OK, I have an idea... (long post warning)

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Lightspire » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:45 pm

Well, essentially, I DO have Genma kill himself. I'm probably going to have him kick Ranma out of the family in front of nodoka, that way, since he is kicked out o fthe clan, he can't be killed. He can't regain any honor, but he'll be alive. Genma then will have snuck in scrolls and a note for her to read later, and he will kill himself, but will have hopefully assured that ranma can go on.
As for using the orrb thing... I actually have a lot invested in making it so that there was another planet. Beryl will have first used ranma's planet as a launching point, but it was destroyed before she could do much manage outside the planets influence. Later, she launches a succesful attack from Earth. (This catches the queen unawares, since everyone thought Beyl was dead..)
There once was a boy who turned into a girl,
his fiancee's cooking always made him hurl.
Instead of eating one day, he tried to throw it away, and now he has a bird's eye view of the world.
Lightspire
Senshi Cadet

Postby Misfortune’s Delight » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:51 pm

well I think the idea overall is pretty good and if you wrote it I would probably read it.
I'm guessing Makoto would already be a salior scout, just be a private detective on the side.
“Well the outrages I have suffered today will not be soon forgotten, I will not be forgetting those outrages, No they won’t be forgotten, No not the outrages.........
Yeah, Yeah the outrages I think we got it.”- Stewie, and Brian from Family Guy
Misfortune’s Delight
Initiate

Postby Greybara » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:32 pm

im pretty sure that asteroid belt is really really close to the inner plannets so it would be kind of weird if it was concidered an "outer" planet, its your will what you do with your fanfiction but that plantet hasnt been around since life started.
Greybara
Senshi Candidate

Asteroid belt

Postby Misfortune’s Delight » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:49 pm

I think the asteroid belt your thinking of, is the one between Mars and Jupiter. If that is the asteroid belt that she would have to be an inner you would think.
“Well the outrages I have suffered today will not be soon forgotten, I will not be forgetting those outrages, No they won’t be forgotten, No not the outrages.........
Yeah, Yeah the outrages I think we got it.”- Stewie, and Brian from Family Guy
Misfortune’s Delight
Initiate

Postby Greybara » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:49 pm

that and people would have had to exist before there was fish like life on the earth
Greybara
Senshi Candidate

Moon

Postby Dark Magic » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:22 pm

Or you could make her repersent a star that being why she wasn't a real sailor scout or make her repersent one of jupiter's moons. that way she already has some connection to Makoto.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Lightspire » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:20 pm

The reason why she wouldn't be an inner is because the inners (as I am lead to believe) were the bodyguards of the princess. Her planet was never really under Serenity's jurisdiction (one of the reasons why it was chosen to be blown up so quickly when the "first attack" happened.) When Ranma "ascended" to senshi status, she didn't really care about protecting royalty, so she was instead sent to assist the outers in protecting the solar system form threats, rather than watch over a young princess. When her planet was destroyed, she forsook (is that right?) the Queen and her empire, and went vigilante, until Beryl struck a second time, where she came back and assisted serenity for the sake of citizens safety in general.
You might wonder, then, why Serenity would reincarnate her, if she went rogue... Well, while the queen knew she was a loose cannon, she figured that a senshi's a senshi, and Ranma fought against Beryl alongside them, anyway, so she reincarnated Ranma, too.
I have written a good amount of it, though a lot is in notebooks I'd have to track down, and also on old computers... Basically, it's all up in my noggin at the moment, though I generally know how everything goes up until Ranma reaches Tokyo. (I just never wrote that far, and always got stuck re-writing her time in Tokyo.) I'm trying to re-write it from memory, but I have a lot of papers and what-not due for school at this time, so it'll be a couple of weeks before the first official chapter is out. (after that, of course, chapters will probably come out like gangbusters...) Right now I'm also trying to research and figure out whether my information on SM is good, and how far I'll be deviating from canon.
Instead of eating one day, he tried to throw it away, and now he has a bird's eye view of the world.
Lightspire
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dark Magic » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:37 pm

So what your saying is that she would basically go Batman on them.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Lightspire » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:04 pm

Well, I never thought of putting it that way, but essentially, yeah, I guess. One of the ways I was going to send her to Tokyo was to be on the war-path taking out the members of yakuza group, but then scrapped it, since yakuza and Sailor moon just wouldn't mix very well. I suppose I could make them tainted yakuza, serving some dark lord, in which case it might be do-able (Since Makoto would be a Private eye and sailor scout..)
In which case, she would be more like Azrael when he took the mantle, and be pretty extreme with her methods (ie, killing yakuza and leaving her monniker on a nearby wall in their blood). But since I don't really know much about the yakuza, and it would take the fic a bit more away from sailor moon than I'd like, I scrapped the idea, which unfoprtunately took me back to square one with getting Ranma back to tokyo...
The sad thing is... I have the silver millenium story planned out, the Ranma on her own thing planned out, but not really her meeting with the senshi... (Though when I went with the yakuza thing, I got as far as having her meet the outers...)
Lightspire
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dark Magic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:15 pm

You could have move to Tokyo to help out with monster fighting. Or because of all the monsters the cops don't pay attention to the petty stuff so she comes to help out. Of course do what you feel is right it's your fic.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby holyknight » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:04 pm

Lightspire wrote:Well, I never thought of putting it that way, but essentially, yeah, I guess. One of the ways I was going to send her to Tokyo was to be on the war-path taking out the members of yakuza group, but then scrapped it, since yakuza and Sailor moon just wouldn't mix very well. I suppose I could make them tainted yakuza, serving some dark lord, in which case it might be do-able (Since Makoto would be a Private eye and sailor scout..)
In which case, she would be more like Azrael when he took the mantle, and be pretty extreme with her methods (ie, killing yakuza and leaving her monniker on a nearby wall in their blood). But since I don't really know much about the yakuza, and it would take the fic a bit more away from sailor moon than I'd like, I scrapped the idea, which unfoprtunately took me back to square one with getting Ranma back to tokyo...
The sad thing is... I have the silver millenium story planned out, the Ranma on her own thing planned out, but not really her meeting with the senshi... (Though when I went with the yakuza thing, I got as far as having her meet the outers...)

hmm.....have you checked something like Tenjou Tenge? that would make the fic a total SNAFU.....
holyknight
Senshi Candidate

Previous

Return to Ideas