Wyrm Chapter 1 - teaser

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Wyrm Chapter 1 - teaser

Postby Togashi Gaijin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:33 am

If you want a sneak peek at some rough Work In Progress, wander over to http://gaijinsrealm.com/wyrm/wyrm01.htm for a preview of the first part of Wyrm chapter 1. I'm a little over halfway done with this chapter and I'm having a blast thinking up obscure ways to torture the two main protagonists.
Yes, I'm being my usual twisted self here. Hope you enjoy the peek. :)
======================
Togashi Gaijin, Twisted Wordsmith
> http://gaijinsrealm.com
======================
Togashi Gaijin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Druid » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:14 am

Hm... quite interesting. Something tells me that Ranma won't be at the dojo when he wakes next.
Good to see your writing again.
You don't need a reason to help people.
Druid
Senshi Cadet

Postby Togashi Gaijin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:49 pm

"We're not in Kansas anymore, ..." :shock:
======================
Togashi Gaijin, Twisted Wordsmith
> http://gaijinsrealm.com
======================
Togashi Gaijin
Senshi Cadet

Postby Nukem » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:26 pm

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....
Q: where will Ranma-chan arrive?
Maybe at Sirus will reading (SHE '*eg* will get some/most of the stuff)?
Nukem
Senshi Cadet

Postby Musouka » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:53 pm

They discover that there's STILL a living Black?
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Hazard » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:40 am

That's a rather common thing, Ranma is the last remaining Black... No, it would be more fun if she becomes the Heir to the Blacks because of some random process.
The measure of someone's sanity is decided by popular vote.
Hazard
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kraude » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:11 pm

Hazard wrote:That's a rather common thing, Ranma is the last remaining Black... No, it would be more fun if she becomes the Heir to the Blacks because of some random process.

Here goes some alternative to Ranma being related to Sirius by blood.
Ranma is the adopted son of Sirius Black.
How? Before Harry's birth, Sirius traveled to other countries, and somehow met Genma, who sold Ranma to Sirius for something. However this transaction was documented, with both Sirius and Genma's signature and hanko (seal), and certified by official channels. Some clauses says that Ranma would stay with his original family until his tenth anniversary, when he would go to Sirius family care.
Why Sirius would do something like that? Maybe in spite to his family.
Another tiny possibility is that Ranma is a muggleborn wizard. In other words, he have access to magic, but he doesn't know how to use it, since he didn't have access to the magical world education. Or maybe he can access it by using martial arts. His ki is saturated with magic, so it can affect magical creatures.
So the will would reflect Ranma's status as Sirius son, leaving to Ranma and Harry all of his possessions. In other side, if the Malfoys end invalidating Sirius will, or making Harry arrives late to the hearing, all of Sirius possessions will go to Ranma, since he is Sirius son, fact that the Malfoys doesn't know.
Kraude
Initiate

Postby Hazard » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:04 am

If the Malfoys don't know, they will say that it should go to the closest blood relative, meaning Andromeda Black-Tonks, Bellatrix Black-Lestrange or Narcissa Black-Malfoy, not Ranma. They are not stupid and this makes it impossible for anyone other than Sirius blood son, brother, sister or parents to have a more valid claim.
Now, if the deal is sealed in blood, or with some blood-based ritual, it may well be different.
Of course, and I should have thought of this before, if the Malfoys only contest Harry and the other named Beneficiaries of the will's as valid inheritors, this might actually mean their confidence in having aniticipated everything might cause their loss.
Hazard
Senshi Cadet

Postby Musouka » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:01 pm

Maybe Genma's from the squibb branch of the Black that was sent overseas to avoid embarassment? Even better if he's Sirius' second cousin.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Hazard » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:20 pm

Actually, it isn't, while I'm not certain about how far a second cousin is as far as blood is concerned, if one does not have grandparents or -children, or siblings, nephews or nieces, one's cousing is one's closest blood-relative. Because of this, any claim Ranma has to the inheritance is less valid than that of the Malfoys and Lestranges.
Hazard
Senshi Cadet

Postby DCG » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:46 pm

Hazard wrote:That's a rather common thing, Ranma is the last remaining Black... No, it would be more fun if she becomes the Heir to the Blacks because of some random process.

Really? Thats funny i dont remember fics like that.
Wounder where they are hidding, There must be so many if its a common thing.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:49 pm

Cool, you're still writing ^_^
Nice start. Can't wait to see what you're plans for Ranma are.
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby DCG » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:59 pm

Good to see your still in ff Gaijin.
Will be interesting to see how you handle mixing ranma into HP stuff.
Ranma as the last black would be interesting as well.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Questara » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:21 pm

There's Two fics I know of that Ranma is a black, and he is Sirius' child,
The first I can't find at the moment, but what happened was Ranma does a bit of accidental magic, and is detected as being similar enough to Sirius' signature that the Japanese Auror's come after him, and then Nodoka reveals Ranma's past.
The other is one of the Threads of "A Rose at Hogwarts", of which the latest episode is:
http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/173662.html
Just click "View Episode Chain" and then the "Exact" button to view the whole thing.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Questara
Senshi Cadet

Postby Hazard » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:26 pm

It's been a while since I read any Ranma/Harry Potter cross-overs, but what I do remember of them is that Ranma is usually a previously unknown child of Sirius Black. It's just a reuse of the old relative-in-another-series-plot to cross some series over, like the Nodoka-is-Yosho's/Katsuhito's-daughter-plot.
Hazard
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Stories and C&C