Sailor Jupiter II 19 - When Human Respect Is Disintegratin'

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Sailor Jupiter II 19 - When Human Respect Is Disintegratin'

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:27 pm

You occasionally have to pay for the party. Be worried about Morita, he's got plans to put the Senshi through things that Takarada wouldn't have even dreamed of

That may well backfire on him... Kasumi and Rei likely would not allow it... Kodachi might well protest, having gotten used to how things were under Takarada...

And if all else fails, depending on whether his plan agree with them or not... especially in their current respective moods Asuka, Davis, and Dragon might well also have a thing to say ont he subject...

As for Sasami and Hotaru... Sasami's pranks in Tenchi with the exception of sending an unknown male into her sisters bedroom with her in it... were mostly harmless... here, her and Hotaru were not only cruel, but set Makoto up not only for failure, but a failure that left her disoriented, and defenseless in Nerima of all things... I was most upset and was waitng in full eagerness for a massive case of retribution to be delivered upon their heads.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:32 pm

You occasionally have to pay for the party. Be worried about Morita, he's got plans to put the Senshi through things that Takarada wouldn't have even dreamed of

PCHeintz72 wrote:That may well backfire on him... Kasumi and Rei likely would not allow it... Kodachi might well protest, having gotten used to how things were under Takarada...
Don't count out the Admiral. He knows the difference between a 'swivel chair hussar' and one who's 'seen the elephant'.

PCHeintz72 wrote:And if all else fails, depending on whether his plan agree with them or not... especially in their current respective moods Asuka, Davis, and Dragon might well also have a thing to say ont he subject...
One reason he sent the dragon away.

PCHeintz72 wrote:As for Sasami and Hotaru... Sasami's pranks in Tenchi with the exception of sending an unknown male into her sisters bedroom with her in it... were mostly harmless... here, her and Hotaru were not only cruel, but set Makoto up not only for failure, but a failure that left her disoriented, and defenseless in Nerima of all things... I was most upset and was waitng in full eagerness for a massive case of retribution to be delivered upon their heads.
The mills of the gods grind slow, but grind exceeding fine. Consequences are coming.
Chief Book and Wottlecasher of the Principality of Vhrool
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Postby OSMQEP » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:20 am

My apologies for flaking out and not putting together another response in the last thread or so.

If I remember correctly, I meant to say that if Dragons aren't the sorts to say thanks, they might still say 'with' or 'because of' instead of 'without'. Going off memory, 'thanks to', 'with', or 'because of' matched the context of the rest of the sentence better than 'without'. I think I've probably lost all my other notes.

Daniel Jess Gibson wrote:
Both Lind and the box seemed to be grinning, without appearing to be. "Fight as one," Lind said quietly.

"Heart, hand and soul," Jeff-in-the-box added somberly, "What say ye?"

Reminds me of the lyrics of a certain song.

Daniel Jess Gibson wrote: The others glanced at their restored, familiar human forms. Ryoko whispered to Ayeka, "I think Tenchi would have like cuddling with a cute stuffed animal." She paused to let Ayeka's outrage build to explosion, then added, "Or two."

'would have like' perhaps should be 'would have liked'

Daniel Jess Gibson wrote: "I'm not like you, I still have a conscience."

I have the impression that SD never had one to begin with. At least not in the normal human sense. Or rather, that Jeff was not exactly Human normal, and that the Scholarly Dragon hasn't exactly changed much in that regard since being formed.

Daniel Jess Gibson wrote:"Is it leather, or plastic?" Princess Jupiter asked as she joined Sailor Jupiter out in the crater.

Could be some strange alien composite. I also imagine it could be whatever they use back 'home'.

Daniel Jess Gibson wrote: Now he had both the Scholarly Dragon's and Admiral Takarada's undivided attention. When the door closed, and a faint ripple seemed to course through the room, he began, "There is a cancer at the heart of the Japanese, and possibly the American government. A nihilistic cult who hopes that the 'new age', which they will usher in, will remake the world into something without limits and without judgementalism. Ironic, considering the sneering and judgmental attitudes of those working to usher it in."

This makes me laugh, for various reasons.

I have a feeling that there is a great amount of truth and little, if any, falsehood in what we see of the Scholarly Dragon's speech to the Diet.

I really enjoyed reading this part. I think it works very well.

Daniel Jess Gibson wrote:Things are a little more stable in my life, I've got all the accumulated notes unpacked that I've generated since I last published a chapter (2009), and the notes for Chapters 58 and 59 of SSM (which together are about 1.4 MB, and need considerable editing).

-Real Life has eaten my brain, but I shall return.
OSMQEP
Senshi Cadet

Return to Stories and C&C