The Dark Lords Ascendant, Chapter 1 [R/SM cross]

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: The Dark Lords Ascendant, Chapter 1 [R/SM cross]

Postby Pusakuronu » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:50 am

Interesting. I didn't expect a timeskip until after all the known enemies were dealt with, but I approve - with canon behind us, this will be all new! Minor nitpick - wasn't Galaxia's attack city, or even planet-wide?

Anyway, good work on showing us what the situation is currently like and what the characters are up to at this age. I missed what Ranma does when he isn't on weird adventures though? Anyway, you also showed that super martial arts are somewhat normal in this world with the construction workers. Nice. I'm not sure what to make of the new villains yet. In any case, things should get hilarious once the senshi birthday party causes everyone to run into each other again.
Pusakuronu
Senshi Candidate
Posts: 40
 

Re: The Dark Lords Ascendant, Chapter 1 [R/SM cross]

Postby claymade » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:03 am

Pusakuronu wrote:Interesting. I didn't expect a timeskip until after all the known enemies were dealt with, but I approve - with canon behind us, this will be all new!

Indeed, that was (one of the) primary motivations for how I structured everything, to allow for that timeskip. The problem with the canon enemies--among other things--is that they tend to funnel the story inexorably toward a confrontation against a Final Boss of an Eldritch Abomination style that A) we've already seen Sailor Moon and company beat on their own, and B) it would be fairly absurd to have Ranma & co fighting against directly to begin with.

Although I was able to get around it in Metallia's case by taking advantage of the interquel nature of the fic and setting it up so that the Nerima crew were the never-explained-one-way-or-another-in-canon reason why Beryl only sent five flunkies after the Senshi instead of just Zerg rushing them with every youma at her disposal... that still left Ranma & co. one step removed from the ultimate, final, final showdown. I figured that was acceptable for the interlude, but I really didn't think that would cut it for the finale to everything as far as this fic series was concerned.

Pusakuronu wrote:Minor nitpick - wasn't Galaxia's attack city, or even planet-wide?

Quite so, that's pretty much why I had the NWC out of the country at the time it transpired. I supposed I should probably throw in a specific mention about "strange disturbances in the planet" or something coinciding with that time too...

Pusakuronu wrote:Anyway, good work on showing us what the situation is currently like and what the characters are up to at this age. I missed what Ranma does when he isn't on weird adventures though?

Hmmm, I didn't really have him take on a particular new role--mainly because all that weird adventuring/hero stuff is itself increasingly becoming his full-time "thing".

Pusakuronu wrote:Anyway, you also showed that super martial arts are somewhat normal in this world with the construction workers. Nice.

Digging deeper into the overall marital-arts-and-crafts world they inhabit is always fun. :D Given that Cologne herself talks about how the Bakusai Tenketsu was designed for their industry, I figured it would be fun to have Ryouga "talk shop" with some other practitioners. Glad you liked!

Pusakuronu wrote:I'm not sure what to make of the new villains yet.

I wanted a threat that was a bit more than just the usual "even more powerful planet-eating-menace than last season's planet-eating-menace" pattern. Something that could threaten both other groups in ways they're not so accustomed to dealing with... and using approaches they're not so prepared to defend against.

Pusakuronu wrote:In any case, things should get hilarious once the senshi birthday party causes everyone to run into each other again.

Heh heh heh... Well, of course I can't say anything one way or the other; guess we'll just have to see how it plays out... :D
claymade
Asteroid Senshi
Posts: 927
 


Return to Stories and C&C

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users