Papa's Back Ch 6

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Papa's Back Ch 6

Postby Innortal » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:05 pm

Papa’s Back
Chapter 6
Journey of Discovery Part 1

Disclaimer: I don’t own this series or any other series. I am just floating an idea. I am making no money, nor plan to, off this venture. If you think of suing me over this, then grow up.
I would like to first personally thank all of those reviewing my stories. I enjoy reading your comments, and try to correct the grammatical errors I miss with my final read-through as well as my spell checkers. The suggestions you all make will help make this story better for everyone to enjoy, as well as allow my to fix some plot holes I may unintentionally leave. If you find any, let me know, and I will correct them and repost the chapters.
Nabiki sighed as she slipped out of the bed once again, pausing to note how Ranma continued to sleep.
She wanted to smile at that, even crawl back under the covers and back into his arms. It wasn’t that far of a stretch.
At least ... it wasn’t considering what they had been doing.
She wondered how long it would be before he wanted to ‘start holding off’ again until they got married. Hell, they still argued over who changed their relationship from partners to intimate lovers.
And if he knew what she was doing now, that fight would pale in comparison to this.
But it had to be this way, it had to be done ... if for no other reason to have some room, salvage the honor of their friend, and bring some peace of mind.
If he knew, he wouldn’t like it, even if it was the only choice.
This was why she wanted to make sure that he didn’t.
As she left the room with what she needed, she didn’t catch the look of worry that grew on his face, before the moon was once again hidden by the clouds.
Shampoo sighed as she looked out the window of the airport terminal. I’ve been gone for too long.
I should have come sooner, even if Kasumi said she didn’t need me.

“This place is too noisy,” muttered a redheaded boy beside her.
“Be quiet, Xenma,” said Shampoo. “We came here to see your father.”
“Are we certain this guy actually exists, Mom?” said a purple haired girl with a pigtail.
Shampoo sighed. I just had to end up with twins, didn’t I? It must be what my Beloved referred to as ‘just desserts’ or something like that. “Listen Xenko, I have already explained this to you.”
“We know,” growled out Xenma. “Dad didn’t even know we existed, and before you could show us to him because of some deal you had with another woman he loved, some old pervert summoned a demon and killed them all.”
“Except for our half-sister,” added Xenko.
“That is correct,” said Shampoo, waiting for the customs agent to finish with their luggage—not that they would find anything thanks to Hidden Weapons techniques. “Despite our offers, she was sent to stay with her Aunt on her mother’s side. After what had happened, I agreed with the Matriarch that it would be best for her.”
“We could have met her,” said Xenko.
“And done what?” asked Shampoo. “We couldn’t exactly tell her why even her Daddy didn’t know she had siblings.”
Xenma sighed. “Drop it, Sister. We are here now, and she is surely old enough to hear the truth.”
“As is he.”
The two children turned towards their mother. “What do you mean?” asked Xenma.
Shampoo smiled as she pointed to a television that was reviewing footage from a recent Senshi battle. “What can I say,” she started as her children stared at the image, “I never doubted for a moment that he would not come back.”
As her children caught the first look at their father—granted he was wearing weird armor and slashing at some creatures—Shampoo had to wonder one thing.
Would the ghosts of the past haunt them today?
Few things could ever frighten a Senshi. They had all faced death—many having been brought back a few times—faced enemies of unimaginable power—often making it out by the skin of their teeth—and seen things inside themselves that they never wanted to admit—unless you got them really drunk.
But they all had to cower in fear at the sight of one pissed off parent in battle armor with a very sharp pole-ax that was still somewhat covered in the blood of the youma it had slaughtered less than an hour ago.
Ranma tried to control his temper, not wanting to yell. After all, he could understand the need to fight the darker forces of existence. He himself had done it a few times before he was stranded in Hyurn.
But to fight them in short skirts! “Mako-chan,” said Ranma.
“Um ... yes, Daddy?” gulped the tall Senshi.
“As soon as I can contact my Guard on Hyurn, we are making you some decent ... covering armor.”
The girls blinked at that. “Um ... Dad, you’re not mad we’re fighting evil for Love and Justice?”
“No,” said Ranma, flexing his armored left hand, his right holding the pole-ax tightly to keep from falling into a father-rage and killing whoever put his little girl in such a stupid outfit. “I’m pi...upset that you are wearing such a revealing outfit.”
Several of the girls face-faulted at that.
Haruka snorted. “I’ve been saying that for years.”
Rei glared at her. “Like we’re going to believe that you hate it.”
“I hate how it looks on me,” clarified Haruka.
Left unsaid was that she rather liked the way it looked on the other girls.
“But the Senshi outfit was designed to be perfect by the best mages in the Moon Court,” added Luna.
Ranma glared at the lunar advisor, his eyes taking a more feral and cat-like glare. “You’ll find Hyurn armor a bit more durable and powerful than whatever those long dead fools came up with. I for one will not have my daughter risking her life while flashing every pervert nearby.”
“But the disguise field prevents ... um,” puttered out Usagi as Ranma directed his glare at her. Eep! Mako-chan’s dad is scary!
Ranma sighed, reigning in his control, as he dismissed his armor and weapon, returning to his earlier outfit. “Well, at least now I know why your body is saturated with magic.”
“Uh ... yeah,” said Makoto, standing up. “Daddy, I am the beautiful sailor suited warrior of Love and Justice, Sailor Jupiter.” She finished it by transforming before him, trying desperately to make the light show as short as possible—and hopefully not get chewed out some more.
Ranma studied her body with a detailed eye. “Strange way to use a planetary mana tap...” he muttered, much to the surprise of the others.
“You can see the flows of magic?” asked Ami.
Ranma nodded. “It’s something high level mages are taught in Hyurn, allows you to see magical traps and the threads of spells you might need to deal with or enhance.”
Turning Makoto around, he studied the spells in greater detail, though the look made Makoto feel like her father was judging whether or not she was properly dressed for a date.
When he started to growl, she had to bite back a cry of terror.
“Did you know you had several outfit options besides the short skirts?”
The girls all blinked at that. “We do?” asked Rei.
Ranma nodded, his eyes still glowing with rage. “They were reset to what you wear now.”
Artemis sighed. “That may have been the Mage Council’s fault,” said the white mooncat.
“All males?” asked Ranma.
“The female members had a meeting they were attending when the issue came up,” said Artemis. “Only the males were there, and there had been some ... animosity about the fact that there were no male Senshi.”
“And you know this ... why?” asked Luna.
“I was playing around with the Mercury Computer when the girls had that sleepover a few years ago and found it by accident,” said Artemis.
“I knew I didn’t leave it in the bathroom,” murmured Ami. Her friends had teased her about that for months.
Ranma sighed. “I’ll have to study the spells for a while before I even try to change that little setting,” said Ranma.
“Why not do it now?” asked Rei.
“Because the last time I tried to do that without a full understanding, I ended up stuck in a harem girl outfit every time I shifted to my female form,” said Ranma. “Worst years of my life,” he finished, before beginning to mumble about perverted six-armed demons.
The girls could only stare as he walked off, continuing to mutter.
Makoto just sighed. She was eighteen and a fighter of evil ... and her dad was about ready to dress her up from now on.
Sometimes, I miss being an orphan.
Ranma looked over some notes he had made from observing Makoto’s magical armor—if it could be called that—as well as her focus, which she called a henshin rod.
He was familiar with both tool as well as the method that seemed to be powering them. After all, more than one warrior on Hyurn had tried to tie the mana of the entire world into a single weapon.
Said attempt usually ended up with Hyurn receiving a new crater that was wide enough to be in at least two time zones, and the resulting mess needing to be taken care of by every magic-user on the planet.
It was one of the few times the little armies weren’t fighting each other. After all, if they didn’t repair the damage, the planet itself could die or explode, and that was very bad for those in charge.
So the fact that someone had made it work was quite an impressive feat.
It was also one he hoped to keep away from Hyurn. He had enough trouble with wannabe rulers challenging him for power. It got so bad at times; the Royal Guard would often take bets on the numbers of and the time until they were killed by him.
And if some of the local mages learned of what the Senshi had, they’d stop at nothing to possess such a secret.
But for the moment, he needed to at least determine how to alter the settings on her focus so that it summoned a magic armor that offered more ... protection ... than a sailor fuku.
“Probably made by a previous life of Happosai,” he muttered, studying the rune-filled pages.
Letting out a sigh, he began to dive into the work.
Or at least he tried, considering that one of his hellhounds had just jumped through his window.
“Mental note,” he muttered, “teach Kaji to use a door.
“What do you got there, boy?” he asked, as the hellhound bound gleefully over to his master ... complete with a large purple cat with bells in her hair.
Realizing what his faithful hound had brought him, Ranma could only utter a single word.
“Shit.”
******not yet completed
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Lightning » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:11 pm

looks good so far Innortal i can't wait for you to finish it
Senshi of Moon Base One

There is no such thing as a sane person. If anybody says that they are sane then they are just living in denial
Lightning
Moon Senshi

Postby AscendedWarrior » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:26 pm

how very interesting... can't wait for the rest of the chapter, if only to see how Ranma will be handeling the shampoo situation.
AscendedWarrior
Senshi Cadet

Postby DCG » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:05 pm

bit short but interesting.
Can't wait to see how ranma reacts to more kids, And makoto to having a bro&sis
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Kadunta » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:05 pm

Last chapter stated that the TV crew (correctly) identified Ranma at the scene. In this chapter Ranma has a battlesuit and (should I recall correctly) some headgear. That should make the identification somewhat problematic unless Ranma changes in the sight of a nation-wide audience. (Then again, if the specs have changed...)
Another thing is the naming of Xenma and Xanko... to have "e" there to remind of the pandaman... I don't know if the names of the Amazons mean anything in any language in Ranmaverse, but if Xian of Xian Pu is supposed to be the family name (or something comparable), calling them Xianma and Xianko might work better and still work as a reminder of Ranma and Ranko. Then again, I know nothing about how Chinese naming system works and so on, so feel free to ignore this.
/me looks at his sketchpad with a certain incomplete pic... then at the more recent drawings that look like <bleep>... need to get back up to speed before trying to finish that one.
Edit: And good work, of course.
"Nothing desiccates a mind so much as its repugnance to conceive obscure ideas."
-- E.M.Cioran, "All Gall Is Divided", translation by Richard Howard
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Metroidvania » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 pm

But it had to be this way, it had to be done ... if for no other reason to have some room, salvage the honor of their friend, and bring some peace of mind.

Interesting.....though I do wonder if Nabiki is referring to Shampoo or someone else......
Also interesting on how Shampoo talks about her "beloved", someone besides Ranma.....
Nice explanation on the fukus, also. Like the jealous mage bit.
It was also one he hoped to keep away from Hyurn. He had enough trouble with wannabe rulers challenging him for power. It got so bad at times; the Royal Guard would often take bets on the numbers of and the time until they were killed by him.

Seems Ranma's matured quite a bit, judging by that remark.....of course, people constantly plotting to kill you can do that, I suppose.
Since it's probably Shampoo Kaji's grip, it'll be interesting to see how Ranma reacts to learning he's got more kids......
Nice work. I'll wait until the next part gets posted for more.
Keep it up.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Musouka » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:28 am

The kids will probably ring the doorbell just as Shampoo is about to explain the situation and Makoto ends up answering the door.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Tovath » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:57 am

This is my faverite story of yours keep working on it
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Steiner » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:25 am

Glwaurguwargl, glaruwargle glar-glwuargle, glurwrawrgle'glargle waurg wuarglurwuargle!
(Translation from High Murloc: When will the light of revelation shine upon the past of the Landling, Ranma, who left his native grounds to dominate and rule other Landlings elsewhere?)
Glwaurgle, glurwuarg glwauwr'wuargle-glar, gar gluwurgle gulurwurglurg, gwargawlargle... glarwuargle garglewargle glwargle!?
(The explaination of the Landlings Magical Armor and the "reasoning" of the long-gone Spellmasters was interesting , although the sudden coming of the Landlings other spawn and their Clutchmother seems all too convenient... or has some nefarious plot hatched in the writing part of your head?)
Rawur'gargle ragle Mutanus! (For the Glory of Mutanus)
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever." - O'Brien
Steiner
Senshi Candidate

Postby Innortal » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:56 am

I have absolutely no idea what you just said.
Innortal
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Climhazard » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:15 am

Steiner, can you share with me? I'm sure that this is a very good stuff you smoke :).
- Carry the Emperor´s will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

- Even in death I still serve! (C) Dreadnought
Climhazard
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Metroidvania » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:29 pm

Steiner wrote:(Translation from High Murloc: When will the light of revelation shine upon the past of the Landling, Ranma, who left his native grounds to dominate and rule other Landlings elsewhere?)

Translation: When is Ranma's past going to be revealed, especially with his ruling another world?
(The explaination of the Landlings Magical Armor and the "reasoning" of the long-gone Spellmasters was interesting , although the sudden coming of the Landlings other spawn and their Clutchmother seems all too convenient... or has some nefarious plot hatched in the writing part of your head?)

Translation: The fuku's explanation was interesting, but Shanmpoo and her kids appearance seems a bit too convenient....or has some nefarious etc. etc.
(For the Glory of Mutanus)

No idea on this one.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Steiner » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:20 pm

All in all - correct!
And the last one... are battle-cries supposed to make sense?
To Climhazard: I pride myself on the fact that I can spout indecipherable nonsense like that above and change to normal, "intelligent", conversation in a heartbeat. I most certainly do not need artifical stimuli to produce extra insanity, for it is quite natural :p
edit, for I am indeed stupid and have a brain that fails me all too often :(
The planetary mantles of the senshi - is there any "official" documentation of how these were created or is there merely fanon?
Last edited by Steiner on Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever." - O'Brien
Steiner
Senshi Candidate

Postby Rei-chan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:54 pm

I didn't catch anything wrong in this one with grammer or spelling, but then again I won't claim to know much about proper grammer anyway. Very good Innortal, I was hopping to see more of this story soon. Please continue with this wonderful fic.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:33 pm

The planetary mantles of the senshi - is there any "official" documentation of how these were created or is there merely fanon?

Officially, that they were created is fanon. Technically the Senshi are a naturally-occurring phenomenon.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Next

Return to Stories and C&C