A Doctor Who/Sailor Moon x-over

For submitting and talking about story ideas. Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

A Doctor Who/Sailor Moon x-over

Postby Red Baron » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:15 pm

I was on the TFF.net site, the other day, and I came across this post:
PCHeinz72 wrote:Actually, Crystal Tokyo aside, one can put a dark spin on everything they do.
Over the last year, I've had several discussions with people pn this topic. One was with Trugeta on Shinji's forum, another over at Anifics. A couple others with individuals.
While I do not have time currently for a long arguement on it, consider just for example:
Despite the fact they announce all their intros as being a defender of Love and Justice, they have no law on their side other than their own, this makes them nothing more than glorified vigilantes.
They come in, in many cases cause more damage than the monsters themselves, and then leave quickly. They do not wait for the law to show, or bother contacting for help.
On a similar note, they do not bother informing the law on what occurs either.
Would they allow themselves to be caught by the law, billed for damages incurred, held prisoner, put on trial, put in jail, if need be? I doubt it.
Have they made any move to coordinate with the law on combined efforts to get rid of evil influences.
I'm also unconvinced Sailor Moons healing attack is in all cases as innocent as it seems, considering some of the effects shown by those it has been used on.

It gave me an idea.
I wrote:The plot idea is, the Sailor Senshi, in their zeal, have disrupted several UN programmes in Japan, and so UNIT (a military force whose job is protect the Human Commonwealth from any threat, be it an alien invader, or an ancient race of sentient reptiles who live underground) is despatched to deal with the Sailor Scouts.

The thing is, I know nothing about Sailor Moon, so I want to know if anyone would be interested in handling the Sailor Moon side of this fic, while I wrote the Doctor Who side of it.
Red Baron
Initiate

Postby Metroidvania » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:51 pm

So, just for clarification and hopeful extension of this, you'd have some plot pattern that commmandeers the doctor's TARDIS and whoever his companion at the time is be sent to deal with the Senshi?
And you may wish to add more, your idea is still lacking a few facets of the rules for this particular forum.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Red Baron » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:22 am

No. As I said, a delegation from UNIT (UK) goes to Japan to find out just who these Sailor Senshi are, and either fold them into UNIT (Japan), or if the delegation deems it neccessary, take steps to prevent them from wrecking Japan any more.
The delegation from UNIT (UK), consists of:
Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
Sergeant Benton
Jo Grant
and, of course,
The Doctor (Jon Pertwee incarnation).
Red Baron
Initiate

Postby Knight of L-sama » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:20 am

Two issues that must be addressed.
First is that that according to the new series of Doctor Who is that while UNIT as a whole is under UN juristiction the individual branches are made up of members seconded from local military forces and as such if theirs a Japanese Branch of UNIT it would most likely be made of of SSDF members. As such sending the Doctor and his companion de jure as an advisor wouldn't be too much of a stretch the rest of UNIT's UK branch might be.
The other issue is much bigger and comes from the Sailor Moon side. Spefically how to reconcile the differences between Time Travel mechanics in the two universes. Sailor Pluto's mandate as the Guardian of the Gates of Time is to prevent interference in the time lines and while the Third Doctor might have been stuck in time and space the First, Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth and Tenth as well others, Time Lords or not where gallivanting all through time in what is her jurstiction at will. That issue must be addressed and Pluto would probably be aware of the effect of the Time War as well.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:04 am

In several episodes (and books) of Dr Who, he is heard to say "Time will sort itself out", whenever one of his compainions worries about the effect that their adventures have on the future (or the present).
This could be argued that any time travel done the way the time lords do it has allready happened, and will happen.... (F*&K! I hate trying to describe timetravel!!!)
Another idea is that the time gates were there to mop up after the time lords. Or that it's tied to TARDIS's in general.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Mitchell » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:05 am

Actually part of the second issue could be by restricting the ability of the time gate to affect anything outside of the sol system. Also put her in the position of the 'self proclaimed' guardian of time. You would have to fudge a few facts but it could work. Perhaps you could make her a companion of an earlier time lord or something?
Mitchell
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Red Baron » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:06 am

Knight of L-sama wrote:Two issues that must be addressed.
First is that that according to the new series of Doctor Who is that while UNIT as a whole is under UN juristiction the individual branches are made up of members seconded from local military forces and as such if theirs a Japanese Branch of UNIT it would most likely be made of of SSDF members. As such sending the Doctor and his companion de jure as an advisor wouldn't be too much of a stretch the rest of UNIT's UK branch might be.
The other issue is much bigger and comes from the Sailor Moon side. Spefically how to reconcile the differences between Time Travel mechanics in the two universes. Sailor Pluto's mandate as the Guardian of the Gates of Time is to prevent interference in the time lines and while the Third Doctor might have been stuck in time and space the First, Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth and Tenth as well others, Time Lords or not where gallivanting all through time in what is her jurstiction at will. That issue must be addressed and Pluto would probably be aware of the effect of the Time War as well.

1) Well, the UK branch of UNIT have a hell of a lot of experience of dealing with weird stuff, what with Autons and Daleks and the Master. UNIT (Japan) would probably only deal with Godzilla, et al.
2) I think maybe The White Guardian and Sailor Pluto would be having words with each other, and not appear. I dunno.
I suppose you want a looksie at what I got so far?
Red Baron
Initiate

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:32 am

I find this very interesting.
I also think as much trouble as the second Doctor got into maybe he had run-ins with Setsuna before? Causing her to react a certain way to the third Doctor?
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby ChasTaro » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:02 pm

It seems to me that the time gates are a more primitive device than a Tardis. The Time gate is liner in nature, only having travel in time; from point A to point B at the gate itself. While a Tardis is able to travel not only in time, but also in space. You could have the Time Gates be a relic abandoned by the Time Lords, in favor of the better Tardis's. Ether given to, or found by the early Silver Millennium. If given, certain restrictions would have been placed on its use, and a Time Lord would be concerned if he felt those had been violated. If found a Time Lord would see its use as illegal use of a time travel devise. Ether way you have grounds for the Doctor to want to go to Japan, and investigate these Senshi, and for Pluto to be worried.
If you live to seek revenge, dig a grave for two.
ChasTaro
Senshi Cadet

Return to Ideas