions I wanted him to take would seem wildly out of character for him.
I really, really wish there were non-chinese translations for Heaven's Feel floating around. I'd feel much more secure undertaking this.
Move, make way, truth is coming through
The era of justice will come
There are songs of hope too
I would happily sacrifice my life for this world.
Frog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Previous

Return to Ideas