Rurouni Ranma, chapter six

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or evenfanfiction. All longform creative writing allowed. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Postby Questara » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:01 pm

I tend to agree with the return of Akane being a bad thing. Not that I have too much against her, I just like the policy of once an author's managed to separate Ranma from Akane, it's a good thing to continue to keep them apart.
PS Okay, maybe I do have something against Akane, I just think that hitting someone in response to rudeness is an extremely bad policy.
Questara
Senshi Cadet

Postby Anime_Freak317 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:10 pm

Questara wrote:PS Okay, maybe I do have something against Akane, I just think that hitting someone in response to rudeness is an extremely bad policy.

This I can agree with. But that would also apply to Shampoo/Cologne (bashing Moose), Ryoga (standing up for Akane), and Kodachi (mostly because she's phsyco). :|
JoT is on hold..again. Legal issues and work modes have been incresingly harsh. Chapter is 25% done. Sorry.
Tear of the Lone Wolf P( :cry:
Anime_Freak317
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Questara » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:30 pm

Anime_Freak317 wrote:
Questara wrote:PS Okay, maybe I do have something against Akane, I just think that hitting someone in response to rudeness is an extremely bad policy.

This I can agree with. But that would also apply to Shampoo/Cologne (bashing Moose), Ryoga (standing up for Akane), and Kodachi (mostly because she's phsyco). :|

Did you hear me saying anything positive about them either?
Questara
Senshi Cadet

Postby Anime_Freak317 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:32 pm

Questara wrote:Did you hear me saying anything positive about them either?

:twisted: 8)
Not a word, and I'm not complaining either.
AAABS (All-Anime Akane Basher Society)
8) :twisted:
JoT is on hold..again. Legal issues and work modes have been incresingly harsh. Chapter is 25% done. Sorry.
Anime_Freak317
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Light02 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:54 pm

is it still taking members, I'm in the Socitey Aginst the Brats(my opinion of the fiancees).
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Anime_Freak317 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:43 pm

One thing i noticed recently, the reference to Ranma's hair. You only put a quick section on him losing the pigtail and having a bishonen style cut. Wouldn't someone have notice this or made a comment on it??? Plus others would like to know the type of cut too in my opinion.
Anime_Freak317
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby DCG » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:06 pm

Your maken ranma weeker?
I find the "system" where you gain in one thing but lose another rather silly.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby DarkFyre99 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:11 pm

*returns from the depths of Tombraider: Legends*
Sorry I haven't visited lately, but I've been playing video games. :D
Anyhow, about some comments and concerns
RE: The return of Akane.
It had always been my intention to have genuine closure for each of the fiancees. That included Akane... and its her turn during the Kyoto arc. I hope to show her better side in the next chapter... I'm sure it's in there somewhere. :wink: Not only that, she badly needs to grow up a little.
In addition, the Kyoto arc has become a lot darker thanks to a certain someone who showed up uninvited, so I desperately need Akane to play her role in this arc's original form: pure comedy. I've set up several jokes in this chapter, and one of them involves Akane. :lol:
RE: The cast of... dozens?
Yes, there are a lot of characters in this arc, from several different series: Sailor Moon, Devil Hunter Yohko, Ranma 1/2, Sakura Wars, and Rurouni Kenshin. It's the nature of the beast.
RE: Ranma's hair style
To date, Ranma hasn't been interacting too much with the Nerima Wrecking Crew (TM). As such, nobody has been around that knows about the change, so they won't comment on it. Those who are aware of the change either had other concerns at the time (Shampoo) or was there for another reason entirely and far more interested in the Art than the guy's hairstyle (Cologne).
Don't worry, though. People are arriving in Kyoto who knew Ranma from before, and will be commenting on how he's changed.
I also realized that I haven't mentioned the Entity this chapter, plus I've now got an Omake... so enjoy ^_^. I'll probably be posting this on FF.net soon.
Meanwhile, in Intergalactic Space:
The Entity continued its lonely journey. Intergalactic space was so boring. It was tempted to liven things up, but such efforts would go to waste if there was nobody around to appreciate it. It paused briefly at a rare star cluster, in which intelligent life had arose on a single system. It deflected an asteroid towards the planet, and watched in amusement at the futile attempts of the lesser beings to divert its path. Rejuvenated by the results of its labor, and the devastation the asteroid caused, it continued on to the galaxy that hosted its destination: a tiny planet called Earth.
Omake, based on a comment by J. St.C Patrick
Sub-Commander Ayame paused as she stepped into Commander Yoneda’s office. “Commander?” She called out tentatively as she entered the dimly lit office.
As the door behind her closed, a spotlight turned on above the Commander’s desk. The Commander stared at her behind the mirror shades he wore, his hands folded before his face. “Good evening, Ayame. Are those the reports?”
Slightly nervous, the Sub-Commander nodded. “Yes sir. Are you alright?”
“Perfectly alright, Ayame. Have I psychologically tortured my son recently?”
“Um, Commander? You don’t have a son. You never married.”
“Ah... how short-sighted of me. I’ll just have to choose someone to fill that role, then.”
“Have you been drinking, sir?”
“Just a little. Do you have a suggestion on who I should choose?”
Ayame, deciding to humor her commanding officer, thought for a second. “How about Captain Ohgami? You’ve always said he’s like the son you never had.”
“It would never work. Ohgami is far too steady. I think I’ll choose Sumire. She’s always been a bit unstable emotionally.”
“Whatever you say, Sir.”
“What of my brilliant plan to destroy the world so I can be reunited with my dead wife?”
“You’ve never been married, sir, and you don’t have the power to destroy the world,” she said hesitantly. “Though you could probably blow up Kyoto."
“Of course, you’re right. And destroying Kyoto would be pointless if I don't get reunited with my lost love. That’ll be all, Ayame. Unless you want to help me dream up a plan to torment Sumire.”
Ayame smiled. “I’d be happy to help you with that, Sir.”
DarkFyre99
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dragon Man » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:00 am

That last line was the best! I almost feel sorry for Sumire, having someone deciding to treat you like Gendo treats Shinji is one of the worst things that could happen to you. I look forward to seeing how it goes!
Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.
No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.
When in China, listen to your tour guide.
"Stay with the Master Chief - he'll know what to do." - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.
Dragon Man
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Stories and C&C