Uncommon Crossovers.

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Post

Postby Musouka » Wed May 03, 2006 6:17 am

stratagemini wrote:I haven't seen a Ranma Digimon cross ever either. there's a lot of potential there depending on what series you want to model it on, or if you want to make your own variation. I can definately see A young Ranma having gone into The Digital world either alone or with a team. And not the 01 digital world, Tamers, a digital world where it's almost impossible to survive.

Here's some Ranma/Digimon xovers. Has Ranma as Davis
http://ladycosmos.anifics.com/stories/cod.txt
http://ladycosmos.anifics.com/x-over/dd.html
http://ladycosmos.anifics.com/stories/ef.txt
I'd like to see if there are any other good Battletech xovers besides Saotome Gambit.
stratagemini wrote:Ranma/X-Men
We've all seen stories where ranma gets a beneficial mutant power and the tendos are all friend of humanity bigots. But what if ranma didn't get a beneficial mutant power? What if he got something horrible. Like having his skin excrete poison similar to teh poison arrow tree frog? Of course, teh only way for ranma to find this out would be to accidentally kill someone while fighting or sparring with them. and the Tendo family is not likely to house a murderer. It would really screw up Ranma's life because the poison can be transfered to objects via touch. And of course, Ranma's unlikely to realize what is happening at first...

Maybe make it so that the only ones that can neutralize his mutation/not be affected are those with similar mutation(i.e. skin contact) He could probably end up with Rogue or maybe Penance from GenX.
I'd also like to see some cross with Top Cow comic books like Magdalena, Tomb Raider, Witchblade and Darkness.
Darkness
Nodoka got raped by/fell in love with Danny Estacado(Jackie's dad). Unfortunately, bearers of the Darkness die immediately after their sons are conceived so what is a pregnant, unmarried, and traditional Japanese woman to do?
a) Find a husband of course! But what man would accept a woman carrying another man's child? A idiot, that's who.
b) She sees Ranma as the spawn of the man who raped her. The Seppuku pledge would just give her a reason to go 'OFF WITH HIS HEAD!' when she has been hoping that Genma would succeed in killing Ranma during the trip
Witchblade
Many women have wielded this powerful weapon, most having influenced the course of history. One of these wielders was a Amazon guiding her people away from the repressive Romans on a journey to the east. She fell in a skirmish during their travels, her people settling down near the place she died and eventually becoming know as the Chinese Amazons.
Ranma falls into the Drowned Girl spring and finds the Witchblade. How will the Amazons react to a male being the owner of "their" sacred relic?
Magdalena
In their never ending quest of training, Genma takes Ranma to the fabled Knights of Malta to learn their fighting secrets. Ranma becomes Kristoff's protege and meets Patience...
Tomb Raider
Genma + treasure. 'nuff said.
Last edited by Musouka on Wed May 03, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Wed May 03, 2006 6:24 am

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/454277/1/
heres a pretty good one thats a digimon crossover, completed too.
If I remember right it is crossed with season 2. I wont spoil it with more description than that though.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Innortal » Wed May 03, 2006 6:31 am

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1363568/1/
here's a good one, mixed with OMG! It is based in the Digimon Tamers saga, with Ranma as Takato's brother, and Skuld as Reika's sister.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Draknor » Wed May 03, 2006 6:42 am

Maybe have a Ranma/Trinity Blood fanfic or a Ranma/Monster fanfic...
Well as for the Monster series, have Ranma or one of the Wrecking Crew as the serial killer.
Trinity Blood either have Ranma as a priest who is part of Ax or a priestess or a vampire out to destroy mankind for vengeance due to an earlier incident.
There's also the Elder Scrolls and No One Lives Forever in which Ranma or one of the fiancees were picked to be Cate Archer's replacement after the latter were incapacitated in a trap set up by H.A.R.M
Draknor
Initiate

Postby Innortal » Wed May 03, 2006 6:53 am

Can't be any worse than a Ranma/Dark Sesame Street crossover.
Ernie: "What did you say, Rubber Ducky? Yes, that is a good way to kill them. [insert evil Ernie laugh]
Ranma: "HOW THE HELL DID I GET HERE!"
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Neko- » Wed May 03, 2006 6:57 am

Dark Sesame Street... Looking at that quote of Ernie, I can picture Himitsu saying that... But that's Spamville
But a 'Ranma/Fukufics Spamville' crossover is highly unlikely/uncommon :P
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Innortal » Wed May 03, 2006 7:01 am

Sorry, but the idea hit me at work today, talking about Sesame Street/Saw crossovers and such, as well as Dark Bert and Ernie.
One good scene was some people lost in the woods, eharing Ernie's laugh and RD's squeaks from opposite sides.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Neko- » Wed May 03, 2006 7:12 am

RD??? Hell if I know who that is. Maybe called differently in the US vs. my dutch upbringing with sesame street. (Big Bird is yellow in the states, but blue over here, and is just called 'Pino' for a reference to what the changing is all about. Ernie and Bert are still called Ernie and Bert tho).
One good scene was some people lost in the woods, hearing Ernie's laugh and RD's squeaks from opposite sides.

Now let's rewrite:
One good scene was some people lost on the Fukufics forum, hearing Himitsu's laugh and Ace's squeals from opposite sides.

I'd better stop here before this really gets out of hand. >_<
As to a rare crossover around... Ranma/Guyver. I recall seeing about 3 stories or so about that particular combination.
Or if you want to go into the ludicrous: Ranma/Ebichu. Now that one I have never seen sofar. Ranma with his pet hamster making all kinds of comments on his sexlife driving him mad... :shock:
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Innortal » Wed May 03, 2006 7:15 am

RD is Rubber Ducky.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby holyknight » Wed May 03, 2006 2:28 pm

Dark Magic wrote:I would love to see a Ranma/Final Fantasy 7 crossover. Can't really think of any ideas because the two things seem to be really different. But I would love to see one.

Hmmm....annoy Lord Rance for a continuation of his Path of Chaos Saga...and you will get a surprise..........although...you will need a crowbar to take him off his Emulators......Nintendo Junkie certified indeed....
:shock:
holyknight
Senshi Candidate

Re: Uncommon Crossovers.

Postby Knight of L-sama » Wed May 03, 2006 8:22 pm

Frog wrote:4. Ranma + Fate/Stay Night - Now this one just came to my mind while I was writing the others so it's extremely raw. It would involve the current War for the Holy Grail and Caster, my favorite female servant. Caster would, seeking to gain an avantage in the war, summon her own Servant, Assassin. Only in this case she wouldn't summon the Heroic Spirit of one Sakaki Kojiro, but the Heroic Spirit of one Ranma Saotome, martial artist extraordinaire who died only recently under mysterious circumstances during a trip to China. To make it more interesting it could be that Caster made some mistake in the summoning and Assassin (Ranma) lost his memories of his contract with the Throne of Heroes and as such he believes that he is the real Ranma Saotome and not some reanimated shade. He'd try to regain control of his life and get into quarrels with Caster about his name ('I'm Ranma!' 'You're just Assassin. Dont make me use a command seal!'). Hijinks would ensue until the War really gets underway. Then chaos would ensue.

Interesting idea but F/SN canon would require some refinements. Firstly canon doesn't require Ranma to be recently dead. The details of how this is known is spoilerific for the other storylines but the Servants can have non-linear personal timelines meaning its possible for a Servant to actually be summoned into a Grail War while there past, pre-heroic self is still alive.
Also I have a hard time seeing Caster summoning Ranma. While it's possible to summon a specific individual it requires something owned by the hero in life. Otherwise its determined by personality compatability and given her actions in the series Caster and Ranma would not seem compatible (though that's interpetation).
My own idea for a RanmaxF/SN crossover tends to involve Ranma summoned as a hero in an earlier or later Grail War (preferably later to avoid violating canon-backstory)
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Light02 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:44 pm

holyknight wrote:
Dark Magic wrote:I would love to see a Ranma/Final Fantasy 7 crossover. Can't really think of any ideas because the two things seem to be really different. But I would love to see one.

Hmmm....annoy Lord Rance for a continuation of his Path of Chaos Saga...and you will get a surprise..........although...you will need a crowbar to take him off his Emulators......Nintendo Junkie certified indeed....
:shock:

Indeed right now he's playing Riviera - The Promised Land, also spends alot of time looking up moments for later arcs.
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Tweeker » Wed May 03, 2006 9:46 pm

has anyone thought about a ranma cross with this new series Eureka 7 or Air Gear? i think those would be interesting
How could you... The poor thing...
Tweeker
Senshi Candidate

Re: Uncommon Crossovers.

Postby Adyen » Thu May 04, 2006 1:13 am

Airgear... Strangely enough, I think Ranma would beat the shit out of anyone using Airgears even WITHOUT them. The only advantages wearin g an airgear over not wearing them (for Ranma) is extra speed and weapon. It's only when you start using the more fancy stuff that the difference widens, but Ranma (post-canon) can make up for a lot of it already.
Adyen
Senshi Cadet

Postby stratagemini » Thu May 04, 2006 1:21 am

First off, It's American McGee's Sesame Street. Because Everyone knows what that means!
And I was reading Cheeky Angel (Tenshi no Konamaiki) and I'm noticing a whole hell of a lot of similarities. Disgarding the whole ending of teh series, What happens when genma is the one to defend the wizard, and after only a month or so into his trip (So he hasn't forgotten the Seppuku pledge) wishes for ranma to be "A Man Amongst men" or "the Manliest man Ever" or whatever variation you wish. Of course... The Evil Clown would end up turning Ranma into a Woman among Women... But these kinds of things happen.
It would have teh Ranma Cast, only If Ranma was permanently female and had time to adjust to it for a while? It might be interesting the subtle changes (like Mousse wanting Ranma and/instead of shampoo).
thanks for the links to Digimon/Ranma Crossovers. I'll look them over soon.
And Just while we're on Comics. Ranma/Deadpool crossovers. It'd probably be a humorous oneshot with The Merc with the mouth trying to Off ranma because Kuno hired him to "Kill the Foul sorceror saotome and protect teh pigtailed goddess" Of course. Deadpool would have to realize that Ranma was both of them....
I See in Your Eyes, The same fear that would take the heart of me.
A Day may come, when the courage of men fails!
When we forsake our works, and break all bond of authorship- But Is Not THIS Day!
This Day, We WRITE!
stratagemini
Moon Cat Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas